• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah open beta is essentially when the game launches as far as progress goes. Anything you do, obtain, buy, etc stays yours.

giphy.gif

My ps4 is downloading patch 1.04 now. It adds YouTube streaming and marvelous loot boxes. Says it's 15gb. That's about 30gb of patches in the past 2 days.

8tb external...

schaft0620

Here is my gripe, they won't wipe the game again from open beta to going live however they will not add trophies until the game goes live.

Why launch (essentially) the game now with no trophies so then I have to do everything all over again.

Here is my gripe, they won't wipe the game again from open beta to going live however they will not add trophies until the game goes live.

Why launch (essentially) the game now with no trophies so then I have to do everything all over again.

I thought trophies were in the last patch? 1.03

abundant

400. I think a couple of the characters are 600 now, but most were 400 from what I remember

Well Gazillion decided to raise the prices for every character without adjusting the starting splinters you get for completing the tutorial. So now the roster of heroes you could've picked from at the beginning for free and without grinding went from 32 to 3. Needless to say, people are pissed off at the changes.

Oh and apparently there are costumes like the Planet Hulk costume that can only be acquired from Marvelous Loot Boxes.

Well Gazillion decided to raise the prices for every character without adjusting the starting splinters you get for completing the tutorial. So now the roster of heroes you could've picked from at the beginning for free and without grinding went from 32 to 3. Needless to say, people are pissed off at the changes.
Great way to kill off interest right from the start.

abundant

Great way to kill off interest right from the start.

Most people on their forums expect them to adjust the starting splinters from 400 to 525 soon, because otherwise they're sending the game out to die next week. And in case you were wondering, the 3 you can pick from are Angela, Nova, and Squirrel Girl.

They also lowered the amount of inventory spaces you start with from 50 down to 40. And made expanding them more expensive, which is extra funny given that inventory prices were among the chief complaints in the closed beta.

So is the open beta starting today?

I believe open beta starts May 23rd. "Early Access" to the open beta started today for people in the closed beta.

abundant

They also lowered the amount of inventory spaces you start with from 50 down to 40.

With this, the increase in character costs, and costumes (which were purchasable w/ Gs on the PC) being locked to Marvelous Loot Boxes, pretty much all the good will Gaz got during the closed beta is gone.

With this, the increase in character costs, and costumes (which were purchasable w/ Gs on the PC) being locked to Marvelous Loot Boxes, pretty much all the good will Gaz got during the closed beta is gone.

Gaz squandering goodwill with bad decisions? I'm shocked. This is my shocked face.

Inventory was always 40 to start.

Pretty sure it was 50, but I only played the first couple days. Either way they increased the prices, wrote the patch notes to suggest they were lowering them, then had to go back and edit them once people did the math.

Edit: No, you're right. It was apparently 40 but had words right underneath with bigger font saying 50 expansion slots available, which is probably why I thought that.

Edit2: So they are at least going to bump the tutorial ES up to 525

abundant

Someone from Gaz finally commented about the increase in character price and according to him, the 400 splinters you start out with was an oversight which will more than likely be fixed when the open beta starts next week. If you're in the Early Access, they claim to be looking into a work around.

They also lowered the amount of inventory spaces you start with from 50 down to 40. And made expanding them more expensive, which is extra funny given that inventory prices were among the chief complaints in the closed beta.

I believe open beta starts May 23rd. "Early Access" to the open beta started today for people in the closed beta.
I was in the closed nice!

Here is how I'm going to do this now with these increased splinter costs and inventory price markups. I'm going to play through the game once through story mode with whatever starter character is available, and then this game will be deleted from the hard drive. If Gazillion likes to set up unreasonable paywalls, I can do the same thing, namely how about not spending a single dime now.

schaft0620

Oh and apparently there are costumes like the Planet Hulk costume that can only be acquired from Marvelous Loot Boxes.

Looks like they are trying to fix it.

And finding a resolution for those who were given the 400 Eternity Splinter Amount. Sorry for the inconvenience and updates to comes. (2/2)

https://twitter.com/MarvelHeroes/status/865624387025747968

abundant

Good news for anyone in the Early Access. If you log in this weekend, you'll be gifted 500 eternity splinters. And the fix to the starting splinter cost you're awarded after the tutorial should be up before the Open Beta begins next week.

schaft0620

Good news for anyone in the Early Access. If you log in this weekend, you'll be gifted 500 eternity splinters. And the fix to the starting splinter cost you're awarded after the tutorial should be up before the Open Beta begins next week.

Nice, only 7GB left of my 1.04 patch, hope it moves faster! Can't wait to get in.

Stealthily increasing all the prices? I get that it's F2P and they need to make money, but doing it like this is a sure fire way to throw away the good will accumulated during the closed beta.

Gaz hasn't given a damn about good will for months upon months, why would they start to now?

Top Bottom