• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Announces Promotion With Arms Manufacturer Northrop Grumman At NYCC

BC link.

Marvel has found a new partner in the world’s fifth-largest defense contractor, Northrop Grumman.

What the fresh hell is this, you ask? Marvel announced on Twitter that they’re teaming up with Northrop Grumman, an arms manufacturer with over 20 billion dollars in revenue a year.

We understand this isn’t a new comic book, but rather some kind of event at the booth.

Responses were mixed, with some questioning the morality of the decision.

Northrop Grumman are thrilled by the prospect, having redecorated their Twitter page to celebrate the companies joining forces.

While it might seem like an odd pairing, an ostensibly left-leaning publishers of superhero funny books teaming up with a maker of weapons, it’s not all that strange if you really think about it. After all, Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter, is a longtime friend of Donald Trump and serves as an official advisor to the president of the United States. And who has waged more war than the good ol’ U.S. of A?

We’ve reached out to Marvel for comment, and we’ll be sure to send someone by Marvel’s booth at 3 p.m. Saturday to find out what this is all about.

Guess it’s Punisher related?

can anyone remind me what the moral of the very first movie in the marvel cinematic universe was as far as arms sales is concerned

i forget

Busty

Banned
Perlmutter has straight up lost his mind.

I feel sorry for Jon Bernthal, he's going to be the face they put to all this madness.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh no, baby what! Is you doing??

jett

D-Member
OoYWL.gif

They mostly make planes and military bombers. I'd be fucking stoked if they made a plane similar to the Agents of Shields plane or something, even if it was just a fake mock up for show.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Does Disney the parent company want to be associated with this?

I know Money before everything, but I think Disney must be going, Da Fuck is Marvel doing?

Does Disney the parent company want to be associated with this?

I know Money before everything, but I think Disney must be going, Da Fuck is Marvel doing?

I'm over here wondering if Disney even knew, if they did, they sure as hell would of put their foot down on this deal going through.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is probably going to be an initiative about getting people into S.T.E.M.

Quote me when this is true.

CloudWolf

Isn't the entire point of the first Iron Man film that selling weapons is not okay? Good job, Marvel.

Also, gotta love how in the wake of the Las Vegas shooting they (rightly) remove The Punisher promo from the Comic Con, yet they did think it was okay to still do this announcement.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
who do i tweet my disguist to

thank god i dropped marvel after secret wars

dc rebirth all day

Isn't the entire point of the first Iron Man film that selling weapons is not okay? Good job, Marvel.

Also, gotta love how in the wake of the Las Vegas shooting they (rightly) remove The Punisher promo from the Comic Con, yet they did think it was okay to still do this announcement.

I mean, the point of the vast majority of the rest of the MCU movies is that violence solves everything so it's not that out of character lmao.

They mostly make planes and military bombers. I'd be fucking stoked if they made a plane similar to the Agents of Shields plane or something, even if it was just a fake mock up for show.

~~~the discourse~~~

Top Bottom