• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, that movie would be expensive as fuck. Anything involving a large amount of water will always be. Not to mention the dude isn't the most sympathetic character.

Neither is Tony Stark!

But yeah, it would be expensive. Makes me wonder why they're still keen to develop it. I'd just drop the rights and try something less risky.

TDLink

Namor being at Universal is a big shock to me. I am not really sure how they could possibly still have that license, but if Feige says it then it must be true. Weird though.

Neither is Tony Stark!

But yeah, it would be expensive. Makes me wonder why they're still keen to develop it. I'd just drop the rights and try something less risky.
Yeah I don't get it. If they couldn't make Hulk work I doubt they'll manage to do anything with Namor. They must be desperately trying to find a way to make that Marvel money work for them.

J10

Banned
Yeah I don't get it. If they couldn't make Hulk work I doubt they'll manage to do anything with Namor. They must be desperately trying to find a way to make that Marvel money work for them.

How easy it would be to just let Marvel produce it and fold it into the MCU. Universal can just foot the bill and collect the profits. If they can't pull it together creatively I mean. The MCU is basically just printing money at this point anyway.

Showaddy

1st behind the scenes look at Yondu if anyone's interested. He looks...slightly different to his comic-book counterpart. Guessing his Mowhawk is CGI.

Michael-Rooker-Yondu-1-600x800.png

I mean, it only makes sense. I think we all have been guessing they may do this for a while, even before they announced they were doing Ultron in A2. It will resonate much better with audiences who have seen the MCU films than sticking to the way the comic did it.

Agreed. Makes the villain connection more personal for the movie audience than having it be Pym who they just put in there. While it sucks kinda shortchanging Pym like that, I completely get where they are coming from. And if will also be one more thing to fuck with Tony. If we thought he had a hard time dealing with his weapons being used by terrorists, it will be nothing compared to how he will probably react to his AI servant killing unknown amounts of people.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Agreed. Makes the villain connection more personal for the movie audience than having it be Pym who they just put in there. While it sucks kinda shortchanging Pym like that, I completely get where they are coming from. And if will also be one more thing to fuck with Tony. If we thought he had a hard time dealing with his weapons being used by terrorists, it will be nothing compared to how he will probably react to his AI servant killing unknown amounts of people.

Pym sucks anyways. Just another genius narcissist, we've already got one.

Jonogunn

This change to Ultron does make iron man 3 look better. I'm sure everyone was surprised by the technological leap in the suits/Jarvis from avengers to iron man 3. Jarvis controlling the iron men...what's the point of tony being in danger at all now right??

But now we get to see the downfall of that technological advancement. And good ol buddy ol Jarvis.

Well, Ultron could reprogrammed itself to have different kind of voice or tones.

He downloads all 9 seasons of The Office into his head and picks a voice at random. Later on the film, Thor hits him really hard with Mjolnir and he switches to Steve Carrell's voice for a bit.

J10

Banned
That's some outside the box casting if you ask me. I've imagined many voices for Ultron and James Spader wasn't anywhere near them. Interesting.

Slyonic

Neo Member
Are there any photos of Emily Vancamp in The Winter Soldier? Would like to see what she looks like in the movie.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Sharon Carter will be Cap's love interest in The Winter Soldier:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/09/0...ldier-director-talks-emily-vancamps-agent-13/

In a new interview in Nylon magazine, the filmmakers behind Captain America: The Winter Soldier discussed the casting of Revenge star Emily Vancamp in the movie, saying that they wanted to get somebody who could immediately grab Steve Rogers’ attention as the love interest.
“We wanted someone that Cap would have an immediate interest in,” said Joe Russo, who co-directed the film with his brother Anthony. “It had to be a strong-willed person, and we felt that Emily’s work on Revenge was a great test tube for what this character could be. She’s obviously very credible with physicality, she holds the screen really well, and she even looks like the character from the books.”

Also, here's an ABC promo for Agents of SHIELD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnc_K_4mq8&feature=youtu.be

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Vin Diesel officially confirms that he will play Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy. He also says he will be involved in Phase 3 in some manner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw4Fg2Y4D2U

(around the 50 minute mark)

He spills some cool details too, saying that his future involvement discussions were about something that's "so big I can't even talk about because it's like a merging of brands"..."way way way way way down the road".

Interesting. Probably unlikely, but I'm hoping it's something involving Spider-Man coming to the avengers but that's just my hopes and dreams.

Mafro

He spills some cool details too, saying that his future involvement discussions were about something that's "so big I can't even talk about because it's like a merging of brands"..."way way way way way down the road".

Interesting. Probably unlikely, but I'm hoping it's something involving Spider-Man coming to the avengers but that's just my hopes and dreams.
Sounds more like a merging of Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers for Infinity Gauntlet or something, which would be awesome.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Sounds more like a merging of Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers for Infinity Gauntlet or something, which would be awesome.

Yeah but I can dream can't I?

I bet Avengers 3 is going to be called Avengers: Infinity like the new marvel mini-series going on right now.

DieH@rd

Banned

The first thing I thought when he said that was also Spider Man and X-Men. Slim chances....

BTW he mentioned several times "2016 Marvel phase 3 project". I wonder what that will be.

Nesotenso

Still have a problem with Strange and his magic based power set. Then again Scarlet Witch. Can't believe Whedon chose the twins.

Mafro

Still have a problem with Strange and his magic based power set. Then again Scarlet Witch. Can't believe Whedon chose the twins.
The twins make perfect sense since they are classic Avengers.

I do think magic might seem a little out of place. Didn't they describe magic in Thor as advanced science that most humans don't understand, or something like that? They could just have his powers and the Eye of Agamotto be cosmic-based.

The hopeful side of me sees that hes in a cosmic movie and the merging of brands is Fantastic Four/Galactus/Silver Surfer rights coming back to Marvel somehow like DD did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom