• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Marty O'Donnell working on Halo 5? [Update: text already changed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Aug 31, 2011
The south
Credit to maximrace, posted in the Halo 5 thread.

I don't know if this has been posted already, but Marty working on Halo again?
From a kickstarter:

http://i.imgur.com/vWZjPFF.png

Waaaat

I would guess it's just a mistake though.

edit: Kickstarter page this was found on

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
May 21, 2006
What about that text indicates that Marty is working on Halo 5?

Edit: Oh, I misunderstood completely. Now I see. I forgot that Marty left Bungie, not 343i, so I thought the framing of the story was that he was rehired and I was suggesting maybe the audio he played was from before he left--but he was never at 343i to begin with, so the existence of any music of his for Halo 5 is the news. I get it now.

Sendou

Aug 8, 2011
Finland
Well it makes a lot of sense and that's very smart of Microsoft if true.

What about that text indicates that Marty is working on Halo 5?

" - - as a pretty cool bonus we got to hear some samples of the music he (Marty O'Donnel) composed for Halo 5!"

Kelsey

Banned
May 2, 2014
Probably just ruined an E3 surprise. Could see Phil bringing Marty out on stage while one of his new compositions was playing.

Bsigg12

Apr 9, 2012
Halo 5 could be an absolute tour de force if they nail the gameplay. If this turns out to be true and he wasn't just giving them some direction, it could be a great return to form.

Xater

Jul 28, 2007
Well let's say it like this, it would have been pretty dumb to not snap him up.

Quentyn

Sep 2, 2011

Ricky Ricardo

Apr 20, 2014
ATL, GA (USA)

Nugg

Jun 9, 2010
France
In house composers are getting more and more rare. He could be working on Halo 5 without being tied to 343i.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Mar 2, 2011
Florida
He did this exact presentation a couple months back at Bungie. I attended it. Same slides, same topic. The samples were from Destiny. Close the thread.

Jun 7, 2004
NM USA
If that wasn't a real mistake, looks like it was something to surprise Halo fans at E3 with. Even though I really dug Davidge's stuff, I hope O'Donnell he does do some cool new stuff as the new flavor of halo could use strong themes that build on the classic ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.