• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, the "movement" is they have hired a new writer to redo the script. There is definitely still a lot of time for them to get the film into production but that move really just indicates they are pretty far from it. If they are redoing the script now it means they aren't even close to casting or realistically setting a production date.
We'll see. I don't think they would have hired him as writer AND producer if they weren't trying to get this in motion soon. You're right though, it's no guarantee, more of a reminder that they are serious about trying to keep it. I would imagine after Avengers they'll be more pro-active about holding on to it.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Edgar Wright just tweeted an Ant-Man costume pic.

https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/385458310184316928/photo/1

99297482874989.png

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Didnt saw the actual Agents of Shield episode, but they etablished Syke as Spider-Woman?!? Never expected this, this is great :D

J10

Banned
I don't like the possibility of having a bunch of Extremis powered people running around the MCU because they would all have the same abilities. If they're going to keep using it there needs to be a story point somewhere down the line that makes it result in different mutations (or whatever they're going to call it) for different people.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Thor: The Dark World posters for Volstagg and Fandral:

5539.jpg

p8u0.jpg

I didn't know Gimli was in this film.

He is a weird casting, but I'm fine with it. Last guy wasn't all that memorable. Ray Stevenson is always pretty cool.
Fun Fact: Zach Levi was originally cast as Fandral in the first Thor, but had to drop out when Chuck unexpectedly got a last season. He's actually replacing Josh Dallas from the first film because Dallas had to drop out due to his new commitments on Once Upon a Time.

EDIT: Actually that first part might not be true according to Wikipedia. I had read that somewhere before though.

TDLink

Fun Fact: Zach Levi was originally cast as Fandral in the first Thor, but had to drop out when Chuck unexpectedly got a last season. He's actually replacing Josh Dallas from the first film because Dallas had to drop out due to his new commitments on Once Upon a Time.

EDIT: Actually that first part might not be true according to Wikipedia. I had read that somewhere before though.

That part is true. He said it in an interview.

That part is true. He said it in an interview.
Ah yeah. Reading Levi's wiki confirms it. I guess they had cast Stuart Townsend after Levi but Townsend had to drop out literally days before shooting so they picked Dallas (who I think did an alright job).

Ah yeah. Reading Levi's wiki confirms it. I guess they had cast Stuart Townsend after Levi but Townsend had to drop out literally days before shooting so they picked Dallas (who I think did an alright job).

Man, Townsend can't get a break. First he was dropped from LOTR, then cant get in on Thor.

eastx

He is a weird casting, but I'm fine with it. Last guy wasn't all that memorable. Ray Stevenson is always pretty cool.

I don't think any of them were all that memorable. Not compared to their comic book counterparts, anyway. The Warriors Three totally steal the show in any Straczynski or post-Straczynski books I've seen them in. The movie versions aren't terrible but they don't do them justice IMO.

I don't think any of them were all that memorable. Not compared to their comic book counterparts, anyway. The Warriors Three totally steal the show in any Straczynski or post-Straczynski books I've seen them in. The movie versions aren't terrible but they don't do them justice IMO.
They really didn't have that much screen time though with Thor being on Earth for most of the movie. I have a feeling they'll have a lot more time to flesh them out in Dark World.

Vibranium

Banned
Anthony Mackie giving another CA: Winter Soldier Falcon interview:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=88057

He seems like such a cool dude, hopefully in a future movie he gets a slightly flashier/less military outfit (not spandex though, I hate Sam's comics outfit with a passion, it needs a complete revamp and a movie would be a good time do it). The fact he's in the movie 60% is awesome as well, unlike so many other fans I don't give a flying fuck about Sharon so I'm down with as much Falcon as I can get. Also, a short film with War Machine/Iron Patriot and Falcon would kick so much ass it wouldn't be funny.

I do think they want to hook Sharon up with Cap for a potential third movie, hopefully she's better in her small role for TWS than Brubaker or Remender ever wrote her (I hate how she's depicted as a damsel in distress so much).

Neoxon

As I said in the other thread, & as the title suggests, we may be getting a GotG trailer alongside Thor: The Dark World that lasts 2 minutes & 36 seconds. It'll apparently be focused on the team with some glimpses of Ronan, Nebula, Yondu, & Korath....& a voice over by John C. Reilly's Rhomann Dey (going over the rap sheet for each GotG member like in previously-shown footage).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=88207

Skab

As I said in the other thread, & as the title suggests, we may be getting a GotG trailer alongside Thor: The Dark World that lasts 2 minutes & 36 seconds. It'll apparently be focused on the team with some glimpses of Ronan, Nebula, Yondu, & Korath....& a voice over by John C. Reilly's Rhomann Dey (going over the rap sheet for each GotG member like in previously-shown footage).

TDW comes out on my birthday, and this would be an excellent gift.

TDLink

This would be amazing but I don't know why they would do a GotG trailer rather than a Cap trailer.

Neoxon

This would be amazing but I don't know why they would do a GotG trailer rather than a Cap trailer.
Marvel more than likely knows that GotG will be the tougher sell to the general public, so they'd probably want to start advertising fast.
There's also the fact that The Collector is apparently in the after-credits scene of Thor: The Dark World.

Also related to GotG, principle filming should be wrapping up in the next day or so.

Dave_6

That would be cool to get a trailer for GotG and Cap 2 at the same time, but I bet the Cap 2 trailer gets released before then.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea I could think of many terms to describe Ronan, "psycho" and "nuts" are definitely not among them.

Kinda reminds me of the recent F4 series where Ronan was determined like crazy to best Johnny Storm. I just hope he doesn't end up becoming something of a joke.

TDLink

I could see how Ronan's honour/code and his strict sense of sticking to it could be taken as psychotic/insane. I really hope he isn't like Joker crazy.

Was mentioned a while back, Drax is after Ronan now not Thanos.

Wouldn't suprise me if Drax isn't human anymore and is just a straight up green alien.
Does it specifically say that Drax is after Ronan because they killed his family?
There isn't.
Well, this tweet showed up in my feed:
You guys. I got to see 3 full min of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY footage @NY_Comic_Con today. IT. LOOKS. EPIC! #marvelnycc #NYCC @marvel
https://twitter.com/amazingjr87/status/389451358115741696

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom