• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT4| Love You $22 Billion

ManaByte

Gold Member
Rumors of Patrick Stewart returning Professor X in the MCU

Which aren't true. He said he won't return since he made Logan.

"Here's the problem... If we had not made Logan, then yes, I would probably be ready to get into that wheelchair one more time and be Charles Xavier. But Logan changed all that," Stewart added. "Here's a tiny anecdote. The first time that Hugh [Jackman] and I saw the film in public was at the Berlin Film Festival, which is where the movie premiered. Shortly after Xavier's death scene, I found myself getting very emotional but I had to keep a hold of myself because we were sitting in the middle of this cinema. And then I saw Hugh's hand come up to his eye and wipe away a tear. I thought, 'Dammit, the bugger's crying. Oh, let it out Patrick.'"

"Hugh took my hand, and we held hands with the last seven or eight minutes of the film because there was so many things we were upset about,"Stewart recalled about the tear-jerking scene. "We were moved by the story. We were moved by one another. We were moved by the movie. But we also both made the decision that we were saying goodbye to our characters as well. In that sense, it was not just the deaths of those two men in the franchise, but it was also goodbye to our part in them as well."

But YouTube clickbait thumbnails ignore the truth of what he said to get you to watch their bullshit.

ManaByte

Gold Member
GIANT HEAD IN A JAR!
hsbF9KlT_o.png

ManaByte

Gold Member
Marvel is meeting with two actresses this coming week for Kate Bishop due to Apple having Hailee Steinfeld in a non-compete contract.

NickFire

Rumors of Patrick Stewart returning Professor X in the MCU
I hope they aren't true. He nailed that character out of the park, and I can't think of a better choice. But I still hope its not true, because I feel like they need to start with a clean slate of actors who will stay in the role a solid 10 years if the MCU stays popular. I'm not a fan of recasting roles before reboots.

Mihos

Gold Member
No word on a black widow release delay yet? I am already a little disappointed about New Mutants

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
No word on a black widow release delay yet? I am already a little disappointed about New Mutants

It's not coming out on May 1st. Theaters in LA and NY are closed until sometime in May, including the highest-grossing theater in the country.

Slimybug

Neo Member
New Timeline:

Aug. ??: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Nov. 06: Black Widow
Dec. ??: WandaVision

Feb. 12: The Eternals
May 07: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Jul. 16: "Spider-Man 3"
Nov. 05: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Undated Disney+ Series: What If...?, Loki

Feb. 18: Thor: Love and Thunder
May 06: "Black Panther II"
Jul. 09: "Captain Marvel 2"
Oct. 07: Blade (not official but essentially confirmed by reliable sources)

Undated Disney+ series: Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk

Other In-Development Projects
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Ant-Man 3
Deadpool 3 (likely with a hands-off approach by the brass at Marvel Studios)
Nova (essentially confirmed by reliable sources)
Thunderbolts (essentially confirmed by reliable sources)
Young Avengers (essentially confirmed by reliable source)

And of course, they're planning on introducing mutants and The Fantastic Four at some point.

There's a new Twitter account claiming to be Roger Wardell, the reliable source of the past, which states Storm will be in Thor: Love and Thunder.

Also, Marvel has considered projects like Dark Avengers and, reportedly, even Power Pack.

Mihos

Gold Member
New Timeline:

Aug. ??: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Nov. 06: Black Widow
Dec. ??: WandaVision

Feb. 12: The Eternals
May 07: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Jul. 16: "Spider-Man 3"
Nov. 05: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Undated Disney+ Series: What If...?, Loki

Feb. 18: Thor: Love and Thunder
May 06: "Black Panther II"
Jul. 09: "Captain Marvel 2"
Oct. 07: Blade (not official but essentially confirmed by reliable sources)

Undated Disney+ series: Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk

Other In-Development Projects
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Ant-Man 3
Deadpool 3 (likely with a hands-off approach by the brass at Marvel Studios)
Nova (essentially confirmed by reliable sources)
Thunderbolts (essentially confirmed by reliable sources)
Young Avengers (essentially confirmed by reliable source)

And of course, they're planning on introducing mutants and The Fantastic Four at some point.

There's a new Twitter account claiming to be Roger Wardell, the reliable source of the past, which states Storm will be in Thor: Love and Thunder.

Also, Marvel has considered projects like Dark Avengers and, reportedly, even Power Pack.

I guess it was good that this was a light year for them anyway.... I really need my Marvel fix soon though.

At least there are rumors of Agents of Shield coming earlier now.

Appearing on the U.K.'s The Graham Norton Show, Evans was asked if his time as Cap was truly over.

"Yes, I think it is," Evans responded.

"It was a great run and we went out on such a high note that it would be risky to revisit it in my opinion," he continued. "It was such a good experience and I think it's better left that way."

It'll be interesting seeing (after 'Endgame') if they'll go for more ensemble event-movies or if they'll stay on the 'in-universe-but-self-contained' path they apparently have going on now. And if it's the former, I wonder who they'll have take up the spotlight, after Tony Stark, if they wanna go that route again, that is. That looks like a big 'if', since I'm sure RDJ's conditions/demands were in no small part influential to the whole thing. It's likely the studio will make sure they won't be put in that position again.

Half-interested in Spiderman, hopeful for the Dr. Strange sequel and extremely on the fence for the fourth Thor.

PS: Imagine what a Marvel mararthon'll look like, say, fifteen years from now.

ManaByte

Gold Member
It'll be interesting seeing (after 'Endgame') if they'll go for more ensemble event-movies or if they'll stay on the 'in-universe-but-self-contained' path they apparently have going on now. And if it's the former, I wonder who they'll have take up the spotlight, after Tony Stark, if they wanna go that route again, that is. That looks like a big 'if', since I'm sure RDJ's conditions/demands were in no small part influential to the whole thing. It's likely the studio will make sure they won't be put in that position again.

Half-interested in Spiderman, hopeful for the Dr. Strange sequel and extremely on the fence for the fourth Thor.

PS: Imagine what a Marvel mararthon'll look like, say, fifteen years from now.
sT0dpG6.jpg

sol_bad

If the next big event in 10 years is going to be even bigger than Infinity War and Endgame, as in a massive space battle against multiple worlds or something to that scale. I can imagine Captain Marvel taking the lead as she would know the most about the galaxy/universe. Her character was intentionally unlikable in Endgame and her own movie so obviously her next character arc would involve her becoming more empathetic towards people. We saw the Avengers dislike her at the start of Endgame and after the 5 year gap she was a part of their team and they got along.

Things can change and plans can change. If not Captain Marvel I can see Doctor Strange leading the charge.

Mihos

Gold Member
I am ready for some Galactus and Living Tribunal action.

I am still hyped for Black Widow... The more I hear, the more I like

I like the idea I heard about Doom and Magneto possibly having parallel stories and neither one being just a bad guy

Last edited:

sol_bad

So it looks like we might be getting Kang in Ant-Man 3, if true the stakes are definitely increasing in that franchise.

*EDIT*
And is this the actor that plays Batroc in the start of Winter Soldier on the set of Falcon and the Winter Soldier?
6cj0pEN.jpg

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
So it looks like we might be getting Kang in Ant-Man 3, if true the stakes are definitely increasing in that franchise.

*EDIT*
And is this the actor that plays Batroc in the start of Winter Soldier on the set of Falcon and the Winter Soldier?
6cj0pEN.jpg

Yea Batroc is back.

Trogdor1123

*EDIT*
6cj0pEN.jpg
GSP!

I'd love to see Kang in the show. Would lead in lots of good stories. They could use the time travel equipment from endgame for Kang.

Tesseract

Banned

*EDIT*
6cj0pEN.jpg
gsp looking strong as always, good to see

Last edited:

sol_bad

Well, he was heavily implied in iron man 2 and 3 as I recall and he is the bad guy in one coming up so it makes sense to not make him a one and done.

He'll be in Shang Chi.
Mandarin has been a dangling thread since Iron Man 3 and Marvel haven't figured out what to do with him. He could still be a one and done villain.

TonyK

During the past few months my wife and me watched all MCU movies in chronological order from Captain America to Endgame... with my 7 years old son. It has been AMAZING to live them again through his eyes.

sol_bad

I might be doing a full watch before Black Widow comes out. My sisters boyfriend hasn't seen them. This will be my 4th MCU watch through.
HAH

Top Bottom