• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Do you get to keep whatever you buy after the beta?

I think anything you buy with actual money you keep, anything you unlock with in-game free currency (eternity splinters) you do not keep.

Are you still high from yesterday? I never said it was your fault. I was merely saying it's a closed beta test. It's a founder's pack to gain entrance into that. The f2p launch will be in a month and will hopefully launch problem free due to this closed beta test

I don't smoke but thanks for insinuating. I hope it all goes smoothly too when it launches.

Gowans

Looking forward to playing this online with mates and local with the kids.

We'll have to work out what free character combos we can be.

Did they announce the playstaton timed console exclusive character?

These expectations stem from the last couple years where demo's have been relabeled as betas

I disagree. Companies using Betas as Demo periods has not removed the possibility of problems during those Betas or even at launch. And the issue of server issues (access or stability) is still extremely common at server-live regardless of Alpha, Beta, or Live release.

The only thing that Betas as Demos has done is lowered the likelihood of actual build changes between the Beta period and Live launch.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Looking forward to playing this online with mates and local with the kids.

We'll have to work out what free character combos we can be.

Did they announce the playstaton timed console exclusive character?
War Machine you have to be a PS Plus member to buy, and Daredevil which be given out for free to anyone who participated in the closed beta, along with The Man Without Fear suit.

I disagree. Companies using Betas as Demo periods has not removed the possibility of problems during those Betas or even at launch. And the issue of server issues (access or stability) is still extremely common at server-live regardless of Alpha, Beta, or Live release.

The only thing that Betas as Demos has done is lowered the likelihood of actual build changes between the Beta period and Live launch.
I'm just saying a demo is usually more polished than a beta...
This is a true beta, watrts and all

Will there be a character wipe for the closed beta?

We are currently planning for a player wipe near the end of our PlayStation 4 closed beta. Player progress will be reset along with any Eternity Splinter purchases, but any Gs purchased will be returned once Marvel Heroes Omega hits open beta.

Official Console FAQ

War Machine you have to be a PS Plus member to buy, and Daredevil which be given out for free to anyone who participated in the closed beta, along with The Man Without Fear suit.

Daredevil will be a PSN Exclusive meaning that once we are in Open Beta, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free. He won't be available in Closed Beta.

War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and purchase his pack for $16.99. This pack also includes Closed Beta access, War Machine playable, Civil War Costume, 1 XP Boost and 5$ worth of G's.

from the console faq on their site

I'm just saying a demo is usually more polished than a beta...
This is a true beta, watrts and all

Certainly. And I probably worded my reply a bit poorly. What I was trying to say is that I don't think the Beta as a Demo common perception is that a Beta will be without bugs. It's commonly the idea that the Dev won't make changes to the game between Beta and Launch.

But it is interesting to see that Beta as Demos tends to be happening less often. A lot of games are going the route of extended Beta periods with monetization (Founders packs or Item/Booster stores). There is, of course, good and bad aspects of this but in terms of our little aside here, I think that's tempering the idea of Betas being stealth Demos (albiet it's making the difference between Beta and Launch a bit murkier).

someone made a spreadsheet of the value of the packs (vs buying characters seperately in game)

Might be jumping on the avengers or xmen pack myself due to this

Even at a discounted rate the prices are a little dicey. I spent a decent amount of money on PC but normally waited for sales or B2G1 events, stuff like that.

The normal pricing structure isn't the best but the game is fun enough to just play, acquire in-game currency and spend it on characters to play.

Even at a discounted rate the prices are a little dicey. I spent a decent amount of money on PC but normally waited for sales or B2G1 events, stuff like that.

The normal pricing structure isn't the best but the game is fun enough to just play, acquire in-game currency and spend it on characters to play.

That's good to know. Does it take A TON OF time (like 2 weeks straight of playing) or casual play for 2 weeks?

I see the 19.99 was taken. What next?

I don't have the game yet. I would assume you purchase your pack, then you go into your library on the ps4. Go down to purchases, look for marvel heroes and I would expect a download link there.

Anyone else here to this user out that already downloaded the beta?

I don't have the game yet. I would assume you purchase your pack, then you go into your library on the ps4. Go down to purchases, look for marvel heroes and I would expect a download link there.

Anyone else here to this user out that already downloaded the beta?
Yeah the phone app only shows my money being taken since I'm at work now.

The game looks fun, but I'm not sure I want to spend just yet. Is there any other way to get into the closed beta or am I better off waiting for the open beta?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah the phone app only shows my money being taken since I'm at work now.
Can you see it in Download List on the Web store? There should be an option to "Download to PS4"

The game looks fun, but I'm not sure I want to spend just yet. Is there any other way to get into the closed beta or am I better off waiting for the open beta?
They'll be giving out codes, presumably on Twitter, so that's your other option.

Cracklox

That's good to know. Does it take A TON OF time (like 2 weeks straight of playing) or casual play for 2 weeks?

If its anything like the pc, the currency is set to drop on a timer of around 8 minutes. That is, 8 minutes of killing shit, not just hanging out in hubs. So with that in mind most heroes on PC are 400 splinters. There's some at 200 and a few 600 as well. On PC you also used to be able to get them from login rewards and events and from one or 2 other sources as well, but that's been recently changed to a higher chance of multiple dropping. I'm not sure which way it will work on console, or if indeed it may be totally different again. For reference I have the whole roster on PC but, have only paid for maybe 10 heroes max. That's in 2000+ hours in a few years

Hopefully they have random boxes on console as well. A great way to get heroes early on if your not to fussed on who to play. 175 splinters for a random (which can dupe at your own risk)

styl3s

Godammit i ended up buying some founders stuff even though i swore i wouldn't out of spite of no-transfer. Game is just too fun and i can play with my friends on PS4.

Curious to see if boost-mode increases any performance.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is there any reason to play this version over the PC version? Real question as I've contemplated getting back into the PC version for a while.
Not really, there is trophies/achievements and you could play with console friends

Did they say why the closed beta is PS4 only?

aka_bueno

Did they tweak the ridiculous amount of trash that drops? I tried playing the PC version a few times, and there's just so much crap currencies/items/loot to manage that it's annoying.

Seanze01

If I buy the Deadpool character, will there be a second playable character so my wife and I can play togethet or do I need to buy 2 characters?

Lashley

If I buy the Deadpool character, will there be a second playable character so my wife and I can play togethet or do I need to buy 2 characters?
Originally one. After the tutorial you should have enough splinters for another

Last time I loaded up the PC Client, you could play as nearly every character, they just hit a cap at level 10 unless you unlocked them through a purchase with either real money or the in-game currency (Eternity shards?). I *think* that system is carrying over. So she could presumably play with you with any other character and just be capped at level 10 without unlocking another character one way or another.

Question for anyone in the beta: Can co-op partners use the same character?

Last time I loaded up the PC Client, you could play as nearly every character, they just hit a cap at level 10 unless you unlocked them through a purchase with either real money or the in-game currency (Eternity shards?). I *think* that system is carrying over. So she could presumably play with you with any other character and just be capped at level 10 without unlocking another character one way or another.
If this system is still in place, then it should suffice for people buying a pack and wanting to coop with someone. They can play their pack's character while the other person tries out the roster. By the time they know who they want to unlock, the tutorial should be well past over and the character ready for unlocking.

I never played the revamped tutorial, is it even enough to get to lvl 10 just from playing that part?

I never played the revamped tutorial, is it even enough to get to lvl 10 just from playing that part?

I have no idea. I haven't played the tutorial since launch either. Honestly, I haven't played the game for years, with the except of about 30 minutes last week where I primarily was just checking it out.

I have no idea. I haven't played the tutorial since launch either. Honestly, I haven't played the game for years, with the except of about 30 minutes last week where I primarily was just checking it out.

It's been a good year or 2 for me as well. After 1,200+ hours, it's hard to keep playing the same content regularly; regardless of how fun it is.

The biggest draw for me would have been performance wise. My PC was built over 8 years ago, so I never got a silky smooth experience. If there was a transfer option, I'd be extremely excited to hop back in. However, I doubt I'll even play this version as is. The grind required to get back to where I was before would sap all my will to play. I will at least keep tabs on it to see how things divulge from the original and how both develop going forward.

Did controller input ever get better on the PC version? I remember using it back when they released it and it was not very responsive and super awkward.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think I'm going to pass on the beta. Was thinking about buying one of the packs but eh, don't really like the idea of the reset after the beta ends (although I know it's standard procedure for betas in games like this), and also I just got back into Diablo 3 really heavily so that'll tide me over until the beta ends.

It's been a good year or 2 for me as well. After 1,200+ hours, it's hard to keep playing the same content regularly; regardless of how fun it is.

The biggest draw for me would have been performance wise. My PC was built over 8 years ago, so I never got a silky smooth experience. If there was a transfer option, I'd be extremely excited to hop back in. However, I doubt I'll even play this version as is. The grind required to get back to where I was before would sap all my will to play. I will at least keep tabs on it to see how things divulge from the original and how both develop going forward.

This is basically me. If they were doing a full transfer, a console version would probably suck me in for some more hours and maybe even more money (hint hint, Gaz!). And honestly, I was kind of maybe thinking about trying it out when it meant not having my heroes and costumes unlocked. But the thing that killed me ever trying the console version was not having my stash of rare loot. The thought of not having a GoK for every hero, all my level 80 legendaries, etc., I just can't go back to that.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I hate to say it, but this a terrible first impression for the casual mainstream Marvel fan that bought a Founder's Pack. People on here and other message boards understand the fact that it's a beta and these things happen, but the aforementioned casual fan probably doesn't, and it not working when they paid for it will leave a sour taste in their mouths.

Lashley

I hate to say it, but this a terrible first impression for the casual mainstream Marvel fan that bought a Founder's Pack. People on here and other message boards understand the fact that it's a beta and these things happen, but the aforementioned casual fan probably doesn't, and it not working when they paid for it will leave a sour taste in their mouths.
They never should have charged money for access to it

IronLich

People that bought packs-- are you not able to log in or play at all right now? Man, how does that even happen

When you involve America in your beta, it's not so much a storm of people logging in to your servers as it is a tidal wave crashing down on your servers

Top Bottom