• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Santar

If only the'd add a offline mode I'd be all over this.
I won't invest myself in a game I can't own that is dependant on a server being on to run.

Honestly, calling the game an MMO is vastly misrepresenting the game, though people still continue to misuse the MMO label.

It's an ARPG, pretty much identical in structure and gameplay to Diablo. The outdoor zones are shared between players.

styl3s

Honestly, calling the game an MMO is vastly misrepresenting the game, though people still continue to misuse the MMO label.

It's an ARPG, pretty much identical in structure and gameplay to Diablo. The outdoor zones are shared between players.
I mean the developers themselves call it a action-packed massively multiplayer online game. It's absolutely a ARPG/Diablo style game but it's also a MMO and has all the MMO trappings. Raiding, guilds, giant towns(hubs) with 30,40 people etc it's not like you are in zones with just 3 other people.

I couldn't care less about it being Marvel stuff, but hearing positive things about it from Jeff Gerstman in a few bombcasts has me interested.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know if it's going to be a $60 and done game or will it have all the F2P catchings that the PC has because if it has all the microtransactions and my account i have spent more money than i am willing to admit on doesn't carry over fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that bullshit

Sounds like it's just a free to play game much like the PC version.

That trailer might have given me cancer it was so bad...but man oh man do I hope this ends up being great.

I enjoyed the PC version but I suspect that like Diablo 3 I will enjoy it more on console.

Seijuro

Played it on PC last year, just for a week or so but put 20 hours into it. Looking forward to playing it on PS4 since my laptop always went into barbecue mode with this game.
Really fun and addictive Diablo clone with an excellent big roster of characters, where also more obscure heroes get their time to shine in a videogame.

Flintty

I've been waiting for this for so long! Played the PC beta and for a couple of years after and put a fair bit of cash in but I prefer Xbox to PC so I'm well happy with this. PC pretty much retired for gaming confirmed.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
There is no plans for any transfers to be given from PC to Console.

Brutal. Would've been all over it if it was given the console Diablo treatment with an offline mode. Otherwise I can't see myself investing time into it again.

Flintty

So do you only play one character or do you get a team?

You play one character but can unlock multiple and swap in hub areas.

Edit. Oh and you can unlock an AI 'teamup' character who follows you around. Can be set to passive, out all the time or more powerful cooldown for a few seconds summon.

The End

I spent more than a little money on the PC version.

If I can port my account over, I'll play this.

If not, no dice.

Is the PC version of this actually any good these days? I'm a big fan of Diablo 3, does it have the same sort of replayability or does it get boring very quickly?

If you're a fan of grinding out the good loot to take on higher difficulties for even better loot, you can definitely find yourself playing for hundreds of hours. Especially so if you plan on doing this with many characters.

Is his game any good? Because the gameplay footage looks pretty bad. By that I mean, choppy character animations and models.

Their trailers are poor representations of the game. The game is smooth and lots of the animations are great for an ARPG.

XanaviF30

Is this game any good? Because the gameplay footage looks pretty bad. By that I mean, choppy character animations and models.

Put too much time on the PC version to jump to console if they're not going to allow transfers. Dumb decision, I haven't played the PC version in months except to check in occasionally. Being able to keep my account on PS4 could bring me back.

This game has been nothing but bad decisions for the last year though, so I guess it's not really surprising.

Probably won't even bother to download it if there's no transfer from PC to Console. Too bad but it's still good news for others. It's a solid ARPG and they have pretty faithful representations of most characters.

I guess its pretty telling that so many people have never even heard of this. Having the Marvel IP it should be pretty big but for some reason Marvel themselves never advertise it in monthly comics etc. I hope this being on console works out well for them but so shitty that the accounts are not shared with PC. I also wonder about the future of the PC version, the consoles seem to be the primary focus from now. I'm not as bummed now as I probably would have been a few years ago as I'm pretty burnt out on the game since I've been with it from the closed Beta days.

Game was so fun for first 6months, then added crap only those who theory craft with the best heroes with highest damage, snowballed from there.
Game could of been so fun if every hero was balanced.

Hope the console port is a bit better

Nicodemic

Last time I tried the game on PC, there was so much stuff to check and understand at once (items, skills, quests, characters, events, etc) that I straight up gave up and played something else. I hope they streamlined the beginning of the game cause to me, it was a bit too much.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah, I'm not buying my characters again.

Lost interest in the game a while back, anyway

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I guess its pretty telling that so many people have never even heard of this. Having the Marvel IP it should be pretty big but for some reason Marvel themselves never advertise it in monthly comics etc. I hope this being on console works out well for them but so shitty that the accounts are not shared with PC. I also wonder about the future of the PC version, the consoles seem to be the primary focus from now. I'm not as bummed now as I probably would have been a few years ago as I'm pretty burnt out on the game since I've been with it from the closed Beta days.

tbf if gazillion are still a shambles like they were with the PC patches and fixes, they'll turn people off the game soon enough

Dunlop

Fun game when I played it, horrid trailer.

Just as puzzling as any hero origin story, maybe it will be the answer to the elusive question

How is the PC version at OT3 and still not moved to community? :p

im so confused, so it mentions marvel universe but i see deadpool and xmen included??

is the weird contract issues different with games?

There are no contract issues with game licensing. Marvel owns those characters entirely and can choose who they want to use at will.

They were at one point voluntarily choosing not to use characters fox had the film rights for, mostly to put pressure on fox.

A different deal has apparently been sorted out, and leadership changes have occurred at Marvel so that may no longer be the case going forward.

jmizzal

Put too much time on the PC version to jump to console if they're not going to allow transfers. Dumb decision, I haven't played the PC version in months except to check in occasionally. Being able to keep my account on PS4 could bring me back.

This game has been nothing but bad decisions for the last year though, so I guess it's not really surprising.

They want people to spend more money, they dont want everybody just transferring from PC lol

Top Bottom