• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Avengers confirmed as free upgrade to PS5 and Xbox Series X (Disc OR digital) - PS5 ver has dynamic 4K at 60fps

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
All of a sudden it seems everyone is interested in this game again lol. Still looks bad to me. Won't get more than maybe a rental from me at most.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to show but I am not optimistic about it. They have delayed it which means they at least know they needed to better so we will see.

NeoGiffer

jjNeL4yZ1XD5c2qxRiFR4gyxIDscS9U_ON21u032Pvk.png

SleepDoctor

Banned
I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to show but I am not optimistic about it. They have delayed it which means they at least know they needed to better so we will see.

It just looks so linear and uninspired imo. I may give it a rent if does has coop tho. I mean almost anything is fun on coop. RE Raccoon City was a good example of that for me. And that game buggy and bad lol.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It just looks so linear and uninspired imo. I may give it a rent if does has coop tho. I mean almost anything is fun on coop. RE Raccoon City was a good example of that for me. And that game buggy and bad lol.

I'm more of a DC guy but I likely will never get anything like this from the DC universe sonill have to settle for avengers. But I don't need it to be destiny.

SleepDoctor

Banned
I'm more of a DC guy but I likely will never get anything like this from the DC universe sonill have to settle for avengers. But I don't need it to be destiny.

Exactly. Destiny is just bad, idk why everyone wants to copy that shit somehow.

I'd of been more interested if this was even a linear "beat em up" game over this.

Tripolygon

Banned
Always get confused when people complain about native 4K but hype features like VRS
Say it again. It makes you realize how uninformed some people are. VRS is like dynamic resolution scaling but developers get to choose specifically which part of the image gets shaded at lower resolution. While dynamic resolution scaling applies to the final output frame.

Bryank75

Banned
It pales compared to Sony's Spiderm games. It just seems a little generic and dated gameplay wise. The kind of game you would see early on last gen (not graphics obviously).
Yeah, I just wonder what some other studios could do with the IP's..
I think you're right about the gameplay, it looks very on-rails.

JeloSWE

60 fps with dynamic 4K resolution is going to be REALLY nice. Most PS4 Pro games that target 4K CBR aren't really getting that crisp true 4K and I'm happy with those looks anyway. Hope this trend will get a hold. I hope for performance mode in all PS5 game.

ethomaz

Banned
I do not like games having two modes.

Exactly. Destiny is just bad, idk why everyone wants to copy that shit somehow.

I'd of been more interested if this was even a linear "beat em up" game over this.
Because it is perfection in gameplay plus very successful (something that the copies can’t say the same).

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I thought SmartDelivery was exclusive to Xbox.
It's not the service or action that matters, it's the name. The name is where the true power lies. I mean free upgrades, cross buy, smart delivery. They all do the same thing, but the names are different. The latter you would think it's the holy grail huh!, Nope, just the same thing that has been happening for years now on many platforms....

It's very troubling that we've still seen so little gameplay of this game. And what has been shown is nothing more than bite sized demo's of each character in some of the most uninspiring gameplay filled with extremely linear levels that put the original Uncharted to shame.

Does anybody expect this game to be good? Is Crystal Dynamics the next AAA studio to go under when this game bombs?

Last edited:
RTX 2080s can barely hold 4K at 60fps. Why you expected a 9tflops GPU to target that is beyond me. People really are in for a rude awakening if they expect 4K at 60fps on the PS5. The Series X will struggle to hit that as well and it’s got serious horsepower.

You might want to clarify yourself a bit there.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome.....another game that I will wait for on Xbox Series X before playing.

Armorian

Banned
Why? How so? And do you mean on every next gen console or only on the PS5?

Both, it's only logical for console developers to make their engines support dynamic framebuffers. This is part of the reason why I think multiplatform games will LOOK the same most of the time, Xbox will just keep higher values on DF (or not drop in places PS5 will), with pixel counts around 4K there will barely be any difference with image blurring TAA (used most of the time now in games).

Kagey K

Banned
Because people are grqphic whores. They'll buy any shit game as long as it is pretty 🙄
I still think it looks shit, but I’m willing to watch this stream on Thursday and let them change my mind.

If they fail then, there is no hope for redemption as the game is too close to make significant changes.

Psykodad

Banned
And 60fps. As powerful as the consoles are, 4k is a huge resource hog. There would be a lot of 1080p/30 current gen games that both consoles would struggle to run at 4k/60.
I'd prefer if Sony would go for 4K CB all the time and use the extra resources on other stuff, like fps or more effects.

There's barely any noticeable difference between native 4K and checkerboarding, if at all.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I'd prefer if Sony would go for 4K CB all the time and use the extra resources on other stuff, like fps or more effects.

There's barely any noticeable difference between native 4K and checkerboarding, if at all.
I feel, the other way I’d rather them hit the bells and whistles at 45-55 fps and let VRR take care of the rest. Why implement HDMI 2.1 features if you aren’t going to use them?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I feel, the other way I’d rather them hit the bells and whistles at 45-55 fps and let VRR take care of the rest. Why implement HDMI 2.1 features if you aren’t going to use them?
Probably because hardly anyone has a TV with HDMI 2.1. I don't think all new tvs even have it as a standard input yet.

Kagey K

Banned
Probably because hardly anyone has a TV with HDMI 2.1. I don't think all new tvs even have it as a standard input yet.
Yeah there are only a few. Some LG Oled, Samsung Qled and only the top line Sony’s.

The thing is in a few years(2 or 3, so early into this gen) when everyone has it, your games are going to seem old and outdated, instead of just embracing it now.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah there are only a few. Some LG Oled, Samsung Qled and only the top line Sony’s.

The thing is in a few years(2 or 3, so early into this gen) when everyone has it, your games are going to seem old and outdated, instead of just embracing it now.
Perfect timing. I upgrade my tv about every 6 years. And I got mine in 2017. 2023 is perfect.

Kagey K

Banned
Perfect timing. I upgrade my tv about every 6 years. And I got mine in 2017. 2023 is perfect.
So you should hope all games are using some sort of VRR in order to take advantage of your future TVs features.

This 30, 60, 120 means little to me today, as my tv can offset the screen tears and stutters now.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Every time I read "Native 4k" I get super hard. I go super limp when I read dynamic...

Imagine if it was Native 4K :messenger_face_screaming: those extra pixels.
Reminds me of last gen, “we have 2 phrases that are often going to get said together 1080p and 60 FPS........”

We all know how that turned out.

Last edited:

enver

Banned
Great to see that there will be a free Upgrade, also that there is a performance mode. Hopefully it stays at 60 fps with full 4K most of the time. This would be great and it will much likely be the case!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Article doesn’t even mention Xbox and half a dozen clowns start screeching about Smart Delivery.

Rent free. If it’s just marketing then why does it bother you so much lol.
Why would people even expect Sony to mention the XB1 to Series X upgrade? People just take these console wars too seriously.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Would you rather have framedrops, or every game actually be designed to run at 4K 75 FPS so that the 1% frametimes stay above 60?

Variable res >>>>> dropped frames. Hopefully it isn’t too aggressive and we get a 4K image most of the time
And 60fps. As powerful as the consoles are, 4k is a huge resource hog. There would be a lot of 1080p/30 current gen games that both consoles would struggle to run at 4k/60.
But we already have amazing looking games running at native 4K and fixed 60fps, so I think it's just weird that the new PS5, which is much more powerful, isn't able to pull this off. Even more so for a game that doesn't look that demanding compared to what we've seen at the PS5 event 2 weeks ago.

the_master

RTX 2080s can barely hold 4K at 60fps. Why you expected a 9tflops GPU to target that is beyond me. People really are in for a rude awakening if they expect 4K at 60fps on the PS5. The Series X will struggle to hit that as well and it’s got serious horsepower.
I don't expect next gen games to run at 4K 60fps.
I expect OLD GEN games to run at 4k 60 fps if there are no other major improvements.

Top Bottom