• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marlow Briggs is $1 on PayWUW. Still makes God of War look like shit

Tizoc

https://www.paywuw.com/
You also get at least 2 decent games along with it~

Box_art_of_the_video_game_Marlow_Briggs_and_the_Mask_of_Death.jpg

What is Marlow Briggs?
Wikipedia said:
In Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, you play as Marlow Briggs, a black tribal Aztec Jedi warrior accompanied by Aku Aku who makes an amazing Darksiders and God of War impersonation. You fight the Asian menace to rescue your Hispanic girlfriend.

What does SteamGAF think of it?
Marlow Briggs is a PC/Steam GAF masterpiece. Hailed by even SteamGAF's most respected posters
Oh man, this game. THIS GAME.
Just played it for a couple of hours (at 123 Hz/FPS no less). Plays really well, provides non-stop action and true heroics, and crucially realizes perfectly well just how silly these games are.

Now, if only there was a conveniently placed gun for me to take out these choppers with.

Stump said:
Not even the DC and Marvel universes combined can match Marlow Briggs

JaseC said:
I actually put 10 minutes into playing this game. 11/10 would try again while waiting for UPlay to update

Derrick01 said:

What does the internet think of Marlow Briggs?
Two Best Friends liked it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZTgX4Pzxw
TotalBiscuit enjoyed it for what it is: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zg9NHjHC-c

Bonus smexy Uncharted 2-like screenshots
Click or open in new tab for hi res said:

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Skeet skeet skeet" is quite the moment

It's overall not very good. Probably worth a dollar. Probably still does make God of War look bad.

But it's tons and tons of repeated combat scenarios, extensive stop-and-pan cutscenes that show Marlow doing things you would want to be doing, and some fairly annoying glitches (like the camera not going with you when you go too fast and the game just assuming you died).

Zareka

I bought this on sale for under a quid ages ago but couldn't get it working on my main monitor.

Is this game actually fun or is this an in joke I'm not getting? I have time to play it tomorrow.

Eggbok

So I read the thread title, then clicked on totalbiscuts video. Skipped into the the video and he legit says, "Is it better than god of war, or such things? No, of course not."

OP
"Still makes God of War look like shit."
fry.PNG

Tizoc

So I read the thread title, then clicked on totalbiscuts video. Skipped into the the video and he legit says, "Is it better than god of war, or such things? No, of course not."

OP
fry.PNG

I stand by my statement, just look at Marlow's face, then go look up EVERY close-up of Kratos'
Box_art_of_the_video_game_Marlow_Briggs_and_the_Mask_of_Death.jpg

Marlow wins everytime.

Phawx

Please understand

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phawx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Marlow Briggs -- MB-D0928C8503A3A472 - Taken by Zeeman. 10 entrants total.
Steel and Steam Episode 1 -- MB-2FCC30ED6F2BBAE0 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 1 entrants total.
Battlepaths -- MB-5E4EF1FCAF615036 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.

t1410810796z1.png

I stand by my statement, just look at Marlow's face, then go look up EVERY close-up of Kratos'
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d4/Box_art_of_the_video_game_Marlow_Briggs_and_the_Mask_of_Death.jpg[/img

Marlow wins everytime.[/QUOTE]
"Cats prefer it"!

Seriously though guys, for 1$ the entertainment to awesomeness ratio is bar none. Grab it!

I bought this on the last sale, based on the thread about it. Played it once and never touched it again. The novelty of "wow this is actually decent" wears off quickly. I'm trying to remember where I left off...somewhere after that first challenge where you're in a turret shooting down helicopters. I'd avoid this game but for a single dollar it's worth it, I guess? Just to see what it's like. It's a buck, whatever.

gngf123

This game is genuinely really damn fun to play. I recommend it.

I bought this on sale for under a quid ages ago but couldn't get it working on my main monitor.

Is this game actually fun or is this an in joke I'm not getting? I have time to play it tomorrow.

It is fun in an 80's B movie kind of way. The game is very self-aware. It knows it isn't the best game around and is totally happy to take the imperfections it has and laugh at itself, and every other action game that suffers from similar problems.

I personally love that. The combat might not be anything completely original but few games made me laugh as much.

The best friends zaibatsu told me Marlow Briggs was GOAT.

That was truly the understatement of the century buy this game for gods sake.

I bought it from Amazon digital for $1 awhile back. I finished every GoW game I've ever started. I only made it through about four levels of this mess. It's perfectly fine as a distraction but there are so many more better uses of your time.

Highly recommended everyone pick this up. I received it as a gift during steams summer sale and it's a blast to play from beginning to end.

Carlius

Banned
It's overall not very good. Probably worth a dollar. Probably still does make God of War look bad.

But it's tons and tons of repeated combat scenarios, extensive stop-and-pan cutscenes that show Marlow doing things you would want to be doing, and some fairly annoying glitches (like the camera not going with you when you go too fast and the game just assuming you died).

u take it way too serious man...way too serious lol

Tizoc

I would recommend playing on Easy as on Normal, later enemies take quite a number of hits before they die @_@

impact

Banned
I bought this on the last sale, based on the thread about it. Played it once and never touched it again. The novelty of "wow this is actually decent" wears off quickly. I'm trying to remember where I left off...somewhere after that first challenge where you're in a turret shooting down helicopters. I'd avoid this game but for a single dollar it's worth it, I guess? Just to see what it's like. It's a buck, whatever.

My time is worth more than a dollar. Thank you :)

system11

Marlow Briggs is loads of fun, it was hard to beat at the original price, when you should have all bought it to support good smaller budget games.

Man I bought it for marlow briggs but it turns out I already owned it. I tried to give it away to my friends but nobody wants marlow briggs.

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death HGECN-2C3J2-75LK3

Lijik

Oh sure ignore all the other positive impressions just to find an excuse not to give this game a fair chance.

yeah but if they find the one person who doesnt like something in each thread, they never have to play games again!

the curse is lifted!

impact

Banned
Oh sure ignore all the other positive impressions just to find an excuse not to give this game a fair chance.

Sorry, I just trust Heavy on games moreso than most of "PCGAF"

And it looks like an awful Vita game upscaled to 1080p from the screenshots in OP

Durante

And it looks like an awful Vita game upscaled to 1080p from the screenshots in OP
Come on now. Taste is subjective, but graphics are objective to some extent (on a technical level), and Marlow Briggs doesn't look like a Vita game.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Vita has some good looking games!

Where did you find this screenshot of the Golden Abyss HD Remaster?

I picked this up last time after that claim but not yet gotten round to playing it. The snow screenshot does look great though.

OP
fry.PNG

Basically did and heard TB say the same...but picked it up first after the last thread.

impact

Banned
Come on now. Taste is subjective, but graphics are objective to some extent (on a technical level), and Marlow Briggs doesn't look like a Vita game.

I dunno man, that first screen looks an awful lot like Uncharted Golden Abyss with better IQ.

Zareka

It is fun in an 80's B movie kind of way. The game is very self-aware. It knows it isn't the best game around and is totally happy to take the imperfections it has and laugh at itself, and every other action game that suffers from similar problems.

I personally love that. The combat might not be anything completely original but few games made me laugh as much.

Oh man, I love it when games do this! I can deal with less than great stuff in games if the game can have a good laugh at itself. I have to start this ASAP. But, college work to do first. :(

Tizoc

Bump~
Note that the bundle is for 14 days but hey don't miss out on it.

Also if the mods don't like bumping threads like this I apologize and won't do it til like next week...

Top Bottom