• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marlow Briggs & the Mask of Death is $0.99 on Steam. Makes God of War look like shit

Tizoc

Box_art_of_the_video_game_Marlow_Briggs_and_the_Mask_of_Death.jpg

Thanks to Lomax for the heads up in the Steam thread
Here's a great one for hidden deals but well worth jumping on now, Marlow Briggs is down to only 99 cents:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249680/

I'm playing this atm and am almost finishing it and wanted to make a LTTP for it, but I think this'll do.

Marlow Briggs is an action game that plays very similar to God of War right down to the right stick being for dodging.
If you like GoW-style games or want one that'll cure that GoW itch, def. get this game, or heck if the image above gives you that 80s action flick feel then you wouldn't be far from the truth, at least it is to me.
Its set pieces and locals are right up there with the likes of the GoW games and Uncharted, here are a dozen snapshots I took from the game below.

Oh and to top it off? Unlike Kratos, Marlow's a cool bro and hero, ain't his fault suicidal mercenaries get in his way, if they were smart to leave him alone, he'd be generous enough not to stick his double scythe up their asses, but whatcha gonna do?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tizoc7...westfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall
Click or open in new tab for hi res said:
25887D8F393D142E93687174926F6F1639C37657

34FE744E8122BAF7924867A7B2B8ECA3834BCEC8

8337256496417B499B5F4872FCE9E26303731162

HOW CAN YOU HATE ON THIS?!

Tizoc

you sure about that claim?

Eh should've said Kratos TBH, but a catchy thread title's a catchy thread title.
Now buy the game and bask the glory that is Marlow Briggs' 101 ways to wreck an evil chinese crime lord's crazy ass plan to conquer the world.

Grand Optimist

Neo Member
Those screenshots look a lot better than on the XBLA version. Two Best Friends looked at this a while back and got super hyped about it

Tizoc

Those screenshots look a lot better than on the XBLA version. Two Best Friends did looked at this a while back and got super hyped about it

PC ver. is 60 FPS btw, I believe 360 ver. is 30 FPS. I should watch that 2 best friends play of Marlow Briggs again, loved some of their jokes and quips.

PranooY

I like Kratos, coz he isn't an everyday smug hero like Marlow.
And I love anti-heros...;)

Is this game any good though? Guess I'll try and see, since its $0.99.

It does not make God Of War look like shit, and I like the game. It's a good GoW clone and it is pretty humorous and fun as well but come on now. :)

Yes, this game is fun.
Yes, this game is at a great value.
Yes, this game has a better lead character.
Yes, this game is all about fucking shit up.

BUT
You can't go in expecting anything but "fuck-yeah" entertainment. If you like that? Yeah, this game is the best.

MaSHoe

Neo Member
Thanks OP, was going to get this on XBL with the free codes from Gamestop but I'll get it on Steam since I have enough money in my Steam wallet from cards I sold on the market.

arab

you can't go in expecting anything but "fuck-yeah" entertainment. makes mario look like a bitch

Bubsy_3D_gameplay.png

seriously this games looks worth 99 cents and not a penny more

ViviOggi

Well that's not hard, OP.
you can't go in expecting anything but "fuck-yeah" entertainment. makes mario look like a bitch

Bubsy_3D_gameplay.png

seriously this games looks worth 99 cents and not a penny more

So it has come to this

We're hating on Bubsy 3D now

After watching Two Best Friends play it, oh man, I fell in love.
Marlow Briggs is great, it's sooo insane and it accepts the insanity and makes tons of jokes, and it's just a joy to play.

Only problem I really had with it was the cutscenes where they're a single frame with the camera rotating and then when it changes so you can't see what's happening it's changed the frame, I dunno how to explain it, but the cutscenes were my least favourite part, but since there's an achievement for skipping all the cutscenes in a playthrough, I think they realised that as well, lol.

DEFINITELY worth picking up for 99c, crazy good bargain.
I do hope there is a Marlow Briggs 2 though since the ending was pretty sequel bait-y, well that and I'd love another game just as insane(or more insane) than Marlow Briggs.

Dambrosi

Banned
Er, it's practically free with my Steam Wallet.

Fuck it, might as well.
I had just enough Steam moneys for this game, and it's been on my Want List for ages. This turned out to be just the right price for it.

Add to that that I finally got my ATOS assessment appointment today after eight months of waiting and biting my nails, plus the second-hand "for parts or not working" 60GB PS3 I bought on eBay for super cheap to fix/replace my broken old launch machine turned out to work fine on its own, thank you very much, and it's been a splendid day for me. I'm pleased as punch.

[/livejournal]

LQX

Bought it from Amazon a few months ago and have been playing it the past few days. Stop overselling it. It does not compare to God of War on any level and Marlow and that mask thing is fucking annoying.

Unit24

I can vouch for the fact that this game is super awesome. The gameplay is a complete rip of God of War, but it's a good one. I've had more fun with this than any GoW game past 3.

Lijik

This game is rad as hell and its paced so well. None of the mechanics are super deep but it knows just when to switch to the next thing before it gets boring. Some AAA games could learn from marlow

I know this post is going to look sarcastic because of the "lol its like garahassp and bubsy 3d" crowd but im being dead ass. Marlow is a great B movie in the form of a pretty decent action game

Top Bottom