• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Phase Four Schedule

bitbydeath

May 1, 2020: Black Widow
The long-rumored Black Widow is definitely happening, and will star Scarlett Johansson, David Harbour, Florence Pugh, O-T Fagbenle and Rachel Weisz. Cate Shortland will direct the movie.

Fall, 2020: Untitled

Nov. 6, 2020: The Eternals movie
Starring Angelina Jolie

Feb. 12, 2021: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. Starring Simu Liu as Shang-Chi

Spring, 2021: WandaVision Disney Plus series

May 7, 2021: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Spring, 2021: Loki Disney Plus series

Summer, 2021: Untitled

Fall, 2021: The Falcon and Winter Soldier Disney Plus series

Nov. 5, 2021: Thor 4: Love and Thunder
It's The fourth in the series, starring Chris Hemsworth, with Taika Waititi on for writing and directing. Natalie Portman will be Lady Thor in Thor 4.

Additional movies confirmed for Phase Four but not dated:
  • Black Panther 2
  • Blade
  • Captain Marvel 2
  • Fantastic Four
  • Guardians of the Galaxy vol 3
  • New Mutants

Last edited:

So Jane as Female Thor huh... I felt that she looked bored in the movies. Marvel is generally good so we will see I suppose.

They are officially doing female Thor?

51dW5wO8EqL.jpg

sol_bad

They also announced Blade with Mahershala Ali. Does that make the Netflix shows officially not cannon?

Wandavision takes place after Infinity War.
Doctor Strange 2 will apparently go horror and it's tied to Wandavision.

I hope Thor: Love and Thunder includes the God Butcher.

Hawkeye will explore Clints time as Ronin.

They also announced Blade with Mahershala Ali. Does that make the Netflix shows officially not cannon?

Wandavision takes place after Infinity War.
Doctor Strange 2 will apparently go horror and it's tied to Wandavision.

I hope Thor: Love and Thunder includes the God Butcher.

Hawkeye will explore Clints time as Ronin.

I like the sound of all of this.

Doctor Strange has a lot of cool stuff in his lore/history that could look great on the big screen.

Really curious about Blade.

Probably most excited for Thor 4. Taika never disappoints me. He is The Man.

I still hope Thor is in the next Guardians movie too, though

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
always search first, this one was up already.

I did search first. But I wanted to get the images and additional info right ... However I completely spaced on the info for Hawkeye and Falcon and Winter Soldier (image and info).

Also, no details in this thread about the end of the panel with fantastic Four, Blade and Black Panther 2 like mine.

I did search first. But I wanted to get the images and additional info right ... However I completely spaced on the info for Hawkeye and Falcon and Winter Soldier (image and info).

Also, no details in this thread about the end of the panel with fantastic Four, Blade and Black Panther 2 like mine.

OP should update. But your thread did alert me to Blade, so thanks for that =) Loved Blade.

Shouta

I'm up for Lady Thor but not so sure about Portman since she seemed kinda just there in the other films, lol

Reactions: 888

Not really all that excited for Captain Marvel 2, well because the first one was a borefest.

Black Panther 2, G3, Blade, Strange and FF all excite me.

Thor 4 I am confused on how I feel, Marvel has earned my respect so I won't say too much bad except for I can't stand Portman anymore.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
For CM2 I hope they have a compelling villain.
Me too. It's my only real gripe left about the Captain Marvel movie at this point. The "twist" happened so late in the movie that we only had a real villain for like half an hour. Marvel movies are at their best in my opinion when there is a concrete villain for the majority of the film.

Me too. It's my only real gripe left about the Captain Marvel movie at this point. The "twist" happened so late in the movie that we only had a real villain for like half an hour. Marvel movies are at their best in my opinion when there is a concrete villain for the majority of the film.

I am curious if they go "equally as ultra powerful" villain or if they go "villain finds a way to nerf her powers temporarily" route

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I am curious if they go "equally as ultra powerful" villain or if they go "villain finds a way to nerf her powers temporarily" route
It would be really hard to do the former. She is easily the strongest character fr the MCU. They would need to pull out a mega baddie.

sol_bad

I'm mostly surprised by the Ten Rings aspect of Shang Chi. It's good that we finally get the real Mandarin in a film that was hinted at years ago.

As for Blade, it would be great if Snipes was in the film as a mentor figure. lol

Disney better get Disney+ out worldwide asap if these movies and shows are going to relate to each other.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I’m not sure how I feel about some of the tv series being related to the movies (they said at least wandavision sets up dr strange 2). I don’t have time to watch tv shows anymore. Don’t force me into that path...

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I’m not sure how I feel about some of the tv series being related to the movies (they said at least wandavision sets up dr strange 2). I don’t have time to watch tv shows anymore. Don’t force me into that path...

It's on Disney+ ... So you can watch the episodes whenever you have time.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
It's on Disney+ ... So you can watch the episodes whenever you have time.

I guess I should be more clear on this.

I don’t want to devote 10+ hours into watching a lower budget what amounts to a drawn out movie. There is a reason I’ve tried to watch agents of shield, Luke cage, daredevil, and Jessica Jones and just got bored an episode or two in. It’s been nice for 23 movies that all those were kept separate with super minimal crossover.

That’s my gripe.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I guess I should be more clear on this.

I don’t want to devote 10+ hours into watching a lower budget what amounts to a drawn out movie. There is a reason I’ve tried to watch agents of shield, Luke cage, daredevil, and Jessica Jones and just got bored an episode or two in. It’s been nice for 23 movies that all those were kept separate with super minimal crossover.

That’s my gripe.

Hmmm.. well they aren't sparing the budget on these shows as they are part of Phase 4 and they have the original actors reprising their roles ... But we'll see how they are.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Scrapping the bottom of the barrel. I wonder what Disney will do once people lose interest in their comic book properties.

chaos789

Banned
So I am assuming Doctor Doom will be introduced in FF. Will be interesting to see how Marvel portrays him for the film. So far the Doctor Doom we have seen on screen, has not been very impressive.

I am hoping for an R rated Blade.

Top Bottom