• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel NOW 2016 |OT| Now That's What I Call Marvel Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be shocked and appalled!

Anyway, I think this and the Rebirth thread are slow because there's already a place for the regulars to discuss weekly releases - the Community OT.
The Rebirth thread at least has discussion and people checking in every week/whenever they've read something. No one new started reading Marvel comics with Now!.

Roman

The Rebirth thread at least has discussion and people checking in every week/whenever they've read something. No one new started reading Marvel comics with Now!.

That should come as no surprise. Rebirth is a huge upheaval and basically a publisher finally caving in to readers' long time demands.

Meanwhile, Marvel treats its line like a TV show and releases "seasons" of their books. Few readers are falling for their shiny #1s at this point.

Hey, I just picked up The Unworthy Thor! Haven't read it yet so I can't really comment on it but outside of reading old stuff on Unlimited, it's the first Marvel book I've bought in a few years. I wanted to avoid Civil War 2 like the plague. Now I'm more open to trying new series but their prices are insane. I'll give a shot to the X-Men reboot depending on the creative teams and I'm also thinking of trying Cap, Daredevil and Miss Marvel.

There's just a lot of negativity around Marvel right now but it's cyclical. Everyone hated DC before Rebirth even though they had a lot of great titles like Omega Men.

Dead, but he uploaded his personality to a computer, so he's acting as Doom's AI like Friday did for Stark.

Avengers 1
seems to contradict this. Tony is referred to as being "in rough shape" by SamCap. I think he's gonna end up in a coma. Doom never actually says he's dead, only that he isn't around

SRG01

Not surprising in the slightest, the previews made Solo look about as appealing as any generic garbage Marvel made in the 90s. Did anyone here even read it?

I read it. It was marginal at best.

Foolkiller was much better though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
First issue of Thanos was really solid, we get Corvus Glaive, The Champion, Starfox and Thane.

31036149905_b7caae09af_b.jpg

Neoxon

USAvengers and Wasp are dope too. C'MON GAF, you sleeping on me.
I can vouch for this post. Both books are pretty damn solid, though I'm more on the Nova hype train (for obvious reasons).

Imagining Troy Baker & Logan Miller as the voices of Richard Rider & Sam Alexander respectively really enhanced the experience for me.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Anyone reading Ultimates²? Some serious serious shit is going down in this weeks issue. God I'm such a mark for this cosmic stuff.

The Kree

Banned
Ultimates is on some other shit. Al Ewing has to be the one to bring the Fantastic Four back. Pay him whatever it costs and just let him work.

IrishNinja

dropped a lot of books - don't know why i stuck with Carnage, nope'd quick on Venom, Spidey 2099 isn't bad but im good with slottt's ASM,etc. Thor mini should tie up soon, still reading the regular & keeping up with my boy Daredevil even if Soule is kinda feeling like a huge stepdown post Waid

Too many folks are sleeping on the Cap books and Black Panther.

I think all three will be classics by the end of their runs.

agreed, Panther is mad dense with lore & a great read, both caps are enjoyable but i'm really more on falcon-cap now

Power Man and Iron Fist will split, Walker will do this and Iron Fist by Ed Brisson

see i wanna be excited here, but while i really dug the last volume of them as a team again, the iron fist kaare andrews (sp?) solo before it was such booty buttcheeks that i'm nervous for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom