• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Avengers delayed to September 4

Mista

Banned
Marvel-Avengers_01-14-20.jpg

Square Enix has delayed the release of Marvel’s Avengers from its previously planned May 15 worldwide release date to September 4, the company announced. It will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia.

Find a message from developer Crystal Dynamics co-heads of studio Scot Amos and Ron Rosenberg below:
To our fans,

At Crystal Dynamics our ambition has always been to deliver the ultimate Avengers gaming experience. In order to achieve that goal, we have made the difficult decision to move the release date of Marvel’s Avengers to September 4, 2020.

As fans ourselves, it’s an honor and a privilege to work with these legendary characters and we know what these Super Heroes mean to us and True Believers around the world. When we set out to bring you our vision for Marvel’s Avengers, we committed to delivering an original story-driven campaign, engaging co-op, and compelling content for years to come. To that end, we will spend this additional development time focusing on fine tuning and polishing the game to the high standards our fans expect and deserve.

The worldwide teams working on Marvel’s Avengers sincerely appreciate the support you’ve shown us. We thrive on your enthusiasm and feedback and we can’t wait to show you more. We apologize for the delay. We’re confident it will be worth the wait.

Scot Amos & Ron Rosenberg
Co-Heads of Studio, Crystal Dynamics
Gematsu

Airbus Jr

Banned
Theres too many big games coming in March-April-May that might hurt this game

This is a good decision for them

Last edited:

Zephir

Hopefully they'll release a demo or something, because 8 months of waiting is KIIIINDA too much at this point

People already forgot that there was a gameplay trailer for this game. Of course most people didn't have anything nice to say about the game then. There is also nothing surprising about game delays anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprised since it's also going to be a cross-gen title so it makes sense being as close to the launch of the next gen consoles as possible so those who prefer to play the game on next gen hardware can do so with a short two month wait as opposed to a year later for the remastered port.

If anything, im hoping it gets delayed to November so it can launch on both current gen/next gen consoles at the same time. Either way, third party cross-gen games are going to be stacked for me come November.

Fbh

Maybe they want to be the one game as a service that doesn't release in a content starved state and in need of a "roadmap"

Romulus

Hopefully the whispers about Iron Man VR getting delayed aren't true too. Feb 28th can't come soon enough.

Romulus

They did update the character models mid last year and have probably updated them even more so now.

v6eguyK.jpg

I'm not sure why people want them to look like the MCU actors. The game isn't MCU or comic based. It is its own thing.

I think the recent WB Batman games are an example of game models not looking exactly like the blockbuster movies, but still looking awesome in their own way.

The Marvel ones are just subpar, even after the update. It's not so much them looking like the actors, but the models themselves. Hulk looks fine to me, but other than that. Ugh.

sol_bad

I think the recent WB Batman games are an example of game models not looking exactly like the blockbuster movies, but still looking awesome in their own way.

The Marvel ones are just subpar, even after the update. It's not so much them looking like the actors, but the models themselves. Hulk looks fine to me, but other than that. Ugh.

Yes, they certainly still have a ways to go. Hopefully they look really good by the end product. I personally like how Iron Man, Hulk, Ant-Man and Ms Marvel looks.
Its mainly Natasha, Captain America and Thor that need improvements. Captain America' outfit is god awful

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
They did update the character models mid last year and have probably updated them even more so now.

v6eguyK.jpg

I'm not sure why people want them to look like the MCU actors. The game isn't MCU or comic based. It is its own thing.
I just want Widow to not look like a man. The second image is better.

Top Bottom