• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Midnight Suns | New Trailer Revealed - Coming October 7, 2022 | Spider- Man, Venom confirmed

Draugoth

Gold Member

FU1R3q3WUAAUQFv

FU1SCWNWUB4V_aV

lol gameplay, my bad

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Looking forward to this very much, but that Spider-Man costume is odd.

I think I'll leave Spider-Man off of my "core team", and be content with the fact that I can play as him in Spider-Man 2.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Aw I wanna play as Venom, coulda mentioned that he'll be a villain rather than playable in the title. Oh well, Spidey's cool too.

manfestival

In Firaxis I trust but I am not all that excited. I find it so hard to be excited about Marvel stuff these days. Just gotta believe in the developers. Same thing happened to me with Star Wars and then Fallen Order was a total banger. So it just taught me to believe in the developer.... as long as they are worthy of the trust. Firaxis I do trust, that the game will be solid(gameplay) and launched as a buggy mess.

MiguelItUp

Can't say I'm surprised that they didn't show gameplay after seeing that. Eeeeeeeeesh. I'm sure some people are into it, but not me.

Edit: I wanted to add, I'm so fucking over card systems existing in games.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Firaxis has never let me down so I think I’ll like it. I’m not sure about the card aspect but why not, Slay the Spire and Griftlands were good.

Pantz

Yeah, I get it for people who don't like the cards. That sucks. I don't mind them so much myself.
The interaction with the characters and the cutscenes look really cool, I'm willing to get it for that stuff alone.

BoxFresh123

May have been boring as hell for some but I really did just want superhero X-Com. I'll likely still give this a whirl but my excitement isn't anywhere near as high as it was before first reveal.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I miss when all big games took advantage of new hardware or at least didn't look like they could run on consoles from 2 generations prior.

Katajx

Gold Member
I'm completely ignorant about the XCOM games and their mechanics so I'm coming into this as someone with no experience with their games. So the combat area seems smaller, possibly no cover mechanics, and people don't seem to be hot on the card system.

Aren't the cards really just a visual representation of a menu based system?

manfestival

Seeing this card system in action brings lots of doubt into my mind. Not really a fan of this at all. Would like to give the game a shot but now it is more of a wait for sale or for ravings reviews.

Kagey K

Banned
I guess this ends the debate as to whether or not Sony owns Spider-Man in video games and just paid to keep him in Avengers.

Maybe we could make a it's Spudey time meme to make them feel like they didn't waste that money.

Last edited:

Croga

Can't believe so many are writing off the game solely based on the card system.

Firaxis are top tier when it comes to creating turn based strategy games, War of the Chosen is still one of the best games in the genre.

For me the fact that they seemingly have focused all their resources on this as opposed to the next XCOM sequel I'm sure this will turn out to be a great game for any fans of the genre.

Can't wait for it myself! October seems miles away now.

Can't believe so many are writing off the game solely based on the card system.

Firaxis are top tier when it comes to creating turn based strategy games, War of the Chosen is still one of the best games in the genre.

For me the fact that they seemingly have focused all their resources on this as opposed to the next XCOM sequel I'm sure this will turn out to be a great game for any fans of the genre.

Can't wait for it myself! October seems miles away now.

Yeah. Jake Solomon and the team have never disappointed me, so I have complete faith this will be another banger with a lot of depth and replayability.

I watched a lot of the gameplay videos that came out yesterday and I think it looks very rough graphically (even compared to a lot of the low budget stuff I buy) and very stale gameplay wise.

I normally just buy anything that is turn based or has deck building but I wasn't impressed.

I will be very happy if I'm proven wrong and if I'm honest with myself I'll probably end up buying it anyway.

mcjmetroid

Funny thing with a game like this is I think they'd have probably made more money if it was an original IP...
gameplay looks interesting but Marvel? ugh

xrnzaaas

I don't have a problem with adding a card system since I loved MGS Acid. We need to see more actual gameplay though because I have a feeling that outside of the superhero appeal it's gonna be a mediocre game.

Top Bottom