• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

How many event tokens should I have by now?
Feel like I missed some, I have 600 total.

Feeling ready for the new guys, I have 4500 BAM, 75 million gold, 4700 chaos Norns, 2000 Phoenix feathers, 1300 Mkraan crystals... the one thing I'm sorely lacking atm is spare bios.

Infinity Thanos is really tough unless you got some top tier characters. For example, my 5 kills today were with Wolverine, Dr. Strange, Dormammu, Enchantress and Agent Venom.
Right now my only 6* are Giant-Man, Ghost Rider and Storm. I'm trying to get Sharon Rogers to 6* since I heard she's pretty good
FWIW, we're pretty close to hitting level 8 on the alliance store, which lets you buy 20 BAM level 1 every day. No idea how much it will cost, though. That might help a little if gold isn't too much of an issue.
omg that would be great

Drayco21

* ‘QUICKSILVER', ‘SCARLET WITCH', ‘CABLE' are only available to acquire in new World Boss Stage.
* The Way of leveling up & upgrading for ‘QUICKSILVER', ‘SCARLET WITCH' is the same with Current World Boss.
* The Way of leveling up & upgrading for ”CABLE" is the same with ”Jean Grey"

Fuck off

New World Boss Stages are available to play after clearing all the specific missions per World Boss Stage. By clicking the ”UNLOCK" button, you can check the conditions to unlock it.

Instead of a time limit, Dimension Rift and Special Missions will now have a limited number of entry.

Fuck oooooofffffffffff

Of all the bad things I am reading, this is a solid great change

R6RwIqa.png

So it seems Quicksilver will indeed be our first Native T2 Speed character. Kinda bummed that Apocalypse got held off for now. Seems they're splitting this new set of World Bosses much like they did the original over two updates. Bodes well for the likes of Archangel and Iceman though I guess.

Though now I'm wondering if this means we'll get part 2 of this update in a few weeks to fill the gap until the Thor one late October, or if this will be the focus of the next update and a few unis will be the extent of the Ragnarok tie-in. Really hoping for the former.

Of all the bad things I am reading, this is a solid great change

R6RwIqa.png

Yeah, this will be really nice.

Edit: Someone noticed that Apocalypse is shown as combat in this picture. Carnage's reign will soon be coming to an end. You did good my man, you did good. o7

t3_6zlgce

I guess we won't be unlocking these new characters for the next two weeks (I assume you get a bio each time you clear a stage and you get 5 tries a week).
I guess I'm putting Odin on hold for now.
Also, I hope these native T2s use resources like regular BO members, but I'm not holding my breath (I expect Cable to work exactly like Jean).

Checking the unis, I'm glad they didn't mess with Cyclops too much as I love his move set. Beast could work really well in Wolverine-centric setups.

How many event tokens should I have by now?
Feel like I missed some, I have 600 total.
Yeah, I'm at 640. There were a couple of days where I almost forgot to click the get button on my last daily rewards, despite having done the challenge. I guess that's what happened to you.

I guess we won't be unlocking these new characters for the next two weeks (I assume you get a bio each time you clear a stage and you get 5 tries a week).
I guess I'm putting Odin on hold for now.
Also, I hope these native T2s use resources like regular BO members, but I'm not holding my breath (I expect Cable to work exactly like Jean).

Well you can choose which WBs you want to run each day now, so you can focus on QS or SW only till you unlock them. The notes also mention that QS and SW will use BAM and CNS to rank while Cable will use Feathers and Crystals.

Well you can choose which WBs you want to run each day now, so you can focus on QS or SW only till you unlock them. The notes also mention that QS and SW will use BAM and CNS to rank while Cable will use Feathers and Crystals.
Yeah, I saw that. I was more wondering about the quantity of materials required (i.e. ~3000 bios total vs ~6000). I expect 6k to be the new standard tbh.

Yeah, I saw that. I was more wondering about the quantity of materials required (i.e. ~3000 bios total vs ~6000). I expect 6k to be the new standard tbh.

Ah. Well in that regard I actually expect them to be 3000 bio cost characters. Given that we're getting three in one update, and presumably a couple more next time, my guess is that Apocalypse is the only high-cost one. These characters aren't exactly Dormammu or Phoenix level characters to justify those costs.

I actually interpreted the notes as saying the twins will use BAM/CNS at the same cost of the BO while Cable uses Feathers/MC at the same cost Jean does.

I hope I'm wrong, because Cable will be a gigantic timesink if so.

Instead of a time limit, Dimension Rift and Special Missions will now have a limited number of entry.
Oh COME ON! STOP LIMITING MY GRIND CAPABILITIES!

Special Mission - 20 entries per day, and you can use your Crystals for additional entries
Dimension rift – Up to 30 entries per 1 opened Dimension Rift can be entered.
OH... that... that actually is a net gain for me O_O.

It usually takes me ~2min per special run after factoring in load times, sometimes longer if the orange circle rears it's ugly head. Rifts at 2* are super fast though, but loading probably still makes it a net gain for me, not 100% sure.

※ Please note that even if you stop the Special Mission / Dimension Rift halfway through the stage, the number of possible entries will still be deducted!
Our game crashed on ya? TOO BAD!

I actually like the change in Special missions. For some reason, I average 14-15 runs a day in autorun.

Also, checking the new chars in detail, Wanda looks designed to take down WBU Super Giant. On paper, she kind of looks like an offensive AO.

FeD.nL

So I've been playing the game for a couple of months now, made the mistake of making Thor my first T2 (but favourite character and all that).

Which epic quest should I focus on? I'm basically splitting resources between strange en x-men atm but I have the feeling I'm doing it wrong. And is there a GAF alliance?

Tomorrow Ima waste so much energy waiting for the patch and not running anything. Don't wanna get locked out of progress for the stupid new wb unlock system.

So glad I've been stockpiling bam/cns. I had to really use self-control not to blow it all on something silly.

I'm honestly digging the special mission/dimension rift changes. I can only get about 15 runs no matter who I use in Special Mode so 20 is perfectly fine. And the 30 runs of dimension rift is a little lower than what I average on any stage except Giant Man. Thirty runs in slower stages like Ronan is going to be great! Also, since you don't get uni exp for running dimension rifts, I'm going to insta-clear ticket the hell out of them!

And finally! A "hot time" button! Hopefully points aren't depleted too fast but this will help immensely on days where I want to get my grinding done early without having to wait around until the evening.

Fair bit of meh in this patch again.

Disappointing not too have Apoc tomorrow. How long has it been since the art and hint at E3 or whatever show it was?

Makes me wonder now if it's going to be worth blowing all my saved mats on Cable/SW/QS if Apoc is out in a few weeks or whatever too..

At least we can spend Tokens on something useful now. One good aspect to come from this patch.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've noticed that Wanda is our first strong character to have a focus on Mind Damage specifically, woulda have thought it Mantis, but alas. Time to raise a good Custom Gear for her!

Making it so that you dont' have to waste Anti-Web gears on Spider characters, so that they can fight OTHER spiders, is a solid change, too. It's a nice way to help make the strength of Spider-Man in Alliance Conquest a bit more counterable, without messing up ones setups otherwise.

A lot of the changes sound pretty smart, and sound like a good way to shift with the growing demands of the game, and the larger stock of characters. Being able to rush a specific world boss to be able to unlock them is a good early game change. And being able to choose who one fights will helps those who've had issues with the new World Boss daily missions. As will the beginner mode.

The new converter sounds pretty interesting. Being able to select the items you have an abundance of, to get a load of something else? Not bad, not bad. Will have to see how it works in practice, though.

It'd have somewhat been nice to get everything at once (I want my Rogue Costume, she's been one of my faves to play from the X-men Update), but this is surely a decent amount to play around with for now.

I've noticed that Wanda is our first strong character to have a focus on Mind Damage specifically, woulda have thought it Mantis, but alas. Time to raise a good Custom Gear for her!

Don't forget about poor Supergiant.

Making it so that you dont' have to waste Anti-Web gears on Spider characters, so that they can fight OTHER spiders, is a solid change, too. It's a nice way to help make the strength of Spider-Man in Alliance Conquest a bit more counterable, without messing up ones setups otherwise.

Actually, all they did was move the web immunity from their 4* passive to their ability trait. Only SM2099 and the Superior SM uniform (T1) actually gained it.

I do think it will be fun messing around with the new facets of the game tomorrow. Even if all the brand new stuff is not as great as hoped, the old stuff with a fresh coat of paints seem really nice. It look like it may solve the horrible grinding problems I thought I was stuck in for weeks with BAM supplies.

It'd have somewhat been nice to get everything at once (I want my Rogue Costume, she's been one of my faves to play from the X-men Update), but this is surely a decent amount to play around with for now.

Rogue is my favorite to play out of the X-Men too so far. Storm is a close second. I was so ready for the Rogue costume.

I do think it will be fun messing around with the new facets of the game tomorrow. Even if all the brand new stuff is not as great as hoped, the old stuff with a fresh coat of paints seem really nice. It look like it may solve the horrible grinding problems I thought I was stuck in for weeks with BAM supplies.

I was thinking about you when I saw the World Boss beginner mode and other changes. I'm thinking it should ease the pain a little.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Don't forget about poor Supergiant.

Actually, all they did was move the web immunity from their 4* passive to their ability trait. Only SM2099 and the Superior SM uniform (T1) actually gained it.

Who? XD

And well, you can tell my main focus has been having it on Superior Spidey + The Various Venoms, lol. Also means they get access to no webs earlier, which should be mildly helpful for Low star fillers in AC.

Rogue is my favorite to play out of the X-Men too so far. Storm is a close second. I was so ready for the Rogue costume.

Her kit is just so nice! A great heal to spam, AOE energy ball that hits much better and more consistently than I'd have first expected stays on the move well, and has great "gather" and combo-ability. I was "forced" to take her into Arena for the bonus points, and was happy to see she brought down Dorms and Phoenix's better than the Meta units. She and Beast both seem way better than I'd have expected of them.

I wanna love Storm more, but she keeps feeling like Magneto, but with Less move synergy? I look forward to her getting a fantastic costume one of these days...

I wanna love Storm more, but she keeps feeling like Magneto, but with Less move synergy? I look forward to her getting a fantastic costume one of these days...

Yeah, her style does feel similar to Magneto. Her damage is crazy though. And it's fun to lock down an entire room of mobs with her. I don't use her 2 skill much. Basically start with 4 and spam everything else until the room is dead. Nobody can move. Lol! Great for Loki boss and waves in shadowland.

I hadn't realized, but immediate clear for pretty much every mission type under the sun is a massive game changer and a great QoL addition.

You can also acquire X-Men Characters and Characters from ‘Get 20 Biometrics Daily’.
Hah, I had also missed that.

Difficulty has been adjusted on ‘New Avengers’ Rumble Mode in Shadowland.
lmao. They heard me swearing.

I just saw this mentioned on Reddit, and thought it would be worth mentioning here. For those farming Special Mission right now, you can take advantage of the update to farm even more. You can trigger your 20 minute Unlimited Entry right now, get all you can, and after the update you will still get another 20 entries to use. If you have enough energy, that would be at least 30-35 bios in one day (maybe more if you are speedy) - which is great for any character you are putting work into.

I was thinking about you when I saw the World Boss beginner mode and other changes. I'm thinking it should ease the pain a little.

If these prices are final, you can get 80 CNS daily. Wow.

1sakpb8c4glz.jpg

This image fills me with joy. It is amazing that my one big issue with the game is getting fixed less than a week after I realized it had become an issue. From someone who plays Hearthstone, and waits months for Blizzard to fix little problems, this instant gratification is too much!

Buying CNS with chaos tokens will be a nice change from Lash bios to feed native T2s.

I just saw this mentioned on Reddit, and thought it would be worth mentioning here. For those farming Special Mission right now, you can take advantage of the update to farm even more. You can trigger you 20 minute Unlimited Entry right now, get all you can, and after the update you will still get another 20 entries to use. If you have enough energy, that would be at least 30-35 bios in one day (maybe more if you are speedy) - which is great for any character you are putting work into.
Nice find. I guess that's one upside of being on GMT. I saw people earlier mentioning they were waiting for the update to do their daily routine, but didn't see myself doing WB tomorrow during my work day. At least I can get these 20 Special missions.

It's not so much that they will be reset that they'll be moving to a new system, so it kind of makes sense that moving from apples to oranges, you can have both. I don't believe that's true of any other kind of game system, though.

I wonder how dimension rift sharing is going to work now. So, once you open your rift, I guess it will just stay open until reset since there are no more timers?

I wonder how dimension rift sharing is going to work now. So, once you open your rift, I guess it will just stay open until reset since there are no more timers?

Been wondering about that. How will the rewards be handed out? With instant clearing, rifts will hit 100% super fast, not allowing people to jump in.

Been wondering about that. How will the rewards be handed out? With instant clearing, rifts will hit 100% super fast, not allowing people to jump in.

Yup! I hope they have some sort of adjustment ready to make it work, but it seems like they would have mentioned it in the patch notes if they did...

These WB stage unlock conditions are killing me. The critical path looks like:
- Unlock QS: beat 30 WB stages (5 times each BO). That's 6 days.
- Unlock Cable: clear QS stage 70 times. That's another 14 days.
- Unlock SW: clear the Cable stage with QS 15 times. That's another 15 stages as you can't use the character several times a day.

Unless I'm missing something, either you'll be using crystals to clear the most egregious conditions or you'll be unlocking SW after the next update.

I saw those unlocks you mentioned but backed out quickly before I got overwhelmed. That seems soooooo above me it is scary.

I did spend almost 10,000 Chaos Tokens on Chaos Norms and Black Anti Matter, and it felt good.

It also feels good not to panic my way trying to rush through as many Special Missions as possible in 20 minutes.

The QOL stuff is a huge improvement for mid level players, but I guess the high level grind has some issues

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man some of these unlock requirements are insane.

Beat Quicksilver and Cable's stages in less then 15 seconds? This is with them having stealth fixed the Coulson bug with the patch too.

Good freaking luck unless you have a full built Jean Grey.

The new Loki Secret Story Mission seem decent...

You spend 1500 crystals to get 280 BAM, 420 Chaos Norns, and 350 Loki Bios over the course of 14 days. I am sitting on about 5,000 I use for nothing right now....

I won't buy anything yet, as I always want to find the best use for those, The only way I earn them is the Stark Pack, and getting random characters to 50 and 60. Luckily a lot of 50s are coming in recently!

Malyse

They certainly changed the UI a lot. Also, thanks for making the free chest all 1* characters so it's completely useless instead of mostly useless.
And Special Missions are a flat 20 runs, instead of however many you could do in the time limit (I could do more than 20)
Dimension Rift had a 30 minute time limit and a 30 Entry limit. That's just fucking asinine.

Top Bottom