• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marlow Briggs on sale for $0.99, Obama concurs "Makes Kratos look like shit"

Tizoc

Box_art_of_the_video_game_Marlow_Briggs_and_the_Mask_of_Death.jpg

The wait is over; epic stylish action game Marlow Briggs and the Mask of death is on sale at last for the low low low low price of $0.99 at HumbleBundle.com
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/marlowbriggsandthemaskofdeath_storefront?hmb_source=search_bar

What is Marlow Briggs you ask?
In Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, you play as Marlow Briggs, a black tribal Aztec Jedi Knight accompanied by Aku Aku who makes such an amazing God of War impersonation that it makes this game surpass it. You fight the Asian Menace to rescue your Hispanic girlfriend.
It's true. All of it.

Just look at these exotic locales you play through

If you want some of dat God of War style gameplay, Marlow Briggs is the game for you and should run fine on any PC or Laptop spec.

Heck when even DURANTE was impressed by it, you know this game is doing a lot of things right
Oh man, this game. THIS GAME.
Just played it for a couple of hours (at 123 Hz/FPS no less). Plays really well, provides non-stop action and true heroics, and crucially realizes perfectly well just how silly these games are.

Now, if only there was a conveniently placed gun for me to take out these choppers with.

Still want more convincing?
Two Best Friends liked it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZTgX4Pzxw
TotalBiscuit enjoyed it for what it is: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zg9NHjHC-c

The discounts will last for another 12 days. Also HumbleBundle.com has a Winter Sale going on with some cool stuff, go search and buy.

Pakkidis

Great B tier game. Knows exactly what it is and lives up to it. Closest thing to god of war right now on Steam.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Obama chuckled.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Looks like a pretty decent game, especially for that price. Thanks, OP.

The story is crap. But the gameplay is pretty fun in a dumbed-down-GoW way.

Biggest surprise of 2014 from Rhaknar for me.

HGH

Banned
Did I ever post that quote from the developers on how Microsoft fucked them over with this game so hard?
Seriously though, this game deserves your 99 cents.

davedc226

Picked this up on Steam a while back and was pleasantly surprised with how good it is. Worth a try, if you like these types of action games.

Never heard about this. Seems like a decent God of War clone for a buck? Sure. Ill bite.

PC needs more action games like this.

Also now I am reminded Garshasp existed.

Edit.

This was a Microsoft Studios game? And released in 2013 for the XBLA. That makes sense why I never heard about it. That was right when MS was at peak "fuck downloadables that are not minecraft" mode.

oti

Banned
Never heard about this. Seems like a decent God of War clone for a buck? Sure. Ill bite.

Edit.

This was a Microsoft Studios game? And released in 2013 for the XBLA. That makes sense why I never heard about it. That was right when MS was at peak "fuck downloadables that are not minecraft" mode.

GARSHAAAAAAAAAASP!

Edit.

Ya, Microsoft owns the IP

Lijik

The pacing in this game is what makes it. It knows exactly what it is and cuts a sequence just shy of feeling overlong to move onto the next thing.

Anteater

it's gow without the decent bosses and enemy encounters

i didn't like gow games all that much but this is more boring to me, but as far as quality goes it's still good especially for a dollar

HGH

Banned
You can't just drop that and not explain what happened
Sorry, I had to dig through a ton of old posts to find it!
Speaking of Marlow Briggs, that reminds me. After the original video years ago, someone saw it was developed by Zoot Fly but it wasn't on their website, so he shot them an email. The reply:
"Yes, we indeed developed Marlow Briggs. It's not on the page because both 505Games and Microsoft Games (the original publisher) screwed us over royally and we had to close the studio down. The takeaway idea? Don't develop game, just play them.

Cheers, Bostjan Troha ex-CEO of Zoot Fly"

Ever since I've been gifting the game whenever I can. Even if it's mediocre, no one deserves this. Seriously, no justice in the world.

jholmes

I have Steam credit, damn it! This is going to convert to like $1.50 Canadian!!

Why oh why weren't you in that Steam sale?

GhostBed

This looks to be right up my alley. "B grade" action games like these are gems.

Definitely worth a look for just $.99.

DOA

i highly recommend the game. it has the same problems as GoW (camera issues mostly) but the jokes inside are totaly worth it

Azubah

This game is pretty awesome. It's unapologetic about what it is and revels in the insanity of the whole concept.

Tizoc

Real talk: is there a game in this genre with a non-crap story? At least this one knows it's crap.

I don't see what the big deal is with the story. It's simple, straight forward gets the job done
Badass black jedi knight slaughters brainless mooks to save his girlfriend from the asian menace.
Like does anyone praise MG Rising for the story? THey praise it for the gameplay and crazy things that go on in it.
What exactly constitutes as a non-crap story in ana ction game anyways @_@

I bought this game for $0.99 on a Steam Sale awhile back and think it's definitely worth a playthrough.
Of course it's pretty silly, but it's amazing in a dumb action movie kinda way. I love it!

NoKisum

I wish there was an option to move the game screen to my TV, but then again, the game is only 99 cents.

Rran

Holy crap, how have I not heard of this game before... will buy (cannot believe a game like this is only a buck). Thanks, OP :D

Top Bottom