• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT4| Love You $22 Billion

sol_bad

How is black panther now going forwards without the main actor?

His sister has taken up the mantle in the comics but no one knows what will happen in the films. Shuri does seen to have quite a little fantasy though.
Ryan Coogler might completely drop out for all we know. He has probable been writing the script around Chadwick.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
What'd you all think of Spider-Man Far From Home? I have a strong distaste for it, despite loving Homecoming and all other MCU Spider-Man appearances. I think my main issue was with the script. Exposition, silly antics on the bus that didn't click with me, and a lack of hardship for Peter, compared to, say, the Raimi films. I'm hoping that the third film is a big improvement.

CalmYe

Neo Member
What'd you all think of Spider-Man Far From Home? I have a strong distaste for it, despite loving Homecoming and all other MCU Spider-Man appearances. I think my main issue was with the script. Exposition, silly antics on the bus that didn't click with me, and a lack of hardship for Peter, compared to, say, the Raimi films. I'm hoping that the third film is a big improvement.
I loved it a lot. Something new afterall. I don't know why but it felt like a comicbook annual to me. A special edition involving the hero going to a different country. People say the humor was bad but I personally had no issues with it. I think Peter has already experienced a lot and Spider-Man doesn't have to be depressed in each one like the Raimi films.

sol_bad

I liked it.
As for hardships, I'm pretty sure he has learnt not to be too trusting since Mysterio managed to have him run over by a speeding train.
The MCU films certainly have their dower moments but overall they are meant to be much more fun films which isn't a bad thing. I agree that Raimi Spidey 2 is still the best Spidey film but those films also had their fair share of silly moments.

In other MCU news.

It's official that Hailee Steinfeld of Kate Bishop. Florence Pugh will also return as her character from Black Widow.
The Swordsman will also be in the show, in the comics he actually trained Hawkeye.

Kev Kev

I don't think I'm alone in not being very hyped for Phase 4. Endgame was a pretty good culmination of everything Marvel up to that point and felt like a pretty satisfying "ending" to me personally.

I guess there is still a while yet for the Black Widow advertising to really ramp up though.
i think everyone feels that way

but why end the fun now? it feels like they are starting a whole new chapter and some of the movies look like they are going to be interesting and fun. maybe some new stars will rise out of them and people will lock onto new favorite superheros. as long as they movies keep the same quality, it looks like its going to be pretty great.

of course, im already prepared for the incoming shit storm people will create just bc it isnt "like the old MCU".... so theres that... but what can you do. some people just dont really want to be entertained

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I just want to see how the X-men will fit in. I'm a huge fan and I wish we could have seen a Hugh Jackman Wolverine in the mcu. I think the X-men can breathe some fresh air into the mcu. I'd love to see them bring some of the current shit in like the mutant island of Krakoa.

sol_bad

Man. Hailee Steinfeld looking damn good as Hawkeye!

dBawexr.jpg

8tPzDlE.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
Man. Hailee Steinfeld looking damn good as Hawkeye!

dBawexr.jpg

8tPzDlE.jpg

Yea I said she was cast back in July.

Then had to spend months of people calling me a liar. Then those same assholes who were calling me a liar and that she wouldn't be Kate Bishop led a witch hunt cancel mob to shut down my site right before her casting was confirmed. So fuck all of them.

sol_bad

Yea I said she was cast back in July.

Then had to spend months of people calling me a liar. Then those same assholes who were calling me a liar and that she wouldn't be Kate Bishop led a witch hunt cancel mob to shut down my site right before her casting was confirmed. So fuck all of them.

I agree with you, fuck anyone that tries to cancel anyone. It's ridiculous and gross if you ask me.

Cocksman

Can we talk rumors in here? Anyway saw on Reddit that Charlie Cox has signed a deal with Marvel Studios. The show isn’t coming back but he’ll play the MCU’s Matt Murdock . 🤷‍♂️ Possibly in Spidey 3

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Can we talk rumors in here? Anyway saw on Reddit that Charlie Cox has signed a deal with Marvel Studios. The show isn’t coming back but he’ll play the MCU’s Matt Murdock . 🤷‍♂️ Possibly in Spidey 3

It’s not a rumor. I posted it on my site over a year ago. It was always the plan to use him in SM3.

Archive of the post:

Last edited:

Cocksman

It’s not a rumor. I posted it on my site over a year ago. It was always the plan to use him in SM3.

oh really? That’s cool. I always thought Feige would use DD in his sandbox as soon as he could , I figured he’d wanna start clean and recast though . Good for Charlie Cox!

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
oh really? That’s cool. I always thought Feige would use DD in his sandbox as soon as he could , I figured he’d wanna start clean and recast though . Good for Charlie Cox!

Nah Feige apparently liked Cox and Ritter and would use them if they ever needed those characters.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually glad the MCU got delayed for this year... although we did lose a King, RIP mr Boseman. Anyway, at least now we got a glimpse of the Multiverse mayhem including past actors who are returning even if they are temporary. This is going to be a fan service that I'll be happy to binge.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Lots of stuff being announced today. 1:30pm Pacific. It's four hours long. A ton of new Marvel and Star Wars stuff during their Disney+ investors day.

Mihos

Gold Member
I am so ready for the MCU to come back. I understand why they want to hold on to Black Widow for a cinematic release, but it seems like it is holding up so many things.

Just rewatched all 7 Spiderman movies recently. Raimi movies have the best plainclothes Peter Parker, MCU ones have the best suited up Spiderman action. MCU Peter goofing around with his classmates is not fun to watch but the actual Spiderman scenes in the movie are the best we've seen

sol_bad

I always imagined they'd be out next year since they are already shooting. Both shows probably already have multiple episodes in the can and have started post production. More than enough time for editing, CGI and composition.

Hawkeye is set in the 5 year gap, we already know that. It's inspired by the Fraction run of comics. They can easily do this as Clint has no family after the snap. I'm really curious as to how he goes from doing adventuring with Kate Bishop to going on a murdering spree in Japan.

Jethalal

Banned
I always imagined they'd be out next year since they are already shooting. Both shows probably already have multiple episodes in the can and have started post production. More than enough time for editing, CGI and composition.

Hawkeye is set in the 5 year gap, we already know that. It's inspired by the Fraction run of comics. They can easily do this as Clint has no family after the snap. I'm really curious as to how he goes from doing adventuring with Kate Bishop to going on a murdering spree in Japan.
I think there are flashbacks from the 5 yr. period otherwise it's mostly set after the blip. Set photos showed Hawkeye's family running with him which isn't possible if it was set in 5 yr. gap as they were dead and Hawkeye even visited an ear clinic in one of the photos hinting him going deaf, which again would've been referenced in Endgame had it been set in the gap.

Jethalal

Banned

So we might get an announcement on New Year. As it seems to be china-centric, some sort of first look at Shang-Chi or even Eternals (due to the chinese director?) doesn't seems far-fetched.

sol_bad

I think there are flashbacks from the 5 yr. period otherwise it's mostly set after the blip. Set photos showed Hawkeye's family running with him which isn't possible if it was set in 5 yr. gap as they were dead and Hawkeye even visited an ear clinic in one of the photos hinting him going deaf, which again would've been referenced in Endgame had it been set in the gap.
Orrrrrr the family scenes are the flashback scenes. I think the ear clinic photo is just him sitting outside isn't it? So he might not even go in the clinic and might not be deaf.

Jethalal

Banned
Orrrrrr the family scenes are the flashback scenes. I think the ear clinic photo is just him sitting outside isn't it? So he might not even go in the clinic and might not be deaf.
EoV4_H9WMAA74So

The image in the background says Happy New Year 2025 so I believe everything we've seen till now is post-blip.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I really hope going forward that you can watch the new Marvel Movies day one by renting them on Youtube or some site that doesn't require a subscription - just let me pay to rent it. I'm not subscribed to Disney+ or any services.

sol_bad

I really hope going forward that you can watch the new Marvel Movies day one by renting them on Youtube or some site that doesn't require a subscription - just let me pay to rent it. I'm not subscribed to Disney+ or any services.

MCU theatrical releases and Disney+ series will definitely not pop up anywhere else day 1. Disney will want to maintain that possible billion+ at the cinemas for as long as they can. And as for the series, if you could rent them elsewhere, there would be no point to Disney+.

Are you hating the thought of going to the cinemas during the pandemic or do you hate the cinemas in general? If you hate them in general, how come?

Celcius

°Temp. member
MCU theatrical releases and Disney+ series will definitely not pop up anywhere else day 1. Disney will want to maintain that possible billion+ at the cinemas for as long as they can. And as for the series, if you could rent them elsewhere, there would be no point to Disney+.

Are you hating the thought of going to the cinemas during the pandemic or do you hate the cinemas in general? If you hate them in general, how come?
Before the pandemic I used to love going to theaters. It's going to be a long time before I back though, given the current state of the world.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jethalal Jethalal turns out Chloe Zhao is writing Eternals. Makes me even more interested.

Well, the final writer. Marvel had the Firpo brothers writing it initially, but apparently their script wasn't even final when Zhao started filming the movie (the Black Knight costume wasn't even designed when Kit filmed his scenes).

sol_bad

Well, the final writer. Marvel had the Firpo brothers writing it initially, but apparently their script wasn't even final when Zhao started filming the movie (the Black Knight costume wasn't even designed when Kit filmed his scenes).

I guess that means Kits outfit will be CGI like the suits in Endgame. As long as it looks as good as the Endgame suits and not bad like end of Black Panther suits it's fine. While watching Endgame I totally forgot about the on set photos and how they were wearing the tracking suits, they looked real on screen.
Obviously Kits suit will be metallic though ....... if they are going for an actual Knights suit. I've read the first 4-5 issues that the Black Knight appears in so really interested in how the feck they'll introduce him in the MCU.

Top Bottom