• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Avengers game to be released for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia

D.Final

Banned
Square Enix has posted a photo of the advertisement for its Marvel’s Avengers game outside the Los Angeles Convention Center for E3 2019, which confirms that the game will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia.

Marvel’s Avengers is developed by Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal, and will be fully revealed during the Square Enix Live E3 2019.

Hype

D.Final

Banned
It will be primarily a co-op game. Look at it like that...

It has already been confirmed, by Crystal Dinamics and Eidos Montreal, that Marvel Avengers will be a game, mainly, in single player.
(with the possibility of using 4/6 or more characters)

Then, of course, it will also have other 100% modes.
But their goal, and focus of the game, is on the single player.
(according to their latest statements)

mortal

Gold Member
Mixed feeling about this. CD and EM working together is the only thing giving me a bit of hope
Tbh I have minimal interest in this as I'm not all that invested in Marvel super hero media, and I'm curious to hear what some people are anticipating. What are you hoping to see in relation to the game design or mechanics?

I enjoyed many aspects of Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex titles, so I'd agree with you there.

Mista

Banned
Tbh I have minimal interest in this as I'm not all that invested in Marvel super hero media, and I'm curious to hear what some people are anticipating. What are you hoping to see in relation to the game design or mechanics?

I enjoyed many aspects of Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex titles, so I'd agree with you there.
Game design wise I want them to nail the colourful universe and characters designs of course. Mechanics wise I’d like to see balance. A heavy character have heavy controls, medium characters have medium control and so on.

I have to second what you said, I enjoyed lots of aspects in Deus Ex and Tomb Raider on the other side. Both teams contains veterans so I’m hoping they’ll know what to do with this one

Zannegan

That tagline kind of makes me think you don't play as one of the Avengers, per se, but instead have a Forrest Gump-like parallel adventure with your own created character. Wouldn't be terrible, IMO. Or maybe you choose one of the Avengers and embrace their powers?

Or not. But character switching in a universe where you have such a broad range of powers just seems like a weird concept for a game that's not a brawler like Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I guess we'll see.

I'll say this, though, I would be instantly hyped if Dr. Strange was a playable character.

I was hoping this was coming out for Switch, too
You've got to consider who the developer is and what their strengths are. At best, there was only ever a very slim chance of the CD Avengers game coming to Switch. In the meantime, the Switch is lucky enough to be getting what looks like a pretty great Avengers brawler if you're into that sort of thing. Too bad they couldn't swing a Jedi Power Battles revival or something as a parallel release for Fallen Order.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I like the studios behind it but not interested in it outside of that. I wouldn’t pick it up regardless..

Just hoping we a new soul reaver and deus ex after this

Elcid

Banned
I just hope it's better than that shit movie Endgame. The more I think about that movie the more I hate it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

Naru

The leaked gameplay footage looked really fantastic. Especially the Captain America part. I just re-watched the video and I can't wait for this to come out.

Edit: here is the video for people who haven't seen it

Last edited:
Top Bottom