• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

What other characters are missing from the PC version?

I'm assuming more costumes?

Not enough bad guys to okay, I want to be goblin, shocker, venom and MF Doom

What other characters are missing from the PC version?

I'm assuming more costumes?

Not enough bad guys to okay, I want to be goblin, shocker, venom and MF Doom

Missing characters basically fall into three categories (Except for Black Bolt and Nick Fury, which is probably a release timing thing, and Vision, which I dunno why):

Fantastic Four
X-Men
Villians

FF will probably never come. Missing X-Men may or may not. Villains will probably get trickled out over time. Doom is probably in the Villain camp since he's everywhere else in the game still.

Someone typed a list a page or two back if you want to see who's not in yet.

ReaperXL7

I don't see why there would be an issue with the rest of the X men characters since there are already a bunch (pretty much the entire main roster)in the game as is. I can see the F4 getting shafted as always, but as long as Silver Surfer still makes it I'll survive.

If Gaz wants this to succeed they need to support it or there will have been no point in bringing it to consoles in the first place.

For people who are new to Marvel Heroes: It's common knowledge that the developer got 'in trouble' with Marvel for doing a promotional event for that terrible Fan4stick movie.

That should give you a good idea of how things roll with this game.

I couldn't find the answer to this, though I think someone said something about it earlier in the thread: I know progress from the closed beta is wiped once the open beta starts, but what carries over from the open beta to the full release? Is it the same thing where everything but Gs is wiped?

Missing characters basically fall into three categories (Except for Black Bolt and Nick Fury, which is probably a release timing thing, and Vision, which I dunno why):

Fantastic Four
X-Men
Villians

FF will probably never come. Missing X-Men may or may not. Villains will probably get trickled out over time. Doom is probably in the Villain camp since he's everywhere else in the game still.

Someone typed a list a page or two back if you want to see who's not in yet.

The fantastic four thing is strictly speculation. yes they were pulled from some of the videos (Ben Grim is still in some of the later ones) and we have confirmation from Asros (one of the higher ranking devs) that Dr Doom WILL be playable in the future. I asked him this question personally and got a response during the debut stream. If they are able to put Doom in the playable list I do not know why they couldn't use the rest of the F4.

For people who are new to Marvel Heroes: It's common knowledge that the developer got 'in trouble' with Marvel for doing a promotional event for that terrible Fan4stick movie.

That should give you a good idea of how things roll with this game.

They were able to promote Wolverine/Old Man Logan just fine though.

They were able to promote Wolverine/Old Man Logan just fine though.

One wonders if there is some spreadsheet at Marvel that tells them which properties and characters are worth supporting (movie rights lost income vs comics rights gained income) or if it's just plain old inconsistency.

Edit: I don't want to just post the bs with Marvel Heroes. I played over 1700 hours of the PC version. This game got its hooks in me, deep. But it also has its drama.

One wonders if there is some spreadsheet at Marvel that tells them which properties and characters are worth supporting (movie rights lost income vs comics rights gained income) or if it's just plain old inconsistency.

Edit: I don't want to just post the bs with Marvel Heroes. I played over 1700 hours of the PC version. This game got its hooks in me, deep. But it also has its drama.

I just think things changed at some point in regards to the properties. Marvel loosening their grip or something. Would definitely be true if X-men/F4 characters make it into MvCI, even if they are DLC characters.

the Gs you spend on characters, will they be wiped when beta is over?

Gs will be returned after the beta.

I couldn't find the answer to this, though I think someone said something about it earlier in the thread: I know progress from the closed beta is wiped once the open beta starts, but what carries over from the open beta to the full release? Is it the same thing where everything but Gs is wiped?

Progress during the open beta is not going to be wiped, to my knowledge. It will be similar to what we experienced with the PC launch. Speculation is the open beta starts May 17th. I'm not going to level up and hardcore until then,

"Will there be an Early Access program?

We have plans for a PlayStation 4 Early Access program, scheduled to begin on near the end of our closed beta. Founder’s Pack purchasers and closed beta participants who purchase Gs will have access to this Early Access window."
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/319175/marvel-heroes-omega-console-q-a

k1t4j

I think I am done for now with the Closed Beta. I had a lot of fun tried several characters and as a completely new person to the game I put together some thoughts on them:

Deadpool
-Fun to play, its a blast to mow down enemies with miniguns, bazookas, decoy bombs.
-Uses no resources, seriously this guy feels so broken. Enter a room, send the decoy, use bazooka and pop canadian devil.... everything is dead.
-He can play melee or ranged but I personally had more fun and feel that a ranged build is more appropriate for him.
-I cleared his heroic trial, with no problem and completed an operation on heroic, the first one, and only died once as i did not know the boss patterns.
-Feels like a ridiculous OP character.
-He is very chatty, always making jokes and makes some of the funniest remarks when near other players.
-His transportation skill is a red scooter.

Blade
-Very cool looking character.
-You need to manage two resources - Ammo and Thirst.
-I think with the different melee and ranged skills they really nailed the Blade archetype and a lot of movies will be recognised if you watched the movies.
-You can build him ranged or melee, I found that he was very "balanced" in the way that both builds seemed very efficient and a blast to play.
-Completed the Heroic trial and the same patrol as I did with dead pool. Did not die and was fairly easy. I used a melee build.
-His transportation skill is a black motorcycle. (I would have liked to see the car from the movies)

Ghost rider
-One of the surprising characters for me.
-Great design, skills look awesome.
-Had tons of fun playing him as a ranged glass cannon with fire skills. You clear rooms fast and feel like a boss doing it. Melee is slower but way more durable, you have life on hit on skills, and the skills where you call in your bike was super nice and crazy.
-I played him the longest, until lv 42 all others until lv 30, because his ranged fire build is just pure joy to play.
-I cleared the heroic operation and the heroic patrol but I had problems managing his mana is hard (at least for me) and if you don't use the chains powers for self healing you are quite squishy.
-His transportation skill is his bike, which leaves behind a fire trail and you can kill most enemies by just riding around :D

Hulk
-"The" surprise of the Beta for me. I wanted to play a strong archetype but Cage was trash and they made one of my favourite characters, Colossus, a pet class?.... I'm glad it turned out this way as Hulk was pretty dam fun.
-They really nailed the feel of being the Hulk. From his dash skill, to his meteor crash, the scream, the multi punches, the jumps, grabbing a car splitting it in to and using it to hit your opponent will never get old... This character was awesome to play. I actually felt I wanted to use more than 8 skills on my bar because they were all so freaking cool.
-His signature skill seemed a bit underwhelming compared to the others I tried but he's an amazingly cool, and strong character to play.
-Cleared heroic operation and heroic trial with no problems, was a breeze.
-His transportation skill is running.

War Machine
-Bought him after playing with a random guy online in a party for a while.
-Fun character, very flashy, you feel like a walking arsenal with miniguns, shoulder mounted rocket launchers, chainguns.
-You have to manage 2 resources, Heat and Suit Power.
-You can play him melee or ranged, his ranged abilities are super cool. I had a blast playing him both ways, although it seemed that for me it was much harder to pull off the all ranged build.
-I had the most trouble with this character clearing his heroic trial, I failed it once by dieing against the last boss and the second run was pretty close. I lost count how many times I died in the heroic operation.... I need to tweak more things...

I tried other Characters but only until 10, from those a few standouts will be:
-Spidey.
-Psylock.
-Nova.
-Gambit.
-Angela.

Code for anyone who wants it. Just reealised its NA only cannot be bothereed remembering my details for my US account. Fucking hate the code system on PSN.

E3L6-KBN6-79LF

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I find that the game is wayyyyyyyy easier than it was at launch when I put time into the pc version. i am solo, nothing remotely close to a challenge. I remember being at least somewhat challenged before.

also if anyone wants to play together psn AKingNamedPaul I think i'm lv 34ish

and they took away public bosses completely?? that sucks

abundant

Just played for a few hours. I tried Ant Man as my first hero and after I wrapped my head around his ant building mechanic, I became a wrecking machine. Or so I thought, because when I switched to Ghost Rider, I felt OP. With all the health on hit/kill powers and gear, I was at 100% HP the entire time I was playing as him.

ReaperXL7

I find that the game is wayyyyyyyy easier than it was at launch when I put time into the pc version. i am solo, nothing remotely close to a challenge. I remember being at least somewhat challenged before.

also if anyone wants to play together psn AKingNamedPaul I think i'm lv 34ish

and they took away public bosses completely?? that sucks

Public bosses are available in the open patrols. In Midtown you come across super sentinels, Black Cat, Cross Bones, A Monkey man who I've never heard of, and a couple of different group boss fights.

I've also fought Malaketh in lower Asgard with groups of people which is just a normal story mission zone.

Game seemed pretty easy up until I started doing stuff on Heroic and above, Heroic was a bit harder then normal, and Super Heroic has been somewhat tough solo but it could just be that I'm undergeard.

What's up with Iron Man, tried to use him just now and his standard attack eats up his ability to not only use his other skills but his regular melee as well?

Why does he suck?
probably doesn't but something is just not adding up, is it a bug ?

ReaperXL7

What's up with Iron Man, tried to use him just now and his standard attack eats up his ability to not only use his other skills but his regular melee as well?

Why does he suck?
probably doesn't but something is just not adding up, is it a bug ?

I only messed with him a little bit, but looked through the forums and it seems a common issue that Iron man eats through his suit power really fast at low level.

Your starting square melee attack doesn't use suit power, and neither does your level 6(?) skill that shoots an aoe energy projectile.In general though it seems like he's an energy hog until you start getting real gear late game.

I kind of want to play him because he's got some of the coolest costumes but I'm not sure I gel with his play style.

So any "tier lists" or guides for which of the heroes are king of the hill? Or is it pretty balanced?

Tried a few characters last night and I am leaving towards starting as Ice Man or Nova.

Experien

Just played for a few hours. I tried Ant Man as my first hero and after I wrapped my head around his ant building mechanic, I became a wrecking machine. Or so I thought, because when I switched to Ghost Rider, I felt OP. With all the health on hit/kill powers and gear, I was at 100% HP the entire time I was playing as him.

Only played as Colossus and I feel like I am always at 100% as well. I bought him because he is Colossus and it is nice that he can have nightcrawler teleport in and/or teleport wolverine in to fight with me. It's like I have partners all the time!

I'm super bummed that this isn't available in Australia yet (and i really don't feel like setting up a US PSN account just for this game)

After moving I had to get rid of my computer desk due to space limitations, and I was looking for a good console Diablo-like

I guess I'll try Victor Vran again or maybe Van Helsing until this is made available here
what i wouldn't give for path of exile to have native controller support

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm super bummed that this isn't available in Australia yet (and i really don't feel like setting up a US PSN account just for this game)

After moving I had to get rid of my computer desk due to space limitations, and I was looking for a good console Diablo-like

I guess I'll try Victor Vran again or maybe Van Helsing until this is made available here
what i wouldn't give for path of exile to have native controller support

If you're looking for a good console Diablo-like, may I suggest Diablo?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You can but I've already played it to death

Ah, haha, see you didn't mention that part. :lol

That's the problem with these sorts of games. Diablo is the clear king, and none of the others really live up to it. Like Marvel Heroes, I enjoy it because of the characters and world, but mechanically it's just a worse Diablo 3. Anywhere you go from Diablo is just going to be downhill.

That's the problem with these sorts of games. Diablo is the clear king, and none of the others really live up to it. Like Marvel Heroes, I enjoy it because of the characters and world, but mechanically it's just a worse Diablo 3. Anywhere you go from Diablo is just going to be downhill.

Yeah, that's true! Tochlight scratched that itch for awhile, but even then it kind of just feels like Diablo lite. Path of Exile is the only game of that genre I've ever seen that even approaches Diablo

This just reminded me how much I wish we had a Champions 3 or Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 3. Those games and Torchlight 2 are my fav Diablo-likes. :(

Hyun Sai

I'm enjoying it, but the slowdowns on patrols and big battles with several players are very bad. Is it like that on the PC version ?

Idk, I was really enjoying the game until I popped on Diablo 3 again.

It's tough that no matter what gear you get your character never changes appearance. That visual appeal of seeing ridiculous big shoulder pads and shields on my Templar after I pick up a new drop is always rewarding.

I know that can't be done with superheroes but it's just a bit pick. I think I'm done playing for now until it's fully released or progress not lost.

I already know spider-man/dr strange will be my mains so far.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Got a code for myself a couple of days ago. Thanks for this.
Moon knight tips, if I may?

I'd honestly love to help you out with this, since I got him to max level in the PC version, but honestly it's been so long that I've forgotten literally everything. I'm starting fresh on the PS4 version, re-learning everything.

Top Bottom