• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Given that Gunn said Guardians 3 will be kicking off the next 10 years of Marvel movies, I assume the MCU looking very different post-2019 means more cosmic and weirder movies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
‘Avengers: Infinity War’ and ‘Avengers 4’ Are Being Shot Separately, Says Kevin Feige

“We’re doing them one right after another… It became too complicated to cross-board them like that, and we found ourselves—again, something would always pay the price. We wanted to be able to focus and shoot one movie and then focus and shoot another movie.”

So the two Avengers films are no longer being shot back to back and that filming for Avengers 4 will begin in August according to Feige.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I still have absolutely no idea what Avengers 4 is even going to be, narratively.
Infinity Gauntlet
It makes no sense to give Thanos the complete Gauntlet beford the final movie, because his Endgame is to kill the universe to court Death.
Cant do that with three movies inbetween.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Infinity Gauntlet
It makes no sense to give Thanos the complete Gauntlet beford the final movie, because his Endgame is to kill the universe to court Death.
Cant do that with three movies inbetween.

Infinity War wouldn't be much of, you know, an Infinity War without the Infinity Gauntlet.

How would Infinity War even end in that scenario? Thanos gets the Infinity Gauntlet before deciding he should wait another couple of years before using it? And besides, Infinity War and Avengers 4 are supposed to be telling completely different stories. Those two stories would be way too connected.

Infinity War wouldn't be much of, you know, an Infinity War without the Infinity Gauntlet.

How would Infinity War even end in that scenario? Thanos gets the Infinity Gauntlet before deciding he should wait another couple of years before using it? And besides, Infinity War and Avengers 4 are supposed to be telling completely different stories. Those two stories would be way too connected.

Thanos gets the Infinity Gauntlet and defeats our heroes but before he can finalize his victory, it stops working and he spends the time during the next 3 MCU films on hold with Tech Support.

Quick

Banned
I'm gonna put out the OT soon, contain all the spoiler talk in there for anyone who wants to participate (myself included).

curb

Banned
I usually duck out of this thread once the pre-movie spoilers start. I'm excited for GotG2 but I don't know if care enough about spoilers these days to even to avoid them. I'm sure I'll feel differently about Infinity War and even Thor 3: The Dark World 2 though.

Quick

Banned
I usually duck out of this thread once the pre-movie spoilers start. I'm excited for GotG2 but I don't know if care enough about spoilers these days to even to avoid them. I'm sure I'll feel differently about Infinity War and even Thor 3: The Dark World 2 though.

I've just been rolling along the last little while catching spoilers lol.

I don't mind reading them since I'd still want to see it all executed on screen anyway.

curb

Banned
I've just been rolling along the last little while catching spoilers lol.

I don't mind reading them since I'd still want to see it all executed on screen anyway.

I think my lack of care is just reflective of my overall investment level. I read the spoiler news about the Guardians characters and didn't care. I'm sure the movie will be good and I'm looking forward to it but stuff like that won't make a difference to me. I just feel far less invested in this movie overall for whatever reason despite having tickets for opening weekend.

Contrast that though with Star Wars though where I won't touch the spoiler thread with a ten-foot pole. I'll be like that with Captain Marvel too.

"Infinity War" doesn't have to specifically refer to the gauntlet. It's going to be a movie that focuses on Thanos' quest to obtain the Infinity Stones. The gauntlet is just his own damn glove he attached them to.

He will definitely obtain some or most of the stones through the course of the film (I think Nova Corps/Xandar are toast in the beginning of Infinity War, mirroring the opening of Annihilation) but I have a feeling that the Avengers will hold him back from invading earth and taking the rest (basically the entire point of introducing Doctor Strange when they did). He returns a few years later in the followup film to finish the job and complete the gauntlet.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just a quick question, but do we really need a "normal" thread and a "spoiler" thread for all these movies? As soon as the movie is actually out, everyone just goes into the spoiler thread anyway so they can just talk about everything. Should we just do one main thread where people have to use spoiler tags until the actual release date?

Quick

Banned
Just a quick question, but do we really need a "normal" thread and a "spoiler" thread for all these movies? As soon as the movie is actually out, everyone just goes into the spoiler thread anyway so they can just talk about everything. Should we just do one main thread where people have to use spoiler tags until the actual release date?

Funny you should say that, because I'm basically just making a spoiler thread. People generally tag spoilers in reviews thread, so that's basically the spoiler-free/tag thread.

I did the same thing with Rogue One.

Edit: Showtime, a-holes.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
"Infinity War" doesn't have to specifically refer to the gauntlet. It's going to be a movie that focuses on Thanos' quest to obtain the Infinity Stones. The gauntlet is just his own damn glove he attached them to.

He will definitely obtain some or most of the stones through the course of the film (I think Nova Corps/Xandar are toast in the beginning of Infinity War, mirroring the opening of Annihilation) but I have a feeling that the Avengers will hold him back from invading earth and taking the rest (basically the entire point of introducing Doctor Strange when they did). He returns a few years later in the followup film to finish the job and complete the gauntlet.
This gives them time to proper introduce them Thanos over two movies.
I think they had understood that they need time to introduce the Villains over the course of multiple movies like they did with Loki.
Its all so connected, that there is barely time for the Villains. Pretty sure they got this at this point.
They wasted Madds in Doctor Strange but we have already a setup and a motivation for Mordo becoming the next Strange foe. Same with Dormammu. No way he is never gonna show up again. I bet money that he will return as a threat for the Avengers at some point.
Also I expect Norman Osborn foreshadowing in Spider-Man and similar with Thanos. Have him pull the strings in the Background, have him meet with Death and let the Black Order deal with the Avengers and be the main foes for now.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Funny you should say that, because I'm basically just making a spoiler thread. People generally tag spoilers in reviews thread, so that's basically the spoiler-free/tag thread.

I did the same thing with Rogue One.

Edit: Showtime, a-holes.
Oh yeah and there's also the review thread.... jeez. I guess a review thread a spoiler thread are fine. Thanks Quick.

Quick

Banned
Oh yeah and there's also the review thread.... jeez. I guess a review thread a spoiler thread are fine. Thanks Quick.

A few people were giving me shit about it for my Rogue One thread, but honestly, one thread is enough. As you said, people just go to the spoiler thread anyway.

Reviews/impressions thread(s) aren't really connected to movie OTs, but it ends up being spoiler-free or tagged discussion threads anyway. It makes OTs redundant since you get similar discussion happening in those threads.

Neoxon

Oddly enough, I already had a good majority of Awesome Mix Vol. 2. Anything I was missing was either in my dad's CD collection (also in his cassette collection, but getting those on my laptop would be kinda hard....& pricey) or, in the case of Guardians Inferno, on iTunes.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
A few people were giving me shit about it for my Rogue One thread, but honestly, one thread is enough. As you said, people just go to the spoiler thread anyway.

Reviews/impressions thread(s) aren't really connected to movie OTs, but it ends up being spoiler-free or tagged discussion threads anyway. It makes OTs redundant since you get similar discussion happening in those threads.
Didnt wanted to give you shit yesterday, it was not you fault that people are idiots

Quick

Banned
Oddly enough, I already had a good majority of Awesome Mix Vol. 2. Anything I was missing was either in my dad's CD collection (also in his cassette collection, but getting those on my laptop would be kinda hard....& pricey) or, in the case of Guardians Inferno, on iTunes.

If there's one "spoiler avoidance" thing I'm doing, it's probably holding off on listening to Vol. 2 until I see the movie, though I know a chunk of the music anyway lol.

Didnt wanted to give you shit yesterday, it was not you fault that people are idiots

Wasn't referring to you, man. No worries at all.

An interesting proposed strategy for Avengers 3&4 is highlighting the old group in 3 and new group in 4. New group more or less being Black Panther, Ant-Man & Wasp, GotG, Doctor Strange, and Captain Marvel (and Spider-Man?). We'll see.

AMUSIX

An interesting proposed strategy for Avengers 3&4 is highlighting the old group in 3 and new group in 4. New group more or less being Black Panther, Ant-Man & Wasp, GotG, Doctor Strange, and Captain Marvel (and Spider-Man?). We'll see.

I'm thinking the GotG will never be really part of the Avengers (at least, I hope they won't). The Avengers being more or less Earthbound (Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, Strange) and the Guardians doing their Cosmic thing...with Carol being the bridge between the two playgrounds.

Pachimari

What characters do Marvel Studios have to explore the cosmic side of things going forward besides the Guardians, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Adam Warlock and Nova?

I hope Cosmo will be part of the main team in GotG3.

Pachimari

Marvel Studios won't reveal a Phase 4 slate.

Probably because of what happened to the plans of an Infinity War two-parter, the addition of Spider-Man, the scheduling of Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the Ant-Man sequel not to say the cancellation of an Inhumans movie. They probably won't go about it the same way anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin Feige unveils Miley Cyrus has a role in Guardians Vol. 2

Do not click if you don't wanna be spoiled on a mid-credits scene or eventual cameos.

GotG trilogy is one fluid story according to James Gunn

”I think really that the three movies work together as a whole, they're going to tell one story. This is the story of this iteration of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and we're going to get to know the characters even better in the same way we got to know them much better in this film than the first one."

Dave Bautista wants Moondragon for Guardians Vol. 3

"Yeah! Of course!" Bautista told ScreenRant. "I would love to tell more of the backstory of Drax. Whether or not that will happen, I don't know. I don't know if they'll ever really focus on Drax, but I hope so. I think it's a really interesting story."

Zoe Saldana was afraid what the Russo bros would do to the Guardians team in Infinity War

"I was afraid they were going to try and take the Guardians in a different direction, and make us who we weren't," Saldana told CinemaBlend. "But they totally gave us free reign. James created a lot of the dialogue and everything for the Guardians, but they really were encouraging about letting us be ourselves and be our characters and run with it, and do our thing as usual... there's a lot of improv, a lot of interaction between us as a cast, and they were all about it. So it was absolutely a great experience."

I saw some talk the other day of people not being entirely sure, but Adam Warlock appears in GotG3, not Infinity War.

David Dastmalchian is set to return as Kurt in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

SpaceWolf

Banned
THE PUNISHER Will Not Feature An Appearance From Rosario Dawson's Claire Temple

Claire Temple was introduced during the first season of Daredevil as the character that would wind up linking all of the Marvel Netflix shows (and heroes) together, and that worked out just fine... for a while. Claire was quite popular with fans at first, but by the time she popped up training at Colleen Wing's dojo in Iron Fist, it was definitely starting to feel like she was being shoe-horned in with little to no explanation.

Temple will return for The Defenders, but Rosario Dawson confirmed that she'll be sitting out The Punisher during an interview with Collider:

"People are busy! There are so many times where I really want it to happen. I really wanted to do a cameo on The Punisher, but it doesn't always work that way."

I love Claire, but...yeah....thank god.

AMUSIX

"I was afraid they were going to try and take the Guardians in a different direction, and make us who we weren't," Saldana told CinemaBlend. "But they totally gave us free reign. James created a lot of the dialogue and everything for the Guardians, but they really were encouraging about letting us be ourselves and be our characters and run with it, and do our thing as usual... there's a lot of improv, a lot of interaction between us as a cast, and they were all about it. So it was absolutely a great experience."
This is such an awesome quote. Says a ton on how cohesive the Guardians feel as a group, and a ton more on how Marvel is really not meddling with their directors' visions.

Pachimari

I decided to give Guardians of the Galaxy a rewatch as I've been in such of mood for them, and it's every bit a masterpiece, if not a modern classic to me as ever. I actually enjoyed it much more this time around without all the girlfriend drama I had to manage in the theater.

Just such an amazing movie, and I hope we get to see more of Peter's home planet next week. I would love to see what he grew up with around Terra, and to even see more new planets, races and technology out there.

I have to say Ronan the Accuser had the coolest spaceship out there, but it was equally a feat how the Nova Corps and Ravagers could keep the Dark Aster at bay. And all of these places we were introduced to, Morag, Xander, Knowhere, Kyln and Cloud Tombs of Praxius. I would actually love to see more from Meredith Quill in the sequel too.

Here's for the Milano next week!

JNlkCw4.jpg

Pachimari

Oh yeah, and there's a Ferris Bueller easter egg in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

New character breakdowns for Season 2 of Luke Cage has also been unveiled:

[BYRON] 30 – 45, 6'0 or taller, Jamaican, but open to Black Caribbean or African Descent. The smartest man any room, the most effortlessly powerful man in any situation. A natural leader, brimming with resentment, but focused on justice. Physically fit and wildly intelligent. Speaks with a native accent from Jamaica / Caribbean / Africa, etc. SERIES REGULAR

[TAMARA] mid-20's – early 30's, African American, female, earthy. A brilliant, confident business owner who prides herself on her independence.. As much as she tries to stay far from trouble, it seems to always find her. ACTORS MUST BE STRONG SINGERS. SERIES REGULAR

ComicBook speculates it could be John McIver, AKA Bushmaster, and the other one could be James Lucas Jr depicted as his sister instead of brother like in the comics.

There's also a new Spider-Man: Homecoming picture out there that I can't seem to find again, but I'm looking.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I decided to give Guardians of the Galaxy a rewatch as I've been in such of mood for them, and it's every bit a masterpiece, if not a modern classic to me as ever. I actually enjoyed it much more this time around without all the girlfriend drama I had to manage in the theater.

Just such an amazing movie, and I hope we get to see more of Peter's home planet next week. I would love to see what he grew up with around Terra, and to even see more new planets, races and technology out there.

I have to say Ronan the Accuser had the coolest spaceship out there, but it was equally a feat how the Nova Corps and Ravagers could keep the Dark Aster at bay. And all of these places we were introduced to, Morag, Xander, Knowhere, Kyln and Cloud Tombs of Praxius. I would actually love to see more from Meredith Quill in the sequel too.

Here's for the Milano next week!

JNlkCw4.jpg

The movie is so beautiful. TV movie ideed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom