• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

After 1,500 hours on PC, trying to decide if I'm making this leap. I quit after the new combat overhaul, but have experienced pretty much everything the game has to offer.

If I could transfer my PC account, this would be an easy decision.

ReaperXL7

Wait, isn't it a f2p game?

Oh, I take it that founders will have the privilege to play the game early. Then when can free players start playing?

Kind of, the closed beta starts on Friday. You get access to it buy purchasing a founders pack. Open Beta sounds like it will be free though but no info on when that might start.

Yoday

What is the price for founders pack?

Prices for the Founders pack?

yes i would like to know hopefully its priced well between $19.99- 29.99. I'll be there day 1 for the X-men pack and Spiderman pack.
Nobody can say for sure until their up on console, but the PC founders packs ranged from $20 to $200. It was $20 for a pack containing a single character and some other things like storage space and costumes, and $200 for everything the game had to offer at the time. Now days hero packs range from $10 to $200, so founders packs will probably have a wide range. You can check out the PC packs for an idea of what I imagine we can expect. Also keep in mind that you really don't need to spend money on this game (aside from founders to get in early) unless you really want to. Earning heroes isn't very difficult, and everything else amounts to costumes and boosts. I've played Marvel Heroes off and on since Beta, and at no point have I ever felt the need to buy anything, but I've enjoyed the game so much that I will occasionally drop some cash out of appreciation.

https://store.marvelheroes.com/

kalehr

Neo Member
Can't stand founder's pack beta access. Open sign ups and select beta testers. Especially when they're wiping progress.

One of the community guys on their forums mentioned there may be a signup for closed beta access as well, but didn't have all the details yet to announce anything

They posted a bit about Founder's Pack pricing on their forums.

Prices don't sound too bad in comparison to the old pc founder packs.

Wonder if the 60 dollar one will have a couple bonuses as well.

Edit: if the Spider-Man and Deadpool ones are separated then yea, that's not cheap.

tribal24

Banned
No, they seem to be separate. There was a EU blog post about things coming to the store, and it lists them out as two separate things, along with another War Machine pack

Damn kind of want the Xmen pack first but since they are restarting every character to lvl 1 after close beta i should wait.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No, they seem to be separate. There was a EU blog post about things coming to the store, and it lists them out as two separate things, along with another War Machine pack

wtf, does it come with a shit ton of deadpool costumes? Not sure how it can be $20

0iPG4xY.png

Man console version will have it so good. Nice looking UI and the ability to trash items without having to litter the ground or run to a vendor... People have been asking for this for a while on PC, it's been a big problem. The next thing you know the console version won't have this problem, which people have been asking Gazillion to fix for ages and ages.

cMFHguv.png

Edit: Wait a Gazillion person is here? What the heck! That's ... that's interesting. (goes to see Zurick's posts in the other threads). I always thought Frost was a undercover Gazillion dev.

Nice to know they solved this for the console version while loot and inventory management remains a complete disaster on the PC version after literally years of people telling them that it's fucked. They really don't give a fuck about the PC version anymore huh

Yoday

wtf, does it come with a shit ton of deadpool costumes? Not sure how it can be $20
Those are the standard prices. Prices are kind of high on the more popular heroes. The packs tend to come with the hero, one extra costume, a stash tab for said hero, and a few little bonuses. $20-$60 sounds dead on with what the PC founders packs were.

Probably 2 extra costumes and the character's bank stash.

You can see characters in the Avengers/X-Men/GG packs in the EU post: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/04/18/new-on-playstation-store-full-throttle-remastered-call-of-duty-dlc-deformers-more/

Avengers will probably be these characters plus their Age of Ultron costumes & stashes:
Black Widow
Captain America
Hulk
Iron Man
Thor

X-Men will probably be one (or two) extra costumes & their stash:
Beast
Jean Grey
Psylocke
Storm
Wolverine

Guardians will probably be Starlord & Rocket plus their movie costumes & stashes, and then some combination of the Drax/Gamora/Groot team-ups.

A developer post on the official forums just confirmed that the Founder's Packs also come with a varying amount of G.

So presumably, a hero, costume and G at the least. The Guardians of the Galaxy Founder's Pack features Baby Groot (from GotG Vol. 2). I'm guessing its a pet?

I wanted to play as Wolverine but not for $79.99 Canadian. I'll pass on this shit until it's out of beta.

You can buy Wolverine via the G store if you want him to remain unlocked in the open beta, or via Eternity Splinters, earned in-game.

Your best option is to purchase one of the cheapest Founder's Packs, either Deadpool or Spiderman; both are $19.99. Then use the G that comes in that Founder's Pack to buy Wolverine.

tribal24

Banned
Once you get the cheaper founder pack you might be able to gather other heroes, might be the cheapest and best option or you can wait until its out of closed beta.

VexyWexy

Sorry I'm a bit confused, what's the point of buying in early if your progress is wiped when the beta's over?

Do you retain currency and unlocks or something that would make your time spent worthwhile? I didn't play on PC so I'm not clear on all the f2p mechanics at work here.

Sorry I'm a bit confused, what's the point of buying in early if your progress is wiped when the beta's over?

Do you retain currency and unlocks or something that would make your time spent worthwhile? I didn't play on PC so I'm not clear on all the f2p mechanics at work here.

You retain characters and G purchased during the closed beta. Everything else, including in-game unlocks using Eternity Splinters (in-game currency) are wiped.

A developer post on the official forums just confirmed that the Founder's Packs also come with a varying amount of G.

So presumably, a hero, costume and G at the least. The Guardians of the Galaxy Founder's Pack features Baby Groot (from GotG Vol. 2). I'm guessing its a pet?

I think Baby Groot is the Groot used for the GotG Vol 2 Rocket costume

For those who are confused about the Founder's Packs, I have summarised the known information:

The cheapest way into the closed beta is to buy either the Deadpool Founder's Pack, or the Spiderman Founder's Pack for $19.99.
Both Founder's Packs will include a playable character, a costume and some Gs to spend on the in-game store.

If you want to play as another character, you have two options:

Option 1:
Use the Gs that comes with your Founder's Pack to purchase them (prices will vary).

OR,

Option 2:
Use Eternity Splinters to buy them in-game. Eternity Splinters are earned freely and drop in the field every eight minutes or so. Characters can be purchased from 200 to 600 Eternity Splinters.

At the end of the closed beta, in-game progress will be wiped, including characters purchased using Eternity Splinters and G. However, your Gs will be refunded to your account for you to use again in the open beta.

Closed Beta Bonuses:

Closed beta players, can look forward to receiving Daredevil, the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, for free.

PlayStation Plus members can also look forward to a variety of perks during the closed beta, including a free ”Man Without Fear" costume for Daredevil, discounts on in-game currency purchases, and other limited-time exclusive access to select Heroes.

Yoday

If the G amount is anything like the PC founders packs you'll get paid currency in the amount of the founders pack. So, a $20 founders pack should contain 2000G as well. I can't imagine anyone spending $20 on this game, regardless of what it comes with, and feeling ripped off. It is the most fair and generous F2P game I have ever played. No content is ever put behind a paywall, and you get enough currency to unlock new heroes pretty regularly. I've put a decent amount of money in the game on PC, and I'll be dropping $60 on a founders pack with absolutely zero problem once it hits Xbox.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
As long as characters are allowed to be purchased separately in the closed beta that's fine. For some reason I was under the impression that it was disabled during it.

As long as characters ar allowed to be purchased separately in the closed beta that's fine. For some reason I was under the impression that it was disabled during it.

You'll be able to purchase any of the launch characters within the closed beta using either Eternity Splinters or Gs, except for Iron Fist and War Machine. Those two characters are exclusive to Founder's Packs.

Why would anyone participate? Thats ridiculous

Closed beta was originally intended to find bugs and translation issues for new games, mostly MMOs. Back then, it was free to participate but you'll need a special pass (random from e-mail subscription). Later, beta keys were introduced in newer games so that more people can join closed betas. It's also good for generating hype. There were usually some incentives for participating and especially reporting bugs, like you get special items or boons in the upcoming open beta. Closed beta had its purposes and people had their reason for participating.

But then, founder's packs happened. Due to gamers' inner childish nature of always wanting to play everything as soon as possible, publishers saw the huge prospects in that. Why would you give away beta access if you can reap revenue out of it. And it's been getting worse and worse, you can even play starting in alpha phase with founder's packs in some games.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Wolverine is 900 G or 400 Eternity Splinters. Presuming you receive 2000 G (not confirmed) with your purchase of a $19.99 Founder's Pack, you'll have enough to purchase Wolverine and a costume.
He'll do just fine until they add Bucky and Ultron :D

Also, do we know the status on Loki? Is he launch? I found him to be a lot of fun when I played the PC version.

Top Bottom