• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

Reposting this for the new page:

27 leaked images from Marvel's Inhumans!

LOCKJAW!!!
vlcsnap-2017-05-19-12h46m16s570_595_Mini%20Logo%20TV%20white%20-%20Gallery.png

The flack that Inhumans has been getting is a bit unwarranted. Lets see some actual. Grainy stills and EW publicity shots aren't going to impress.

it earned the flack on precedent as far as im concerned

plus its another rush job like Iron fist

if it ends up somehow miraculously decent ill be very surprised

Pachimari

I decided to rewatch the first ever episode of Agents of Shield, and it holds up. This was a really good premiere, nothing out of the ordinary, but it was just real solid for fans alike. Slowly being introduced to the different characters, what the S.H.I.E.l.D. organization is capable of, the resources they got, and other parties around the world. In fact, they bring us to Paris, France already on a quick little mission featuring fan favorite Grant Ward. I like all of the technology we are introduced to, like fingerprint reading plates, small flying droids with cool lightning effects and a flying car.

Skye is very well known in the Marvel Cinematic Universe today, so it was pretty cool going back to look at her performance, and not only is her character very cute, smart and light-hearted but she also does well with what she has to work with. There's a lot of references to the movies, and for some, too many, but I enjoy that as a fan. There's some dumb sexual jokes that could have been cut but mostly, the upbeating atmosphere works.

I was actually surprised to see how quickly Skye comes onboard this whole S.H.I.E.L.D., and I can't actually remember if she still hesitates, but her interaction with Ward was funny, and he himself delivered the different lines really great. We already see the truth-serum at play here, which reminded me of Madame Gao and what she's capable of doing.

It's still cloudly as to her the third-party that shows up is, but they call them the "Centipede" or the ICU - and that brand tells me something, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in Jessica Jones in the whole Nuke subplot? - but they've developed a very dangerous mix that combines alien metal from the scraps of the New York Battle with other stuff like the Super Soldier Serum developed by Doctor Erskine back in the 40's.

The pilot revolves around this one character, Michael Peterson, who is the first "superhero" or powered man that we see since the huge incidence from The Avengers and the show tries to sell us on how that whole battle has changed the world - even though it only happened in New York City - but we get to see the power at play and what it can do and it's all very interesting.

I especially love the scene with Phil Coulson's reveal, Clark Gregg really delivered on that in a funny and endearing way. I have the sense that, even at this early stage, there's some characters to like here, and that's good for a pilot. The episode also leaves you with a little tease, to bring you back in.

By the way, Chloe Benett - which is her real name, just from her father's side - looked great back then (and still does):

Some other cool S.H.I.E.L.D. technology. The cloth scans and picks up the handprint for later use:

And this plate of sorts can be used to see through walls for electronics:

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Jesus dude, calm down! haha

You realize it's literally just an orchestrated of the 60s theme? It's not that great.

Of course I do, but it has something.

Also, I had a bad evening and this makes me somehow very very happy :D I know it sounds silly but thats the stuff I love so much about these movies. Small pieces, that give me so much excitement.
I must sound like the worst nerd xd

SpaceWolf

Banned
Also, I had a bad evening and this makes me somehow very very happy :D I know it sounds silly but thats the stuff I love so much about these movies. Small pieces, that give me so much excitement.

Haha, that's cool, dude. Glad you're digging it :)

Fingers crossed the movie will be good.

This was great to hear! Giacchino best composer in the MCU so far! I still listen to the Doctor Strange theme a lot! It helps he did the Incredibles, Zootopia, Jurassic World and Rogue One.

nice! I've got a lovely year of MCU content this year:

• Watch Inhumans on TV

I have high hopes for Homecoming... I hope we finally get the Spidey movie that tops SM2 so people can shut up about it already.

I forgot Inhumans comes out this year. Hopefully it airs at a reasonable time frame. I couldn't manage the 10PM timeslot for Agents season 5; I really couldn't stay awake, not to mention I didn't want to disturb some family members that my parents are allowing to stay for awhile.

And definitely looking forward to SM: Homecoming! Crossing my fingers it's the best SM film in years.

SPIDER-MAN
SPIDER-MAN
DOES WHATEVER A SPIDER CAN

Fuck. Seriously. This is brilliant.

Of course I do, but it has something.

The last few promothings really raised my hope for Spider-Man.
And I cant wait to see Happy again

bb29e8b1aecfa9b55583737e7ebfcda7.jpg

Quick

Banned

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I think that the OP should list how spoilers work in this thread

I think this needs some revising, since this is a community OT, not a separate "spoiler thread." In general, things would be much nicer and more inclusive for more readers if people used their best judgement regarding spoiler tags for unreleased movies and episodes. If it seems like official synopsis stuff, fair game. If it seems like a leak of something the makers of the film might not want us to know, consider spoiler tags just out of consideration for the wide swath of Marvel-GAF that would like to join the community but not necessarily live in spoiler pandemonium. I'd mention all this in the OP.

Like you said, if the warning might scare people away, it's probably too loose of a rule. Let's not scare people away.

That Giacchino arrangement.

Don't think the Elfman theme can be surpassed as I love it to bits but taking the classic theme and giving it an orchestral spin can probably come close.
Certainly miles better than whatever generic tune the ASM movies used.

Quick

Banned
I liked James Horner's ASM score, though it is ultimately forgettable in comparison to Danny Elfman's. Hans Zimmer's ASM2 score was definitely forgettable.

I just looked up both ASM socres on Spotify, and I don't think Zimmer brought anything from Horner's score over to his (specifically the ASM theme). His Spidey theme kind of sounds like a remixed version of the Columbia title card music, or theme music for an evening news show.

If we had to create rules for spoilers, I suggest the following:
  • Since the big comic book movies have a spoiler thread or a thread where one can post spoilers sans tags, if you want to immediately post something spoilery, post there. If you want to post something here, use tags for it if its only 4-5 days after the release of the movie. I think most of us are either based in the US or Europe, so if you're in Europe, just be cognizant the US will get the movie later and post with tags.
  • For TV shows, I'd suggest the same methodology.
  • For rumors, I'd say those are fair game because they aren't spoilers unless they're backed up by set reports or verified leaks.
  • For set pics, it depends on how spoilery they are. If its Black Panther riding a car, post without spoiler tags. If it's something key or potentially important to the plot, spoiler tag or even link to the picture instead of posting it here.
Does that sound fair? I know this thread is supposed to be the place to discuss the MCU, spoilers and all, but then all that does is drive out people when it gets close to the tentpole releases or inadvertently spoil them.

The Kree

Banned
OT updated with spoiler policy.

Spoiler Policy
  1. Use spoiler tags for text or pictures containing story information not found in official marketing materials for unreleased movies or TV shows.
  2. Properly label links to pictures, videos, social media posts, and news articles containing story information not found in official marketing materials for unreleased movies and TV shows.
  3. Use spoiler tags when discussing or posting images from newly released movies and TV shows for one week after release.
  4. Properly label links to pictures, videos, social media posts, and news articles containing story information for newly released movies and TV shows for one week after release.
  5. Do not use spoiler tags for casting announcements, unsubstantiated rumors and speculation, nonspecific impressions of released movies and TV shows, or your meaningless headcanon.

Pachimari

OT updated with spoiler policy.
Great job, thank you Kree!

Also I made this the last hour:

test.png

I have no idea why .png uploads don't work on Imgur all of a sudden.

------------------------------------------------------

New Spider-Man: Homecoming promo:

------------------------------------------------------

Conceptual artist Anthony Francisco's official art for Teen Groot:

And Baby Groot:

SpaceWolf

Banned
That Giacchino arrangement.

Don't think the Elfman theme can be surpassed as I love it to bits but taking the classic theme and giving it an orchestral spin can probably come close.
Certainly miles better than whatever generic tune the ASM movies used.

Fun fact: An in-universe orchestrated version of the Spiderman theme appears in Spiderman 3 at the Spiderman parade.

Also a specially made Michael Buble cover for the original theme was placed over the end credits of Spiderman 2.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Tom in it for the long haul:

In a recent interview with Empire, Holland revealed that if everything goes according to plan that he hoped to play the character for at least two more decades. "Peter Parker is a character we see [in the comic books] as a 15-year-old boy and then as a 35-year-old man. So I have an idea of what I'd like to do, and I've pitched it and it's already been taken into the boardroom. It would be really cool if it pans out, because it means I would be Spider-Man for a very long time."

The Kree

Banned
He's gonna do a handful of movies over the next few years, get paid, get bored, and then walk. He's not going to play Spider-Man for 20 years.

Top Bottom