• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marlow Briggs on sale for $0.99, Obama concurs "Makes Kratos look like shit"

Unit24

I don't see what the big deal is with the story. It's simple, straight forward gets the job done
Badass black jedi knight slaughters brainless mooks to save his girlfriend from the asian menace.
Like does anyone praise MG Rising for the story? THey praise it for the gameplay and crazy things that go on in it.
What exactly constitutes as a non-crap story in ana ction game anyways @_@

I think DMC3's story is pretty decent, but beyond that, I can't think of much.

Tizoc

I think DMC3's story is pretty decent, but beyond that, I can't think of much.

DMC3's story is about stopping Vergil from destroying the world or some ish. If we're talking about stuff that happens throughout the story or narritive, OK I'll give you that DMC3 has that well done, but the plot or story isn't that elevated by it I think. i wouldn't call it crap though.

every time.

Nope
It did not go on sale on Steam this Winter Seal nor Autumn Sale.
I checked.

Haunted

It's not a great game, but it's not a bad game, either.

Well worth that amount of money, it's a full-fledged game.

L.O.R.D

DMC3's story is about stopping Vergil from destroying the world or some ish. If we're talking about stuff that happens throughout the story or narritive, OK I'll give you that DMC3 has that well done, but the plot or story isn't that elevated by it I think. i wouldn't call it crap though.

Nope
It did not go on sale on Steam this Winter Seal nor Autumn Sale.
I checked.

oh , sorry

BTW , you can't this game from steam here in Saudi arabia , there is no buy button.
maybe because of that ?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249680/

Duraigo

Right now on Steam, due to the forces the be, you can get yourself a copy of Marlow Briggs & the Mask of Death for .99 cents. I’ll repeat that:

.99 mother fucking cents

You may be asking yourself “What is Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death?” Well I’m here to tell ya what it ain’t.

It ain’t $15 dollars

It ain’t a bad game

And it ain’t the worst way to waste your time

Still not convinced on spending a measly sum that is less than a dollar but more than the annual GDP of a 4th world country? Well then I’m going to sell you this game on three great points:

1: The cover art for this game
tumblr_inline_n7hfn1zvgG1rlmziy.jpg

LOOK AT THIS HANDSOME SON OF A BITCH RIGHT HERE
tumblr_inline_n7hfpvFMeF1rlmziy.png

People please calm yo knees, cause Briggs is in the place, and he on the case!

You still don’t understand the masterpiece we have at our hands here, then let’s take a look at the description for the game that once was plastered on Wikipedia, the fountain of knowledge that got you through high school.

2: The description

In Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, you play as Marlow Briggs, a black tribal Aztec Jedi warrior accompanied by Aku Aku who makes an amazing Darksiders and God of War impersonation. You fight the Asian menace to rescue your Hispanic girlfriend.

HERE'S THE DAMN RECEIPT GAF

You may be thinking "There ain't a chance in hell that that's what's on Wikipedia this very moment". And sadly your ass would be right. Apparently some people thought that we as the human race were not ready for such a description, and decided to replace such great text with some vanilla text that has the same worth as the small print on a soup can label.

3: The game itself

Now if the above two points have not convinced you to go and purchase this game, and they better have god damn you, then hopefully seeing the game being played IN ALL IT’S GLORY will. And who better to show game play than Two best friends

Super Best Friends Play Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death

(warning game play should not be seen by people with heart conditions, pregnant women, and people who are afraid of getting pregnant by just looking at the awe inspiring man that is Marlow Briggs)

Hopefully by now, one of these points, all three of these points, or all four of these points because there’s a fourth one in there by god, have convinced you to get Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death.

We have something here folks…..we have something beautiful here

MARLOW BRIGGS 2016

HotHamBoy

Sometimes I wonder if price should even factor in to a purchase of a middling game. Do I really need something else to add to my massive backlog? I have so much to play through. Time is money.

Fredrik

Holy crap haha I just noticed that I posted in the first thread and realized that this is THE game that lured me into becoming a PC gamer, bought it because it was cheap even without having a PC
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=117562376
This was the sliding doors moment in my gaming life, Briggs was first, then came Legend of Grimrock, played on an old laptop, Steam Summer Sale lured me in further, 2 years later I probably have over 100 games, a proper gaming PC, triple screens, Steam Link, etc, and wouldn't think of using consoles for anything except exclusives. And it all started with this game.

Thanks for the heads up!
I remember watching the first part of a Let's Play of this, and thinking it looked delightfully campy. I stopped watching with the intention of picking it up soon after, but never got around to doing so, so this is perfect.

Tizoc

How are the qte's? I have hand problems and can't do the gow style button mashing ones

I don't remember any QTEs tbh, at the most they'd be like Darksiders; press a button and boom enemy dead.
oh , sorry

BTW , you can't this game from steam here in Saudi arabia , there is no buy button.
maybe because of that ?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249680/

That would be an odd reason then.
Game is available for my region (Oman), so anyone could gift it to you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Real talk: is there a game in this genre with a non-crap story? At least this one knows it's crap.

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition: Dante's Awakening. B-)

Ninja Gaiden 1 as well, outside of the city/nation you invade being not explained too well.
Well that and the end boss, anyway.

L.O.R.D

I don't remember any QTEs tbh, at the most they'd be like Darksiders; press a button and boom enemy dead.

That would be an odd reason then.
Game is available for my region (Oman), so anyone could gift it to you.

already bought from your previous thread.

Are you guys and gals for real when you state that this game is good.

AOcHgxh7ZC-4.png

I can't tell if you are serious

It's a good (not uh, great) game and pretty self-aware. It just really shows that it's meant to be a budget downloadable game. You fight scorpions like a hundred times and there's no real impact to the movement or combat.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Are you guys and gals for real when you state that this game is good.

AOcHgxh7ZC-4.png

I can't tell if you are serious

I had a big smile on my face while playing this. That's what matters.

The static cutscenes are a bummer (no doubt due to budgetary constraints) but this really isn't bad. Certainly worth a buck if you like this kind of game.

Tizoc

Less than 4 days to go, grab it quick if you hadn't, this game doesn't go on sale that regularly :X

Glix

Got this mega cheap as part of a bundle or something around two years ago. Game is surprisingly great for what it is.

Easily worth a dollar. Easily.

Hastati

Uh what this sounds awesome? Thanks for the recommendation. Gonna buy when I get home.

This and Anima gate something (impulse preordered) both seem to be great indie action games that came outta nowhere, developed by who knows who with love and care. Glad to see stuff like this getting produced, hope they make enough back to keep making games.

Top Bottom