• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New Thor: The Dark World posters:

q404.jpg

ldx8.jpg

Skab

Dormammu needs to be the Dr Strange main villain because I want that to happen.

While there are a ton of villains I would love to see on the big screen (Dorm would be pretty amazing) my biggest wish is simply for Doom to no longer be in Fox's hands anymore.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
While there are a ton of villains I would love to see on the big screen (Dorm would be pretty amazing) my biggest wish is simply for Doom to no longer be in Fox's hands anymore.

I want Doom and Surfer to return to Marvel due to their power levels and cosmic stories that could be told with them.

https://twitter.com/TheDrewCarson/status/334357004531412994

According to this tweet, Jake Gyllenhaal is meeting with Marvel.

Does this mean Marvel/Disney got the rights to Spider-Man back from Sony? LOL.

Hmm, I'm guessing Ant Man. Pretty much the only big character we have no clue as to casting yet.

Also, saw the Agent Carter short the other night. Aside from being awesome I wonder if and how
Scorpio
will come into play in the future.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I wonder same thing. I remembered there are rumors about Sony having money problems so they sold Spider-Man back to Marvel but again it's just rumors.

And here's to hoping Fox's Fantastic 4 reboot gets into development hell since that's about all they need if Marvel could somehow get Spidey back. Would be awesome to see X-Men too but that's looking impossible and afaik they work fine in their own universe.

And here's to hoping Fox's Fantastic 4 reboot gets into development hell since that's about all they need if Marvel could somehow get Spidey back. Would be awesome to see X-Men too but that's looking impossible and afaik they work fine in their own universe.

Fall 2014 is the deadline for Fox to do something with FF or the rights revert to Marvel

ghostmind

Getting FF & Spidey back would be wonderful. X-Men have always felt like they are in their own universe anyway in the comics, so having them at Fox is not a big deal, as long as the quality doesn't start to tank.

DieH@rd

Banned
I just want.... that beginning of Avengers 3 will be crash landing of Silver Surfer onto the home of Dr. Strange, bringing the news that Thanos is coming.

Chances for that are zero as long FOX owns FF rights.

richiek

James Spader had begun prepwork for Age of Ultron.

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/114625/james-spader-ive-always-been-lucky

Have you started preparing for the “Avengers” sequel?

I have spoken to Joss Whedon about it. And yes, actually, just this weekend I went in for them to take very extensive photographs, head scans, body scans, and all kinds of things in preparation for figuring out how the hell I’m gonna fit in this Ultron character!

Skab

I'm still not sure how I feel about Spader.

I don't dislike him, and I'm not really against it. It just sounds odd to me.

But I know not to judge until I see something.

AMUSIX

I don't think we'll see any major integration of Agents into the MCU until the show is established. That mean it'll be MOTW for a while (with a Big Bad Organization for the first season) including the guys in red masks.

TDLink

I don't think we'll see any major integration of Agents into the MCU until the show is established. That mean it'll be MOTW for a while (with a Big Bad Organization for the first season) including the guys in red masks.

I think there's a decent chance we'll see something around when Thor comes out. And an almost definite chance there will be something when Winter Soldier comes out.

Just watched the Agent Carter short and it was pretty cool. Curious to see if they're going to do anything with
Zodiac
later or if that was just for the short. The stinger was pretty good too lol.

Rising Tide was Skye, and only Skye
Is that the case? I was a bit unsure on that since they never explicitly say it. I was under the impression that she identified as Rising Tide and that it was sort of an Anonymous style group that didn't have any structure or organization. But I can see how they were trying to say that she was so good that they assumed it was more than one person.

‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Takes Place Two Years After ‘The Avengers’

So according to this article, Iron Man 3 takes place 6 months after Avengers, Thor 2, 1 year after, and Cap 2, 2 years after. So I gotta ask: why doesn't the US government call Cap when the President is kidnapped? He isn't dealing with the Winter Soldier during this time, if this timeline is correct.

Well, for one thing, he's not theirs to call in, if he's with S.H.I.E.L.D.. I mean, he'd show, but he could be doing anything anywhere.

They'd do well to clarify (possibly in the TV show?) with just a throwaway line to his whereabouts at the time.

ZeroGravity

From the time the President is kidnapped to the time he is saved at the end of Iron Man 3 was only a matter of hours. The only ones who knew he had actually been kidnapped were Tony and Rhodey, and the only one they spoke to was the Vice President who kept the whole thing under wraps.

The only thing the American government likely knew was that Air Force One had crashed over the ocean and the President's whereabouts were unknown. The whole thing was resolved before any outside intervention would have taken place.

J10

Banned
My guess is Jessica Jones, but I wouldn't mind someone flashier like double agent Jessica Drew.

Please, please, please let those rights revert back to Marvel. I would be totally fine with X-Men staying as its own universe in films. But I want FF back.

Aren't they in production of a new FF movie? I remember hearing it's even going to be referenced in xmen days of future past as a "shared universe" kind of thing

TDLink

Aren't they in production of a new FF movie? I remember hearing it's even going to be referenced in xmen days of future past as a "shared universe" kind of thing

There has been 0 movement on the FF movie at FOX. It is having some major production issues. They were supposed to get started with filming it this month but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. The status of the script is unknown and as far as I know no roles have been cast. There's a real possibility that production will be delayed.

They have until a year from now to actually get it into production though, so it reverting back to Marvel is still something unlikely to happen unless FOX just says "fuck it".

richiek

There has been 0 movement on the FF movie at FOX. It is having some major production issues. They were supposed to get started with filming it this month but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. The status of the script is unknown and as far as I know no roles have been cast. There's a real possibility that production will be delayed.

They have until a year from now to actually get it into production though, so it reverting back to Marvel is still something unlikely to happen unless FOX just says "fuck it".

They said the same thing about Daredevil, right?

J10

Banned

Conspiracy theory time: Disney is paying people to stall over at Fox so they can't meet the deadline.

TDLink

They said the same thing about Daredevil, right?

Daredevil actually had a completed script and screen tests. They just started thinking about it way too late. Almost like they forgot the deadline even existed. By comparison the FF project has a lot more leeway in terms of time.

It will be interesting to see what FOX does. If the film continues to not get into production before the end of the year then chances are higher for the rights to go back to Marvel. Frankly they may be realizing they don't actually need FF since the previous two were poor performers and they can milk X-Men as much as they want. I am sure it's a matter of debate over at FOX right now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Until when do they have a make a FF Movie, before (hopefully(!) the rights return to Marvel?

My guess is Jessica Jones, but I wouldn't mind someone flashier like double agent Jessica Drew.

I would die I we would see Spider-Woman on Screen. One of my most favorite characters.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Has anyone further informations on this Spider-Man/Marvel thing, maybe a link to a news or something?

Just the imagination of Spider-Man beeing part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and joining the Avengers later in a movie from Joss Wheedon...) would be so mind blowing for a Spidey-Fanboy like me.

richiek

Has anyone further informations on this Spider-Man/Marvel thing, maybe a link to a news or something?

Just the imagination of Spider-Man beeing part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and joining the Avengers later in a movie from Joss Wheedon...) would be so mind blowing for a Spidey-Fanboy like me.

Spider-Man isn't leaving Sony anytime soon, and they have plans for him (Sinister Six). Unless ASM2 utterly bombs, Spidey ain't joining the MCU.

TDLink

Based on tonight's episode it actually seems somewhat likely that she is in fact Jessica Drew.

Until when do they have a make a FF Movie, before (hopefully(!) the rights return to Marvel?

I would die I we would see Spider-Woman on Screen. One of my most favorite characters.

They have to get the FF reboot into production by October 2014 or the rights revert.

Looks like there's movement on the Fantastic Four movie so I wouldn't get your hopes up for Marvel to get the rights back any time soon.

We knew that Josh Trank's reboot of the FANTASTIC FOUR franchise would be "A Matthew Vaughn Production", and now, Hollywood Reporter has announced that Simon Kinberg will also be onboard as a writer/producer on the flick. Kinberg, who first made his bones with his MR. AND MRS. SMITH script (which doubled as his grad school thesis), has worked on the last three X-MEN movies (including DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and excluding the two WOLVERINEs), JUMPER, and SHERLOCK HOLMES, not to mention in an uncredited capacity on the 2005 Tim Story-directed FANTASTIC FOUR (which does nothing to boost my confidence in this new incarnation). He's expected to do a massive re-write on the film, so hopefully the final product will be more FIRST CLASS than THE LAST STAND or the '05 FF4.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64433

TDLink

Looks like there's movement on the Fantastic Four movie so I wouldn't get your hopes up for Marvel to get the rights back any time soon.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64433

Eh, the "movement" is they have hired a new writer to redo the script. There is definitely still a lot of time for them to get the film into production but that move really just indicates they are pretty far from it. If they are redoing the script now it means they aren't even close to casting or realistically setting a production date.

eastx

Eh, the "movement" is they have hired a new writer to redo the script. There is definitely still a lot of time for them to get the film into production but that move really just indicates they are pretty far from it. If they are redoing the script now it means they aren't even close to casting or realistically setting a production date.

That depends on how much of the script he's changing. It's not uncommon for a new writer to be hired to do touch up passes on an existing script in order to add more humor, improve dialogue, etc. None of which would affect casting or scheduling all that much.

TDLink

That depends on how much of the script he's changing. It's not uncommon for a new writer to be hired to do touch up passes on an existing script in order to add more humor, improve dialogue, etc. None of which would affect casting or scheduling all that much.

Yes but basing it on the article:

He's expected to do a massive re-write on the film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom