• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

Toki767

So unless I spend money, or buy one of the 3 250 ES heroes, I'm going to be stuck at level 10 until Tuesday?

Can't believe they screwed up an early start beta.

Anyone have an answer to this?

You don't. G's are only bought with money. They occasionally give out random costume boxes on PC, and sometimes one for an anniversary event. They're also a super rare drop from Shield boxes and scrolls during certain events. But for the most part costumes can only be bought.

Inviusx

Anyone tried the local coop? I'm hoping to play this with my girlfriend, we both play a lot of local D3 on PS4.

Any impressions so far?

Anyone tried the local coop? I'm hoping to play this with my girlfriend, we both play a lot of local D3 on PS4.

Any impressions so far?

I've played it for a couple of hours with my wife. It plays great and the second player can get trophies (she hates games that don't give it to the second player). Everything in the game is saved to the first player's account, meaning that you share currency and inventory.

We ended up spending the $10 so she could unlock her own character without being stuck at level 10 or having to grind for hours. $10 for hours of co-op is well worth it in my view.

Hellers

Are the characters I create now not going to get wiped? I was in the closed beta but didn't want to play much. Now I see I've started again. Is this like a head start for the open beta on the 23rd?

Issues with Gaz aside this plays surprisingly well when compared to the PC version

Are the characters I create now not going to get wiped? I was in the closed beta but didn't want to play much. Now I see I've started again. Is this like a head start for the open beta on the 23rd?

Issues with Gaz aside this plays surprisingly well when compared to the PC version

No more wipes, you're good to go.

As most of us probably expected, the PC version is super dead. <1k average players last month. https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/321725/steam-avg-player-numbers#latest

As much as I want them to fix it up (still, yes), I don't see them recovering from this. What could they even do? They already launched the BUE, which clearly was a half-step, yet it was advertised literally as the Biggest Update Ever. Will people come back if they do it again, but like, No For Real This Time? Fool me once...

As most of us probably expected, the PC version is super dead. <1k average players last month. https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/321725/steam-avg-player-numbers#latest

As much as I want them to fix it up (still, yes), I don't see them recovering from this. What could they even do? They already launched the BUE, which clearly was a half-step, yet it was advertised literally as the Biggest Update Ever. Will people come back if they do it again, but like, No For Real This Time? Fool me once...

I wonder if the console version is launching with so much missing because they had to launch it as-is or they would have to close up shop. Because that looks dire.

I wonder if the console version is launching with so much missing because they had to launch it as-is or they would have to close up shop. Because that looks dire.

I think that's intentional because this way they have a long roadmap for content they can roll out that's basically already made. Which is honestly smart, since this game is new to most console players it wouldn't make sense to roll out all 60 or w/e heroes right away. But it definitely seems like the BUE was just to beta-test the new talent trees and powerset for consoles, and if it doesn't do well I think it's probably lights out for Gaz unless they have some huge revenue stream I'm not aware of.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Im not defending it since, hell even the hardcore defenders like me, dec or queen are saying they are really done this time around, but I dont think the steam version was ever their highest source of players.

Im not defending it since, hell even the hardcore defenders like me, dec or queen are saying they are really done this time around, but I dont think the steam version was ever their highest source of players.

It was. Aorund 80% of time played was on the Steam version. I don't have the source on hand but it was legit and based on developer comments iirc. So even if we're applying an extremely generous margin and say they had 1300 players peak that's still not great. And the numbers are likely gonna keep dropping for the foreseeable future.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It was. Aorund 80% of time played was on the Steam version. I don't have the source on hand but it was legit and based on developer comments iirc. So even if we're applying an extremely generous margin and say they had 1300 players peak that's still not great. And the numbers are likely gonna keep dropping for the foreseeable future.

I thought I read it wasnt. Welp, I mean the signs were there for months if not years now, let's nit act surprised. Its been going through the same motions as any dying mmo in the last 10 years.

Drayco21

If they hadn't fucked up four years ago and made Beta Ray Bill a playable character in the first place, we wouldn't be having these problems right now.

Never forget.

Is death working as intended in the PS4 beta? On the menu, it says that you will have to be revived by a teammate or respawn at the last waypoint. While actually playing, death just causes a 10 sec timer to start, and then it lets you respawn right back at your corpse.

Is death working as intended in the PS4 beta? On the menu, it says that you will have to be revived by a teammate or respawn at the last waypoint. While actually playing, death just causes a 10 sec timer to start, and then it lets you respawn right back at your corpse.

I don't know but you're better off asking in this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1358162& which serves as the defacto OT for the console version.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's a shame that the PC version found itself in this death by a thousand cuts situation. Just a steady stream of individually manageable issues and gripes eventually hit critical mass and everyone stops playing.

But man, releasing the BUE without any kind of loot overhaul was fucking dumb.

It's a shame that the PC version found itself in this death by a thousand cuts situation. Just a steady stream of individually manageable issues and gripes eventually hit critical mass and everyone stops playing.

But man, releasing the BUE without any kind of loot overhaul was fucking dumb.
They did overhaul the loot. They made it worse. They could have left loot exactly the same while pushing the hero changes and it would have been fine. Uniques were fun. Cosmics are boring.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They did overhaul the loot. They made it worse. They could have left loot exactly the same while pushing the hero changes and it would have been fine. Uniques were fun. Cosmics are boring.

They had some changes to how/where loot dropped and turned +skill bonuses into other bonuses, but it wasn't the kind of change the game needed in order to get people interested in getting out there and hunting loot. The BUE needed to launch with some kind of new, fairly major carrot in the item hunt, be it Omega items or something similarly significant. What we got was just slightly better cosmics and artifacts/uniques that aren't different enough for people to really care.

Auraela

Banned
Consoles are gonna face similair fate. They have confirmed already theres no new content and existing content wont be changed in anyway till atleast early next year.

They are just gonna slowly roll out the remaining heroes on console. And by the time consoles are caught up to pc that will probs be when the license is due to expire and if consoles are holding the game together i can see marvel not pulling trigger on renew.

Its my belief thats why they also left so much out of console version so right now they can sell it to new people as a stable game and pull the figures in to show marvel in hopes they renew before then.

Problem is cracks are already showing in this release

Anoregon

Delaying half the characters to release over time on consoles in order to keep people engaged isn't really a bad idea at all, imo. But it can't be the only thing to keep people coming back for 6+ months.

Steiner

Banned
For what it's worth, if anyone wants to go balls-deep on PS4 while the community is hot, I still have a bunch of founders packs up on the BST thread and am open to offers on those. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

ZeoVGM

Banned
So I'm enjoying the little I've played of this. There's a lot of charm but... damn, I feel like a game like this shouldn't run so badly and awkwardly.

It's still a beta so I'm hoping that improves. How is it on PC? Still lots of stutter? What about the awkward giant logo when loading between sections in a single town?

Also, the zoomed in camera angle is terrible. I want to be able to see my character more but it's almost unplayable. I wish they had added more of a third person camera angle for the console version. Nothing crazy, just something lower and almost behind the back so I can, you know, see the enemies.

I don't quite see the point in that zoomed in angle if it's not behind the back.

For what it's worth, if anyone wants to go balls-deep on PS4 while the community is hot, I still have a bunch of founders packs up on the BST thread and am open to offers on those. ¯_(&#12484;)_/¯

Those are US only though right? I've been circling your post for a while but it's my understanding that none of them would unlock access to their respective content on my AUS account.

Can someone please help me understand why Australia and NZ are being shafted so hard with the console version of this game?

Marvel Heroes Omega

Daredevil (Not in Aus, NZ, Russia or Ukraine)
Man Without Fear Costume (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus – Not available in Aus, NZ, Russia or Ukraine)

We were given closed beta access only a few days before it finished with no information or updates as to when it would happen. Only the Spider-Man and War Machine Founder's packs are available. Meaning there is no legitimate means for us to obtain Iron Fist or the Symbiote costume. The smallest amount of Gs we can buy is 2100. The 500 and 1100 G bundles are not available with no information as to when or if they will be.

It's truly a slap in the face, speaking as someone who has supported the PC version from the beginning with the first beta. There was never issues on this scale with different regions.

Is it possible to ask for a refund on my Founder's Pack? I honestly don't have faith in Gazillion given they seem to be largely ignoring the Australian/New Zealand market. Whose to say that in the future this won't continue to happen with new characters and content?

Cracklox

Can someone please help me understand why Australia and NZ are being shafted so hard with the console version of this game?

We were given closed beta access only a few days before it finished with no information or updates as to when it would happen. Only the Spider-Man and War Machine Founder's packs are available. Meaning there is no legitimate means for us to obtain Iron Fist or the Symbiote costume. The smallest amount of Gs we can buy is 2100. The 500 and 1100 G bundles are not available with no information as to when or if they will be.

It's truly a slap in the face, speaking as someone who has supported the PC version from the beginning with the first beta. There was never issues on this scale with different regions.

Is it possible to ask for a refund on my Founder's Pack? I honestly don't have faith in Gazillion given they seem to be largely ignoring the Australian/New Zealand market. Whose to say that in the future this won't continue to happen with new characters and content?

I mean I can understand NZ, Ukraine and Russia. They're all practically the same anyway*. But here is Aus. That's pretty shit

I haven't felt like checking it out on ps4 so far, after way too much time with it on pc, and hearing this sort of stuff doesn't help

*May or may not contain sarcasm

Top Bottom