• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marty O'Donnell founds Highwire Games

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Interesting. A musician founding a game company is indeed a strange twist. Well at least whatever the games are, they will have good scores.

Quazar

Interesting. A musician founding a game company is indeed a strange twist. Well at least whatever the games are, they will have good scores.

Yea. I'm sure he's in a good position of snagging talent from 343 and Bungie. Really curious to know who he's working with.

LordOfChaos

Iiinteresting. I wonder if it will be a game with music as a key pillar rather than background noise, a bit like Sword and Sworcery, but grander.

Alienous

Oof, good luck. A game studio is more than a composer, and managing one is more than being an audio director.

Hopefully it works out.

Quazar

Specialties
Games, Virtual Reality, Consoles, Game Design

Website
http://www.highwiregames.com
Industry
Entertainment
Type
Privately Held
Headquarters
1st Ave Seattle, WA United States
Company Size
1-10 employees
Founded

could be VR or not. Looks like they're messing around with ideas at this point.

Wiktor

MYTH spiritual successor. Regular or VR. Imagine playing the general in a tent, looming over a huge ass map where the battle rages on :)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I hate the term "dream team" but it's hard to argue they don't have a fantastic core set of people to start with.

Raide

Please no more fpses.

Probably end up being some open-world space sim! We need more of those too!

An interesting choice to have someone focused around the music/audio side at the helm. It should mean the music will be at the forefront, so maybe some music styled VR game maybe?

Of course, Marty has been in and around Halo for long enough to know what works and what does not work.

I wish him and the team he assembles all the best!

Top Bottom