• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Glass Rebel

I have some bad news about Thanos

(I am in no way defending Ben)

I am not familiar with Brolin's story but just to be clear: I'm not vilifying People that choose to watch movies with these actors in it. Films are made by hundreds of people and everybody has to choose for themselves how they make the distinction between the actor as an artist/content creator and the actor as an actual person.

Just don't go defending someone just because he's your favourite spandex jerk. (Not directed at you, obviously)

Mickey Rourke is gong to let us down, isn't he?

again?

Just so we’re clear: If nasty shit about one of the MCU actors comes up I don‘t want to catch any of you defending them.

Man, that other side has been....woof.

Even when Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner said some dickhead shit during Age of Ultron, I don't recall many here waving that aside. Could be wrong, though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Even when Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner said some dickhead shit during Age of Ultron, I don't recall many here waving that aside. Could be wrong, though.

Still feeling a bit external shame how they called Black Widow a bitch who does it with everyone. Its like they were still 12 or something...

Still feeling a bit external shame how they called Black Widow a bitch who does it with everyone. Its like they were still 12 or something...

And that was about a fictional character. And we still reacted.

If it came out tomorrow that Downjey, Jr has been assaulting costars or sum shit, and Evans knew but said nothing about it, I don't think anyone here would try to dress that up for either party.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
And that was about a fictional character. And we still reacted.

If it came out tomorrow that Downjey, Jr has been assaulting costars or sum shit, and Evans knew but said nothing about it, I don't think anyone here would try to dress that up for either party.

I would be super heartbroken about that. I like most of the cast so much :(

Fhtagn

Yeah, that sucked. Evans at least seemed genuinely apologetic, but Renner’s done similar jokes again, he comes across like a frat guy or something

Pachimari

I kind of hope this thread won't "derail" into a discussion about the actors if something pops up from that whole Weinstein thing. Not that it should be ignored, but maybe contain it to their respective news threads (as there'll definitely be ones), as I come in here for entertainment. Not that I'm one to tell you what to discuss, but I hope it can partly because contained in their threads.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah, that sucked. Evans at least seemed genuinely apologetic, but Renner’s done similar jokes again, he comes across like a frat guy or something

Didnt wanted to say it in the first place, but from all of them, I could imagine Renner the most beeing somehow involved in something like this, but this is surely coming from that Black Window remark and just in my imagination... hopefully.

Pachimari

Those guys are really funny although to be fair, the trailer is coming soon. Kevin Feige confirmed again this week that it'll hit before the end of year.

Although I want it NOW!!!

The Kree

Banned
Just so we’re clear: If nasty shit about one of the MCU actors comes up I don‘t want to catch any of you defending them.

nIMNmhu.gif

Any proof? This is the first I've heard of this.

It's easy to find his interviews and such about it. Honestly thought it was well known. There's even a section of his wikipedia page about it.

And just to reiterate, I don't think it's a big deal. Ruffalo is a cool guy, who predominantly supports good causes. It's just the one thing about him where it's like "OK..."

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Taika Waititi sounds like he loved working with Marvel so I'm happy to see that if he wants, he will be able to do another film with them.

Neoxon

Give Nova to Taika and make it a wacky buddy cop space adventure. I'd love to see Rich Rider and Gamora team up as a nod to the comics. Or hell, make it Rich training Sam Alexander if you want.

...we're not getting Nova before 2030 or something stupid...
The Nova Corps still need to engineer the Nova Force, plus Richard still needs to get his powers from Rhomann Dey. We’re a long way from a Nova movie, my friend.

Kevin Feige Confident Marvel Will Work With Taika Waititi Again

Considering how well the MCU has fared with the Russos and James Gunn, this is great news.

Time to get those TV properties onto the big screen. Give him Iron Fist, or better yet, inhumans. Then make believe like Scott Buck and his atrocities never existed.

If the man can fix Thor after the two abominations that were Thor 1 and Dark World, then he can fix Scott Buck's Frankensteins.

Alternatively, he can be put in charge for Blade, Man Thing, and the supernatural part of the MCU, much like Gunn is doing the cosmic thing and the Russos are doing the Avengers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Death was teased back then in Avengers 1.

I am 100% sure they will never do a personification of death in the MCU, not like in the comics.

Anyay I just thought it was funny they seem to be pairing up Thanos and Hela in the comics this close to Rgnarok / Infinity War

I am 100% sure they will never do a personification of death in the MCU, not like in the comics.

Anyay I just thought it was funny they seem to be pairing up Thanos and Hela in the comics this close to Rgnarok / Infinity War

Given how Marvel operates these days I wouldn't be surprised if they've paired them up specifically because of it being a possibility for Infinity War.

Top Bottom