• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

Does it specifically say that Drax is after Ronan because they killed his family?

Well, this tweet showed up in my feed:

https://twitter.com/amazingjr87/status/389451358115741696

Yeah Ronan killed his family and Drax has killed dozens of his lieutenants trying to get to him according to the leaked details. His origins been simplified and is more of a cut and dry revenge story now, makes sense with the large amount of characters they've got to introduce and the fact they've cast Batista.

Also in the GOTG comic Thanos is dead anyway so Drax joins the Guardians to try and find a new purpose and move on with his life. With MCU Thanos being alive it wouldn't make sense for Drax to be part of the Guardians with his kill Thanos order etched into his soul.

J10

Banned
Drax Killed him in Annihilation Conquest a few years back before the Guardians officially formed. He's come back recently.

And I'm thinking if Ronan kills Drax's family in the movie version, it should be under orders from Thanos.

And so if Thanos is the villain in Avengers 3 and the Guardians are involved, if it's not Cap with Thor's hammer that kills Thanos, it should be Drax that kills him - the same way he did it in Conquest -
by tearing his heart out.

Showaddy

Drax Killed him in Annihilation Conquest a few years back before the Guardians officially formed. He's come back recently.

And I'm thinking if Ronan kills Drax's family in the movie version, it should be under orders from Thanos.

And so if Thanos is the villain in Avengers 3 and the Guardians are involved, if it's not Cap with Thor's hammer that kills Thanos, it should be Drax that kills him - the same way he did it in Conquest -
by tearing his heart out.

I dunno it might sound a bit harsh but I can't imagine they'll be planning anything major for the character seeing as they've cast Batista. They needed someone who would look credible next to Chris Pratt & Lee Pace but if they had serious plans for the character they would have cast an actual actor.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I dunno it might sound a bit harsh but I can't imagine they'll be planning anything major for the character seeing as they've cast Batista. They needed someone who would look credible next to Chris Pratt & Lee Pace but if they had serious plans for the character they would have cast an actual actor.

.....what?

he's just going to be on the team he doesnt have ...major plans he has a role to play in a group book.

Skab

I don't see what casting Batista has to do with anything. They wouldn't have chose him if they didn't think he would be good enough.

Besides, he's not a bad actor.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Has this been posted?

EDIT: Whoops. Yep. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697342

---

Marvel Preps 60-Episode Package Of Four Series & A Mini For VOD & Cable Networks

EXCLUSIVE: The notorious secrecy that surrounds Marvel‘s projects has been heightened to the nth degree for this one. No one would breathe a word, with rumors that everyone from top to bottom is bound by strict nondisclosure agreements, but I hear that Marvel is quietly putting together a package of four drama series and a miniseries — a total of some 60 episodes — that would be taken out to the VOD and cable space, with Netflix, Amazon and WGN America rumored as potential candidates. Feelers had been send out, and I hear there’s already interest from digital platforms and traditional cable networks in the package, which I hear is in very early stages with very little talent attached. Reps for Marvel refused any comment. The company has been so adamant about keeping its projects under wraps that ABC topper Paul Lee joked at TCA in August that critics who wanted to attend a screening of the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot — the only one in ages to not be distributed in advance — could expect to be asked to submit “a sample of your grandmother’s urine or the Marvel guys won’t let you in.” In addition to S.H.I.E.L.D., which was just given a full-season order, as we first reported, Marvel is developing a potential TV series inspired by Agent Carter, a one shot featured on the Blu-ray release of Iron Man 3. It is unclear whether that project is being earmarked for ABC or would be part of the VOD/cable package. Committing to 60 episodes off the bat is a big undertaking for a network/digital service but would make sense for outlets new to scripted programming that are looking to quickly build up a slate and want to capitalize on the Marvel brand.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/mar...of-four-series-a-mini-for-vod-cable-networks/

TDLink

Showaddy

I don't see what casting Batista has to do with anything. They wouldn't have chose him if they didn't think he would be good enough.

Besides, he's not a bad actor.

I really do think the actor they've chosen is relevant to the way they've adapted the character though. If they had big plans in the MCU beyond Guardians for Drax involving Thanos or if they were touching the characters deeper issues like his loss of humanity or reconnecting with his daughter they'd have cast someone else.

As it is they've adapted it to be pretty cut and dry for the character; green alien guy, family murdered by Ronan, revenge arc, hack & slash action hero. Done.

TDLink

These will be low budget, aimed for Internet streaming...

That's not what it says at all. It is saying they are targeting multiple distribution methods for these shows, including VOD/streaming as well as cable. It does not mention anywhere about budget. However, Netflix (which the article does mention directly) has had a good track record with original series so far and they have had great budgets.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
As long as the talent and quality is there, I'll be there. Hopefully, they don't have a rocky start as SHIELD does.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
BBFC lists the Captain America: The Winter Soldier trailer at 2m 23s. Looks like it's gonna be attached to Thor 2.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/captain-america-winter-soldier-filmtrailer

Also here's a look at the Black Widow figurine from Cap 2:

46cl.png

This is the best the Widow has looked in the MCU. Can't wait for Cap 2.

richiek

'Thor: The Dark World' Tracking for Strong $75 Million-Plus Debut

If pre-release tracking is any indication, Thor: The Dark World could enjoy one of the best November openings of all time at the North American box office, particularly for a film opening earlier in the month.

The sequel, returning Chris Hemsworth in the title role, debuted on tracking Thursday and is pacing to open north of $75 million, according to rival studios with access to tracking. Thor 2, from Marvel Studios and Disney, doesn't open domestically for another three weeks (Nov. 8).

That would easily exceed the $65.7 million opening of the original Thor in May 2011 on its way to earning $449 million worldwide, marking another victory for Marvel. Iron Man 3, released in May, is the top film of 2013 so far, earning $1.2 billion worldwide.

486x500px-3b937d75_anuthuh.jpg

Niiiice. Marvel just keeps printing money.

Showaddy

That Avengers affect :D

Let's hope it rubs off on Guardians or we'll have nothing but Cap, Thor & Iron Man for the next 10 years...

Man, does Zach Levi look weird with the blonde hair.

Also, not surprised at how good looking the movie is. Very excited to see Alan Taylor actually have money.

richiek

According to this website, Rashida Jones is the frontrunner to play Janet Van Dyne in Ant-Man.

Rashida-Jones---2013-Film-Independent-Spirit-Awards-in-Santa-Monica--10-560x728.jpg

The Wasp WON’T feature in Ant-Man, but Janet Van Dyne WILL. The source says, “Janet will be a love interest and a major supporting character, we would see multiple references to her future as The Wasp throughout the film.” As if this wasn’t enough, the source later told me WHO Marvel and Edgar Wright had in their eyes for the role. It seems that Parks & Recreation star Rashida Jones is on top of Marvel’s shortlist for the role of 'Janet Van Dyne'.

I'm pretty skeptical about this report, but she and Paul Rudd were in I Love You, Man, so it would be a good fit.

TDLink

According to this website, Rashida Jones is the frontrunner to play Janet Van Dyne in Ant-Man.

Rashida-Jones---2013-Film-Independent-Spirit-Awards-in-Santa-Monica--10-560x728.jpg

I'm pretty skeptical about this report, but she and Paul Rudd were in I Love You, Man, so it would be a good fit.
Chris Pratt giving his co-star that marvel hook up? I'd be okay with this choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom