• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New pics from Cap 2:

4f8ec6aad101057a.jpg

bl3djiwcqaa5pjj.jpg

2fa7d764cc8711e2a46f220.jpg

f2c9cce98bf53242.jpg

bl2czdicaaiqgj7.jpg

DAT WINTER SOLDIER

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
A preview of the Thor: The Dark World Prelude comic book:

Thor%20The%20Dark%20World%20Prelude%20Preview%20Comic%20Book%20cover.jpg

Thor%20The%20Dark%20World%20Prelude%20Preview%20Comic%20Book.jpg

The Badoon worlds... Guardians of the Galaxy crossover... hnnngh...

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
With Viper/Madame Hydra's inclusion in The Wolverine, I'm guessing she won't be appearing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe anytime soon.

eastx

With Viper/Madame Hydra's inclusion in The Wolverine, I'm guessing she won't be appearing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe anytime soon.

Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past certainly won't stop him from appearing in Avengers 2, so I don't see why other characters appearing in both films would be a problem as long as they're not contractually prohibited.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past certainly won't stop him from appearing in Avengers 2, so I don't see why other characters appearing in both films would be a problem as long as they're not contractually prohibited.

I don't think Madame Hydra is essential to any hero, so I wouldn't personally pursue her inclusion in any film in the MCU unless they went by her former name rather than Viper.

maybe old? some Joss Whedon quotes about Avengers 2 and female superheroes:

on Robert Downey as Iron Man:
"He is Iron Man. ...He is Iron Man in the way that Sean Connery was James Bond. I have no intention of making 'Avengers 2' without him, nor do I think I'll be called upon to do that. I don't think it's in my interest, Marvel's interest, or his interest, and I think everything will be fine."

on female superheroes
"Toymakers will tell you they won't sell enough, and movie people will point to the two terrible superheroine movies that were made and say, You see? It can't be done. It's stupid, and I'm hoping ‘The Hunger Games' will lead to a paradigm shift. ...It's frustrating to me that I don't see anybody developing one of these movies. It actually pisses me off. My daughter watched 'The Avengers' and was like, 'My favorite characters were the Black Widow and Maria Hill,' and I thought, Yeah, of course they were."

WOW @ the Winter Soldier set pics. They nailed it!

And dat Rocket Raccoon goodness.

The Marvel cinematic universe just keeps getting better.

Kick-Ass to Play Quicksilver in Avengers 2?

aaron-johnson-quicksilver.jpg

SHH! said:
Kick-Ass and Savages star Aaron Taylor-Johnson looks like he might be getting ready to assemble for a certain 2015 superhero ensemble sequel. The Wrap reports that he's the current frontrunner to play Pietro "Quicksilver" Maximoff in the Joss Whedon's Marvel's The Avengers 2.

The news comes on the heels of word that Bryan Singer's X-Men: First Class will also offer a take on the character. In that film, Quicksilver will be played by Evan Peters. Whedon has confirmed that he also plans on featuring Quicksilver's sister, Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch and there's no word yet on whether or not she might also appear in the Singer film.

"We both have them," Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige told SuperHeroHype of the shared studio rights to the character last summer. "There's a specific arrangement with those two characters that would allow us to use them with 'Avengers,' but not discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage. They can use them as mutants and as Magneto's relatives, but cannot have anything to do with 'The Avengers.'"

Marvel's The Avengers 2 is scheduled for release on May 1, 2015.

Source

So my sister posted on Facebook a scan from a British newspaper saying Karen Gillian is playing a bounty hunter named Angela. I'm on my phone and I'm not sure if it's be okay to post the scan here. Have no idea who that is.

Nesotenso

So my sister posted on Facebook a scan from a British newspaper saying Karen Gillian is playing a bounty hunter named Angela. I'm on my phone and I'm not sure if it's be okay to post the scan here. Have no idea who that is.

could make sense because she is joining Bendis's current run. Anyone looking for answers what GoTG will be like might want to pay attention to Bendis's work. he is on the creative committee and marvel publishing is aware of what goes on in the movie dept.

wonder if Gaiman is getting a cut. Dude gave the rights to Marvel after winning the court case against Mcfarlane

could make sense because she is joining Bendis's current run. Anyone looking for answers what GoTG will be like might want to pay attention to Bendis's work. he is on the creative committee and marvel publishing is aware of what goes on in the movie dept.

wonder if Gaiman is getting a cut. Dude gave the rights to Marvel after winning the court case against Mcfarlane
After thinking it over, I agree. This makes a lot of sense. It's also not the kind of obvious rumor that people can pull out of their ass with ease.

J10

Banned
Marvel really nails the costumes in these movies. Even with the little changes here and there they always look like they jumped right out of the books. I can't wait to see what the arm looks like with the effects drawn in.

Top Bottom