• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Platy

Thor Ragnarok Japanese poster:

z7ryur0a4tez.jpg

looks like the most badass RPG party ever

Paladin, thief, thief, barbarian, knight, hunter, priest and wizard

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ok guys i posted my mcu rewatch thread in OT

i will make it better but i wanted the full 2 weeks to watch IM

looks like the most badass RPG party ever

Paladin, thief, thief, barbarian, knight, hunter, priest and wizard

oh shit hell yeH

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh shit, 18? Fuck, I'm trying to watch all of The Sopranos before I have to cancel HBO. They need to push it back.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, I think this looks great!

Absurdly excited for this. I've made peace with the fact that makes me one of the few.

Haha, yes. I'm just happy to be able being happy about this :)

Wouldn't you want a matte finish on your costume though if you were trying to be stealthy? Would you really want your costume to have some sort of sparkle or shine as you tried to move without being spotted?
This is a crappy matte finish, though.

Anyway, it's a comic book TV show. Netflix grounded or not, I don't care about the practicality of a glossy cowl. Just make it look good.

Marvel isn't letting for an official release of the Captain Marvel concept art, but this is the best look and that is shaping up to be the closest to the movie look (at SDCC they showed three slightly different suits).

One had the sash, but it was more like a ribbon clipped onto the belt. Also a lot less red on the costume that made it more like Captain America's suit.

I think this one ends up resembling the Iron Spider-Man suit more than anything.

The Kree

Banned
I don't like that it's skin tight either. It should be a little baggy around the joints and back, more like a real flight suit.

After rewatching the Ragnarok trailers and seeing the accessory that comes with the Hot Toys Thor figure, I think I have a pretty solid idea of how the films first act goes. I'll spoiler tag it just in case:

To prevent Ragnarok, Thor travels to Muspelheim to retrieve Surtur's skull (I dunno how this stops Ragnarok). As a result of this, he accidentally releases Hela from whatever prison she was held in. She follows him back to Earth where, I assume, he's looking for Odin and she destroys Mjolnir, which contains the soul gem. She uses this to rejuvenate herself (her outfit is tattered when she grabs Mjolnir and then fine once she does that whole orange glow soul gem thing) and then it's off to Asgard for some world endin'. I'm guessing Thor needs to find Odin and get back to Asgard so he pays a visit to Doctor Strange; they find Odin, get back to Asgard, Odin probably dies and then Thor is blasted off to Sakaar.

Could be wrong, though.

After rewatching the Ragnarok trailers and seeing the accessory that comes with the Hot Toys Thor figure, I think I have a pretty solid idea of how the films first act goes. I'll spoiler tag it just in case:

To prevent Ragnarok, Thor travels to Muspelheim to retrieve Surtur's skull (I dunno how this stops Ragnarok). As a result of this, he accidentally releases Hela from whatever prison she was held in. She follows him back to Earth where, I assume, he's looking for Odin and she destroys Mjolnir, which contains the soul gem. She uses this to rejuvenate herself (her outfit is tattered when she grabs Mjolnir and then fine once she does that whole orange glow soul gem thing) and then it's off to Asgard for some world endin'. I'm guessing Thor needs to find Odin and get back to Asgard so he pays a visit to Doctor Strange; they find Odin, get back to Asgard, Odin probably dies and then Thor is blasted off to Sakaar.

Could be wrong, though.
The only things would be
Hulk jumping at Surtur and at what point does Thor realize that Odin is gone and Loki is in his stead?

The only things would be
Hulk jumping at Surtur and at what point does Thor realize that Odin is gone and Loki is in his stead?
I think Surtur is still gonna appear in the third act but the whole skull thing is definitely in the first act because we've seen pictures of Thor with long hair and the skull strapped to his back. Hela probably takes it from him or something.

No idea about the whole Odin situation, though. Still trying to work that one out.

Edit: Actually, one thing I want to amend -
I think Asgard is incinerated/destroyed later in the film and Surtur is the one who does it.

Dalek

I think Surtur is still gonna appear in the third act but the whole skull thing is definitely in the first act because we've seen pictures of Thor with long hair and the skull strapped to his back. Hela probably takes it from him or something.

No idea about the whole Odin situation, though. Still trying to work that one out.

Edit: Actually, one thing I want to amend -
I think Asgard is incinerated/destroyed later in the film and Surtur is the one who does it.

Thor doesn't meet up with Hulk until Sakaar, and we have seen that shot of Hulk about to attavk Surtur.

Neoxon

Marvel isn't letting for an official release of the Captain Marvel concept art, but this is the best look and that is shaping up to be the closest to the movie look (at SDCC they showed three slightly different suits).
Wow, so the Avengers Assemble cartoon actually got it pretty close to what Captain Marvel's MCU costume actually looks like (hairstyle aside). They also got Wasp's MCU design correct.

Top Bottom