• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Avengers Gameplay for those who give a fuck starts right now on Twitch!

Nickolaidas

Banned
Square Enix's channel - 10 a.m. PT

I'm watching!

marvels-avengers-ps5-screenshots-1.original.jpg

marvels-avengers-ps5-screenshots-3.original.jpg

marvels-avengers-ps5-screenshots-2.original.jpg

marvels-avengers-ps5-screenshots-4.original.jpg

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Presentation so far looks pretty good, but Thor's combat at least so far.....is kinda mediocre.

Thor charging the Heli-carrier:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
They killed Deus Ex for this. No way I'm having anything to do with this.

This can't be liked enough. I'm supposed to be finishing Jensen's story by now, not playing some manchildren lowest common denominator capeshit cuck indoctrinated bollocks that will have its profits sent to Disney so they can continue to secure shady homeland security deals to spy people masturbating.

That's what you're supporting when you buy this game, make no mistake.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Is this the game with in-game currency you're supposed to shell out real cash for?

Arthimura

I don't know, i'm thinking about getting it but i always regret getting GaaS.

I don't like how these games uses FOMO to make you keep playing, and the amount of time you have to invest to be able to do current content.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked if every one of the pessimists is still going to play this. Maybe they'll wait for a sale, but they'll still play it.

Sethbacca

Looks a bit better than the initial release trailer with the bridge gameplay but I think still not a day 1 for me. Good thing is by the time next gen systems drop this should be hitting $30 for black friday specials. Might be worth a pickup at that point.

GreatnessRD

I thought I was gonna buy this day one to broaden my horizons with today's nonsense, but I think I'll wait till its $20. lol

dottme

I thought I was gonna buy this day one to broaden my horizons with today's nonsense, but I think I'll wait till its $20. lol
Even if you are slightly convince, this really looks like Anthem. It’s probably better to wait and see if they support it well or not. I expect it to be quite bare one at release And if they drop the support fast, you’ll probably feel bad.

stranno

It looks outdated, both graphics and gameplay, and the performance is a carousel. But thats exactly what I expected from the last showcase..

GymWolf

let me put it this way, even if the game can look...ok sometimes, these are the fucking avengers, this game deserve a top tier studio with more budget than batman and spiderman games combined and instead we have this...thing.

it looks like an AA game at best.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Yeah, this really doesn't look too great to be quite honest. A lot of the gameplay even looked and felt a bit generic to me, the only excitement comes from the IP. The customization looks really cool, but I'm wondering if things are going to be behind paywalls. It almost looked that way. Love that MODOK is the villain, but yeah, I really don't know. I'll probably just wait and see how everything pans out. Looks cool, but nothing jaw dropping IMO.

The first half of the thor fight had me interested, then everything went downhill when they finally admitted they're making a GaAS game with Avengers game.

Yeah, i'm out.

mejin

Kinda painful to watch this after TLoU 2. Animations and facial expressions are so stiff.

But seems fun enough to get it later at discount to play it on PS5.

Hostile_18

Banned
I dont think I've ever bought a game as a service game before. Hopefully I'll be less burnt out by its antics. I LOVE the MCU and player vs environment so I have high hopes for this.

It's made by the Tomb Raider reboot team isn't it? That's quite a good pedigree for me.

I admit to being negatively biased towards both anything Marvel & Disney, but what was shown doesn't make me want to even consider engaging with this game, let alone with it being an ongoing, experiential title. That said, I imagine the base mechanics will generally be fine, regardless of how it all functions as a service.

Last edited:
Top Bottom