• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Plus, how absurdly overcomplicated they made the event that led to the death of his family. What was it again? The Irish Mob, a biker gang and some ex-military personnel (who coincidentally happened to have served with Frank) met in a park before some cops botched a surveillance operation which led to things spinning out of control?

Goddamnit, DD S2.

Only thing that bothered me was Clancy Brown being the mastermind of it all. That was like the cherry on top of the convoluted, coincidence sundae.

Pachimari

ONvm86a.jpg

SpaceWolf

Banned
The Dark World is the only MCU movie where I can't remember a goddamned thing about it

Same, but with Doctor Strange also. Only scene that really struck a chord with me in that film was that moment on the hospital balcony where Stephen is talking to the Ancient One. Outside of that, it's all a blur.

The Dark World is the only MCU movie where I can't remember a goddamned thing about it

I remember more of that movie than I do most MCU movies for some reason. Thor's mom died, the professor went nuts from being possessed by Loki's staff in Avengers and became a streaker, Natalie Portman actually looked halfway interested in being in the movie unlike with Thor 1, Loki kinda sorta turns good but then fakes his death and takes the place of Odin at the end, Chris Evans makes a cameo via a Loki illusion... I'm not saying it's a particularly great movie, but I found it pretty memorable at least.

LionPride

Banned
I remember more of that movie than I do most MCU movies for some reason. Thor's mom died, the professor went nuts from being possessed by Loki's staff in Avengers and became a streaker, Natalie Portman actually looked halfway interested in being in the movie unlike with Thor 1, Loki kinda sorta turns good but then fakes his death and takes the place of Odin at the end, Chris Evans makes a cameo via a Loki illusion... I'm not saying it's a particularly great movie, but I found it pretty memorable at least.
Don't remember any of that shit

exYle

Same, but with Doctor Strange also. Only scene that really struck a chord with me in that film was that moment on the hospital balcony where Stephen is talking to the Ancient One. Outside of that, it's all a blur.

Really? Dr. Strange has the most creative final "fight" in the entire MCU, possibly across all superhero films

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I can't take any of these hair complaints seriously, it looks fine. Y'all gotta rein this Inhumans hatemind shit back.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Hulk names his giant war axe 'Betty' but doesn't say why.

thatsdamngood.gif

I think she was spotted on the set of Infinity War.

I believe some spurious Scottish news outlet included her in the general cast list for Infinity War without any additional information a year or so ago, but that's been about it. I imagine if Liv Tyler was actually in the film, we would have heard more about it by now.

EDIT: Yep.

Daily Record UK (via MCUExchange) wrote an article about the impact that filming of Infinity War would have on the Scottish economy, and when they went to list some of the cast members, Liv Tyler was included. Considering she has not previously been linked as returning, this is surprising news should it be true. Daily Record does not definitely report that they know she is returning but include her addition as if it had been reported before.

Glass Rebel

When Thor 3: The Darkranok inevitably makes 1b they will put The Hulk into Homecoming 2 and Betty will appear in the last minute of the movie for Banner to take out a ring and propose to her.

"I can't believe you had that on you."
"That's my secret, Betty. I always carry it with me."

SpaceWolf

Banned
When Thor 3: The Darkranok inevitably makes 1b they will put The Hulk into Homecoming 2 and Betty will appear in the last minute of the movie for Banner to take out a ring and propose to her.

"I can't believe you had that on you."
"That's my secret, Betty. I always carry it with me."

You jest, but I think I would be strangely down with every Spider-Man sequel featuring Peter having a new superhero mentor and learning unique life-lessons from them.

"But Doctor Banner...how will always feeling angry help me in tomorrow's Math test?"
"I don't know, Peter. I just know you'll not only smash tomorrow's test...you'll Hulk-Smash it."
"You're the best, Doctor Banner!"
"It's funny because I'm the Hulk, you see."
"Yeah, Doctor Banner, I got that."
"Good."

You jest, but I think I would be strangely down with every Spider-Man sequel featuring Peter having a new superhero mentor and learning unique life-lessons from them.

"But Doctor Banner...how will always feeling angry help me in tomorrow's Math test?"
"I don't know, Peter. I just know you'll not only smash tomorrow's test...you'll Hulk-Smash it."
"Good."

I really want Black Window in Spiderman 2, setting Peter up on dates and stuff. but leading him into more trouble. Aunt May can then bail Peter out somehow.

Glass Rebel

"Good."

I mean, we're both just joking around here but since they already confirmed that they're gonna have another Avenger side-character in Homecoming 2 (and I assume Homecoming 3 as well), I wouldn't be surprised if all of them dealt with an aspect of Spidey.

Homecoming 2 with Banner/Hulk that deals with his public image ("Menace!") and him controlling his powers and Homcoming 3 with Cap that looks at Spidey as a symbol, his personal sacrifices and his moral core. Cap the trilogy off with a homage to this:

a5b4784a0c201528de3ff6f0c1ccd526.jpg

The Kree

Banned
I really want Black Window in Spiderman 2, setting Peter up on dates and stuff. but leading him into more trouble. Aunt May can then bail Peter out somehow.

Yeah, having one of the few female heroes in the MCU relegated to giving dating advice looks bad.

Maybe she could, like, just be a spy and kill bad guys like the rest of the Avengers.

I mean, we're both just joking around here but since they already confirmed that they're gonna have another Avenger side-character in Homecoming 2 (and I assume Homecoming 3 as well), I wouldn't be surprised if all of them dealt with an aspect of Spidey.

Homecoming 2 with Banner/Hulk that deals with his public image ("Menace!") and him controlling his powers and Homcoming 3 with Cap that looks at Spidey as a symbol, his personal sacrifices and his moral core. Cap the trilogy off with a homage to this:

a5b4784a0c201528de3ff6f0c1ccd526.jpg

Considering that now that Mjolnir's destroyed so Cap can't lift it in the third act of Avengers 4, and Stark basically had the "Avengers Assemble" line in Age of Ultron, I'd take this as an alternative.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Maybe he is just lying. Maybe its one of the big twists, were he and Coulson stand in a room, and say something along "Captain America, we would like you to introduce you to Captain Marvel"
I think he is 100% set for 4

Geneva Robertson-Dworet to Write Latest Draft of ‘Captain Marvel’

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/geneva-robertson-dworet-marvels-captain-marvel-1202528410/

Marvel has set Geneva Robertson-Dworet to pen the latest draft of “Captain Marvel” starring Brie Larson, sources tell Variety.

“Mississippi Grind” helmers Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are on board to direct. Kevin Feige is producing.

“Inside Out” scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman wrote previous drafts. The comics followed Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues her with the superpowers of strength, energy projection, and flight.

Robertson-Dworet’s past script credits include the upcoming “Tomb Raider” film for MGM, starring Alicia Vikander, and “Gotham City Sirens,” an expansion of the “Suicide Squad” franchise which David Ayer is looking to direct with Margot Robbie reprising her role as Harley Quinn for Warner Bros.

Top Bottom