• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Announces Promotion With Arms Manufacturer Northrop Grumman At NYCC

Gemüsepizza;251167145 said:
More details:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10/06/avengers-northrop-grumman-comic/

avengersngens43sjs.jpg

What is this shit? Smh.

802590.gif

mreddie

Propaganda is back in full force I see and that's not even getting into the 4 military shows on TV this month alone.

Jesus Fucking Christ these new posters... I have no words.
Are we back in the 1940s or something? Uncle Sam wasn't available?

Edit:
someone needs to parody these shitty ass posters asap and tweet them at Marvel

On top of being pretty self evident (partnering with war profiteers = bad!), it's been explained pretty thoroughly by several people throughout this thread. If you still don't get why this is bizarrely evil, you're either not arguing in good faith or are being willfully obtuse.

All I can say is that I'm shrugging right now as I just don't see it as evil for what amounts to as an advertisement that will likely get canned after a year or so.

Yeah, fuck everything about this holy shit.

Straight up trying to indoctrinate kids by using their love of superheroes as an entry point.

Do better Marvel. FFS.

mreddie

Yeah, fuck everything about this holy shit.

Straight up trying to indoctrinate kids by using their love of superheroes as an entry point.

Do better Marvel. FFS.

Simpsons saw this coming and I feel this happened around Dubya honestly

hqdefault.jpg

Officially boycotting all Marvel properties until this stupid partnership is over. That includes games and movies

It's likely one comic and i wouldn't go this far but yeah, this is fucked up.

Is this supposed to be from the same comic? A war for war's sake? What a ridiculous, disgusting concept.

I don't know if you're being serious or not, but that's from an issue of Punisher: War Journal, which is for my money, one of the best anti-war pieces of art ever made.

I don't know the full details, but in a bizarre coincidence I think a bunch of Punisher panels related to the new Netflix show got postponed because Marvel thought it would be tasteless in the wake of what just happened in Vegas.

Jackpot

Banned
Nice article there, pegging NG solely as an arms manufacturer and not a company that works on thousands of different types of contracts for local and federal government. Nope, no bias detected here at all

"Quick, no time to read the thread!"

How do people become so warped as to be blinded to an arms company?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
This is some surreal shit after watching the iron man movies. They even have the mcu designs and everything. Just wow.

hydruxo

Even disconnected from the absolutely atrocious timing of this, it would still be a head scratcher at any other time. I mean honestly...what in the world lmao

I don't know if you're being serious or not, but that's from an issue of Punisher: War Journal, which is for my money, one of the best anti-war pieces of art ever made.

I don't know the full details, but in a bizarre coincidence I think a bunch of Punisher panels related to the new Netflix show got postponed because Marvel thought it would be tasteless in the wake of what just happened in Vegas.

My bad, I'm dumb. I saw the page and was imagining that this was the start of said comic. That a literal "beast" that required wars to be fought "for wars sake" was going to have the Avengers call on their "military friends" in order to defeat it. I assume the original comic is talking metaphorically then?

Nesotenso

Rich Johnston is a master of the clickbait.

While there is a discussion to be had here regarding the ethics in partnering comic characters with companies that make military aircraft, I have no doubt that the reactions in this thread would be much different if Marvel was announcing a partnership with Boeing or Airbus. Both make military aircraft as well, but people primarily know then from their passenger jets.

yup, it wouldn't be the same. And Boeing is a bigger defense contractor than Northrup Grumann

I wouldn't read a comic promoting say someone like Kraft or Nabisco or any other corporation, so I am not even remotely interested in this.

Having said that people who think that defense contractors shouldn't exist and evil entities are just deluded.

Is this supposed to be from the same comic? A war for war's sake? What a ridiculous, disgusting concept.
No its from the final arc of Garth Ennis' run of Punisher MAX which is pretty much the best Punisher run. Its actually an attack of the military industrial complex and Frank takes on a bunch of corrupt generals that are profiting off it.

IrishNinja

can't help but feel that shitheel perlmutter had his paws all over this

also fuck this thread for making me click a bleedingcool link

My bad, I'm dumb. I saw the page and was imagining that this was the start of said comic. That a literal "beast" that required wars to be fought "for wars sake" was going to have the Avengers call on their "military friends" in order to defeat it. I assume the original comic is talking metaphorically then?

If you mean the Punisher page, then yes it's metaphorical. There's a beast (in this case the Military Industrial Complex) and it can only be fed (make shitloads of money) by the wholesale slaughter of people in pointless wars. How do you make sure the wars keep happening?

DLepSnIX0AATsQQ.jpg

Ominym

Banned
Kinda surprised Bob Iger would let this go through. I get it, money and all, but being someone that’s floated the idea of running for President on the Democratic ticket you’d think he would be more aware of the optics for himself, let alone the company.

Top Bottom