• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

The pricing on Wolvie's uniform is shady. Higher, but for no reason this time.

Honestly, is anyone going to have the bios sitting around for 6* QS, Cable, SW and then Apoc too? I'd love to rush through for Apoc but chances are I'm going to be stuck half way through leveling SW anyway.

These guys are all going to be the long term slow grind.

I have more than enough bios for all four actually. Mind you, I'd rather not resort to using up bios for non-farmable characters.

Oh god I don't even have cable unlocked yet.
13500 crystals to unlock Apoc, ha.

I am in desperate need of 100s of bios. What's the most efficient way to farm them?

Either of the new unis worth picking up? Can only afford one, probably go for Wolvie.

FeD.nL

So with the Uni sale going on I've got my eye on a couple of them:

Cap Marvel Now
Anti-Venom
Vulture
Yellowjacket

Which one should I get for a T1 character (Spidey is going to be the next T2 so this character is probably going to be T1 for at least another month).

Yeah, bios are the big hurdle here. My QS is 56 and Cable 54, and I’m already hurting, without having even unlocked SW. I think I’m going to unlock SW and Apoc naturally. I’d rather keep the crystals for unis.

The part where I’m unclear in my strategy going forward is what I’m going to do with bio selectors, if I will feed them to Native T2s or if I’ll focus on getting more characters to 20/20/20/20 to fill my T2 funnel.

And yeah, Wolverine’s 1050 uni is super dodgy. Feels like a wolverine tax.

Oh god I don't even have cable unlocked yet.
13500 crystals to unlock Apoc, ha.

I am in desperate need of 100s of bios. What's the most efficient way to farm them?
Besides Arena Battle and Villain Siege, which are daily freebies, and your weekly SL, it depends on how you define efficiency:
- if time doesn’t matter and you want to save on energy and clear tickets, WBI is the way to go. It’s a numbers game but if you play it 10 or 15 times a day, you’ll accrue more bios than any other way IMO.
- if you want a quick method and don’t care too much about energy and tickets, I’d say your 40 daily tracking missions are pretty efficient (that’s 40 bios for 40 tickets and 120-160 energy). You won’t be getting a lot of gold and mats that way, though.
- there’s also capped modes like Memory missions (~9 bios for 3 tickets and 27-36 energy) and the 2 daily Magneto missions, but they have a low cap. You should always run these tbh.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yeah, that’s a month assuming you clear all your WB stages with 90%+ health. I don’t know how hard this is tbh. Like I probably already do it with Jean, Sharon, Strange or Wolverine without noticing.

The real roadblock isn't the WB requirement it's the hidden stages, especially since they just had people blow through their hidden tickets unlocking cable and scarlet witch.

The part where I’m unclear in my strategy going forward is what I’m going to do with bio selectors, if I will feed them to Native T2s or if I’ll focus on getting more characters to 20/20/20/20 to fill my T2 funnel.

Same. I'd been wanting to get every character to 6 stars but then I spent TONS of bios levelling Jean and Odin, and now I still have 30 or so characters that aren't at 6 stars yet.

Sinatar

Ok Wolverine's uniform is trash, save your crystals.

Costs more then normal but still gives the same 10% boost of regular unis, the new 3rd skill is awful and is harder to cancel making him more vulnerable and the changed 5th skill now has a long recovery at the end of it so it seems worse too.

Costs more then normal but still gives the same 10% boost of regular unis, the new 3rd skill is awful and is harder to cancel making him more vulnerable and the changed 5th skill now has a long recovery at the end of it so it seems worse too.

holding out for X-Force or tank top costume.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Too late for me.

I'm gonna need a bunch of hidden tickets for apocalypse, I have none. What's the best way to get them, just buy them?

Too late for me.

I'm gonna need a bunch of hidden tickets for apocalypse, I have none. What's the best way to get them, just buy them?

I wonder what costs more, the crystals you'd spend buying enough hidden tickets, or the amount of crystals needed to skip that requirement?

The Kree

Banned
Honestly, is anyone going to have the bios sitting around for 6* QS, Cable, SW and then Apoc too? I'd love to rush through for Apoc but chances are I'm going to be stuck half way through leveling SW anyway.

These guys are all going to be the long term slow grind.

I've got a lot saved up since maxing Cho and Kate and Hellstorm since the game kept throwing their bios at us every day. Plus farming bios would be trivial for me since I have 2300 Energy stored. I can just click down the roster and be good.

Too late for me.

Just keep doing your special missions for the month and then buy hidden tickets if you need at the very end to finish off what you have left. You just need to get three routes most days throughout the month. Also the login event is giving us some as well.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just keep doing your special missions for the month and then buy hidden tickets if you need at the very end to finish off what you have left. You just need to get three routes most days throughout the month. Also the login event is giving us some as well.

Ah, that's true, thanks.

Due to ranking up Cable, Scarlet Witch, and combining BAM, I'm back to being poor all the time. :(

The Kree

Banned
The pricing on Wolverine's uniform is exploitative. They're inevitably gonna do the same thing with Deadpool if he ever shows up.

Somewhat disappointing to see, but it seems from early videos that Apocalypse isn't super strong. He feels like how Odin did when he was released, since everyone was comparing him to Dr. Strange. Damage isn't as ridiculous as you'd hope (even with his summons, he struggles against WBU SuGi), and he helplessly melts in TL to the likes of Jean. Makes the month wait easier.

Just watched a whale stream unlocking and subsequently maxing out Apocalypse. It's surreal just watching them throw crystals and six of those X-Men upgrade packs at the character like it's nothing. I'm glad there are players like this around to keep the game going for the rest of us. This is what their bio count looks like (and yes, it's roughly the same numbers all the way down the cast, excluding bio-sub guys).

ef3c1202-3287-4b0f-ade1-f628d031a13d.png

Would Deadpool really be native T2?

If they made Wolverine T2, they'll make Deadpool T2 as well. It would help keep his legion of fans invested in the game for sure. On the balance side of things, speed needs all the natives it can get.

Holy crap, these whale numbers. I’m a guy who’s happy when he’s accrued 150 bios on a character to blow them on a native T2 lol.

I guess Apoc being not super strong makes it easier to be patient. Regardless of how he compares to other high cost T2s, the benchmark for me is that he should at the very least be the strongest combat villain, better than Carnage, and a top combat character, somewhere between Agent Venom and Wolverine.

(Today’s WBI challenge is terrible, most fights don’t last long enough and there’s little incentive to make them last)

Sinatar

(Today’s WBI challenge is terrible, most fights don’t last long enough and there’s little incentive to make them last)

I lucked out and found 2 guys with the same idea as me. All 3 of us ran in circles around the room avoiding the boss until we triggered 3 coop attacks, then finally killed the damn thing.

I lucked out and found 2 guys with the same idea as me. All 3 of us ran in circles around the room avoiding the boss until we triggered 3 coop attacks, then finally killed the damn thing.
Every time I’ve tried that, the others would just go all in.
Then again, even when the bonus is for “less than 3 male characters”, there’s always an asshole who joins with a male only team.

I'm pissed off that I missed out on my 25 crystals because of idiots in WBI.

The WBI boss changes within each day's reset period, so it's good practice to see if WBI is one of your dailies and then do it when the boss with easier clear requirement is up. Though they should really just change it to just beating WBI once, regardless of getting the bonus.

The Kree

Banned
After this weekly event I'm gonna have about a thousand bios sitting in my inbox and nobody I want to build.

I guess I could give them to a few characters for Tier 2 advancement, but I'll never have the rainbow stones to do more than one every couple months anyway. I wish I could give them to Vulture. Is destroyer of any use in Shadowland?

Or maybe I'll build up Hulk in case they decide to buff him for Ragnarok.

Mrcapcom

Or maybe I'll build up Hulk in case they decide to buff him for Ragnarok.

Thats what I was thinking of too. My Hulk just needs to be T2.

I already have QS should I just focus on him daily and forget Cable for right now? I can't do the times challenges for him and I can 5/5 WB. I'm thinking just do the WB stages that give extra items daily and use the BAM from that to 6 star QS. Or should I focus on one of the Black order guys?

Man, with all these ongoing events (Spend money, Civil War and the Moon Knight shop because what), that title screen is a Christmas tree. The rewards all feed into each other so much that I’m starting to lose the plot. The bottom line is that we’re getting free stuff. The 10 daily hidden tickets from the event shop are probably the best deal there.

This week’s TL is so constrained that I just noticed I was sitting at 43% after autorunning a SK Venom, Spider-Man and (level 56) QS team.

(Just saw a trailer for the Age of Apocalypse event in Marvel Heroes, I want that Jean uni in FF! And I’m going to play some Omega this week-end)

I can barely break 100K with Dormammu. I don't understand how people do those kinds of numbers.

I'm along the same lines with him and Strange. What shocked me was that my Quicksilver is 55/6/6 with no ISO or Ob, yet he hit 85k. T2 A1/T2 Coulson/Jean does 150k+ easily though.

Alo0oy

Banned
The Civil War rewards are useless, I can't believe they're doing a 10-day event where you get less rewards than from your dailies.

Alo0oy

Banned
Eh, you get stuff for the things you're already doing. It's literally all gravy.

You can get 200k/300k from a single daily mission run, and the 5/10 bios you get is the equivalent of the free daily chest. I guess the growth ISO is useful, but they could have given out more.

----------------

Anyway, I'm really sick of WBs interrupting my skills with their cutscenes, they mess up the whole flow of the combat, and doing that every 5-10 seconds is grating.

The Kree

Banned
I have like twelve thousand unused clear tickets. Every time I see them in my inbox it's like they're giving me the middle finger.

The Kree

Banned
I've been playing the game since launch and I can't remember a time when I didn't have them in excess. I'm not sure what I'm doing different from anyone else.

Maybe It's because I didn't waste time farming Hawkeye and MODOK bios. LOL

Got SW to 6* 17/15/15/15 yesterday and said goodbye to all my spare bios, all my bam, just about all my chaos Norns and I'm back down to 40 million gold. Lowest in probably 12 months lol

Apoc is definitely going to be a super long term thing for me with bios. I've played since a few weeks after launch so I don't know how some of you are still sitting on an abundance.

Maybe it's because I have everyone maxed at 6* 20/20/20/20 though. No hoarding for me.

I just run it on auto every day and pick up my 120 crystals every week.
This.
Worst mode in the game by far and I can't even stand to watch it but crystals are crystals.

Floor 27 is REALLY hard even with Strange and Sharon.

I find the reason for that is because the enemies move around a lot. I save T2 Spidey for it to keep them in place while I mash out Strange’s rotation. Another web character could work too if you can’t spare Spidey till that stage.

I have fallen into the weird situation where gold is limiting me from advancing. I believe I have more than enough BAM to finish the Doctor Strange quest, but not enough gold to fuse in all into Rank 6. I never foresaw this problem as I always had huge gold resources, and not enough to spend it on

It looks like I can farm about 4-5 million daily, so it is not bad, but getting stuck which such an abundant resource is weird

I have fallen into the weird situation where gold is limiting me from advancing. I believe I have more than enough BAM to finish the Doctor Strange quest, but not enough gold to fuse in all into Rank 6. I never foresaw this problem as I always had huge gold resources, and not enough to spend it on

It looks like I can farm about 4-5 million daily, so it is not bad, but getting stuck which such an abundant resource is weird

It's not that weird. Native T2 characters take a SHITLOAD of gold to max. I spent like 3 million gold just raising Wolverine's Gear 1 from 19-20 not long ago. Gold is a pretty big barrier for progression especially now when we have multiple new Native T2 characters to progress. I had to put Odin on hold because I want Scarlet Witch ASAP and didn't have enough bios/gold saved up to max out Quicksilver and Cable even though I had plenty of BAM/Phoenix Feathers.

Sinatar

Welcome to the late game of Marvel Future fight where Gold and Gear Up Kits will become your bane.

Top Bottom