• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

*pulls gets a green riri*

yay she is 0/1/5 now ><;

*starts to debate if it would be worthwhile to target certain 3*s repeatedly*

I need two blue prof x covers.... mags gives his out at 183.

with bonus heroes that is likely only 2-3 months of covers.... hmm but ti would be a waste to build him then sell him... but I wouldn't want to champ prof x.... though i suppose I could build a second one to champ for non wininifite stuff...

seems like a waste >.>

likely a better idea to try to full cycle someone like KK or carol to get medusa and 4* carol covers.

though currently it is iron man 40 until I get black hulkbuster.
then after that starlord until I champ him.

so I have a while, especially since I wouldn't be surprised if there was another 3* added before I finished starlord.

Dalek

Another day, another 5*. My Black Panther is now 2/1/0

You know, it would really be great if they would give us Double Iso soon.

Spoit

*pulls gets a green riri*

yay she is 0/1/5 now ><;

*starts to debate if it would be worthwhile to target certain 3*s repeatedly*

I need two blue prof x covers.... mags gives his out at 183.

with bonus heroes that is likely only 2-3 months of covers.... hmm but ti would be a waste to build him then sell him... but I wouldn't want to champ prof x.... though i suppose I could build a second one to champ for non wininifite stuff...

seems like a waste >.>

likely a better idea to try to full cycle someone like KK or carol to get medusa and 4* carol covers.

though currently it is iron man 40 until I get black hulkbuster.
then after that starlord until I champ him.

so I have a while, especially since I wouldn't be surprised if there was another 3* added before I finished starlord.

It would still take months, maybe years, but mags is fed by 2* mags, right? So get that cycling too

zulux21

It would still take months, maybe years, but mags is fed by 2* mags, right? So get that cycling too

I always have all 2 stars cycling :p

but i mean it only takes 30 covers for the prof x.

mags cycles every other month or so.
and I get like 5 elite tokens a day with the 10th one or so typically having a bonus hero so every two - three days I should get a mags cover from those.

so it would only take a few months to get enough to get a single prof x cover by doing that.

Spoit

I guess I should probably just stock up CP until rocket is added to the tokens, this season. Do we know which 2 are next to be rotated out for him and gamora?

Also, I have enough ISO to champ someone else. Any opinions between GR (out of tokens, and probably should be respecced anyway) and Agent venom (I have 3 covers Idling)

zulux21

I guess I should probably just stock up CP until rocket is added to the tokens, this season. Do we know which 2 are next to be rotated out for him and gamora?

Also, I have enough ISO to champ someone else. Any opinions between GR (out of tokens, and probably should be respecced anyway) and Agent venom (I have 3 covers Idling)

not perfect but order and estimated dates of when people leave

Wasp out on 5/4
SpiderWoman/Cage out on 6/1
Gwenpool out on 6/29
Blade out on 7/27
AVenom/Medusa out on 8/24
Carol out on 9/21
Riri out on 10/12 (short season, anniversary)
Mordo/Coulson out on 10/26
Fist out on 11/23

Thanos out on 5/8
Panther out on 6/12

ghost rider's best move doesn't get any stronger with more levels, so it's not a big deal to champ him unless you only have 3 black on him. he however is decent enough that he might not get a rework any time soon.

agent venom sucks... but that could be a good thing. You have the covers so it won't be a complete waste, and he sucks so much that a rework for him, especially with the spiderman movie coming in a few months, seems likely. so he might be the better long term bet.

Spoit

Eh, even with how bad he is, he's probably nowhere near the top of the list to be buffed. I guess I'll just bite the bullet on GR

Spoit

Just save the iso for someone better.
I mean, I want to get 1 more pull before thanos rotates out for Star lord. And after this, I'm in CP hoard mode until rocket comes out, so there's probably not going to be someone else to spend it on for another month or two.

Fuck, joined the pve at 950 people. If anyone does 5.7, that should probably flip within an hour or two

EDIT: Yeah. Fuck. Not even top 30. The bracket rolled over, if anyone wants to try their luck

Just got a 3* Gamora cover for Comic Book Day/GOTG2 release. Which is good, because I'm trying to get Gamora to 223 for that Yellow Star-Lord before they switch her cover over for the 4* that gets released.

I mean, I want to get 1 more pull before thanos rotates out for Star lord. And after this, I'm in CP hoard mode until rocket comes out, so there's probably not going to be someone else to spend it on for another month or two.

Fuck, joined the pve at 950 people. If anyone does 5.7, that should probably flip within an hour or two

EDIT: Yeah. Fuck. Not even top 30. The bracket rolled over, if anyone wants to try their luck

Got you beat. Just joined the last slice at #980. Thankfully, I only play new releases for top 100, so I should be fine.

Spoit

Ugh. Broke to fight 1 node for 35, that would have put me over 900, but the points had apparently decayed enough that he was only worth 20. (And this was after resetting the app to try to get fresh queues too!). And then when I did a 2nd fight, in probably under 4 minutes for both, I was hit under 800.

Triz

I just resort to maintaining top 100 in these things. Struggling to get top 20 is a lesson in frustration. That said I am in first right now...but I refuse to grind out to stay there.

I just resort to maintaining top 100 in these things. Struggling to get top 20 is a lesson in frustration. That said I am in first right now...but I refuse to grind out to stay there.

Especially with vaulting generally meaning that you're going to end up getting a new release covered much faster than before (I don't think I've had anyone rotate out the latest 12 with less than 12 covers so far), all that work for 1 extra cover just isn't worth it.

zulux21

Especially with vaulting generally meaning that you're going to end up getting a new release covered much faster than before (I don't think I've had anyone rotate out the latest 12 with less than 12 covers so far), all that work for 1 extra cover just isn't worth it.

wasp is gonna leave with only 7 covers for me or so :p

and it mostly depends on if you get a lucky bracket or not if I bother going for anything.

I woke up 2 hours into the last part of the event still in 17th so I should be able to get a top 20 no problem, a top 10 would be the struggle.

Spoit

Yeah, I'd totally be satisfied if I had just _1_ blue cover from this. But judging by the cloak and dagger distribution, probably going to have to wait till next season for that

wasp is gonna leave with only 7 covers for me or so :p

and it mostly depends on if you get a lucky bracket or not if I bother going for anything.

I woke up 2 hours into the last part of the event still in 17th so I should be able to get a top 20 no problem, a top 10 would be the struggle.

I actually had a 5/0/5 Wasp before vaulting happened, and she's leaving at 5/2/5 (with about 5-6 sold covers).

zulux21

Also, heads up, I'm probably going to (lazily) try to merc out for this pve.

alrighty.

I will just take my likely top 10 and be happy)

ber7VGc.png

we will see where I end

Triz

Ended up in 52 place. Mission accomplished. I did pull a Cloak and Dagger black with a Heroic Token this morning.

zulux21

even with my carol being only 3/3/4
my rocket and groot being only 1/1/1

it is already very clear
carol + rocket and groot + iron man 40 is going to be crazy awesome.

rocket and groot not only put down strike tiles but the blue move trigger's carol's boost move every turn and adds attack tiles and some damage.

iron man 40's charge allows carol to boost the strike tiles 3 times over to fuel the blue.

and the green is a nice AOE especially with the boosted strike tiles, and her black is still great.

it's going to murder everything even without the strike tiles being boosted from having another guardian on the team.

for trivial nodes rocket + another guardian + really anyone should destroy most trivial nodes.... if you wanted to thanos would still rock the trivial nodes.

anyways with my spiderwoman already maxed covered and rocket being awesome. no doubt I am saving all of my CP and tokens until rocket and groot get added to the 4* pool and knock spiderwoman out.

yup.

accidently redeemed my token I was planning on saving and got a mordo for it... so at least it wasn't spiderwoman lol.

I almost caved and champed her yesterday, because I just keep pulling her. Still sitting on 6 covers right now, and the closest ones of the latest 12 worth champing for me I only have 12 covers of, so I'll have to pull 2 before I champ them (Blade and Coulson at the moment). Add to that that I'm pretty sure I can earn 300K in two weeks if I need to, and outside of possibly getting some lucky pulls, I wouldn't be setting myself back much if I did it. Still probably not going to do it, just something I'm thinking about.

zulux21

I almost caved and champed her yesterday, because I just keep pulling her. Still sitting on 6 covers right now, and the closest ones of the latest 12 worth champing for me I only have 12 covers of, so I'll have to pull 2 before I champ them (Blade and Coulson at the moment). Add to that that I'm pretty sure I can earn 300K in two weeks if I need to, and outside of possibly getting some lucky pulls, I wouldn't be setting myself back much if I did it. Still probably not going to do it, just something I'm thinking about.

she is the next one out, so as long as you just hoard until grocket is put in it won't matter.

Triz

Wasp leaves the tokens...and I get her champed today. Hoarding tokens and CP until Rocket and Groot are in there, much like Zulux.

zulux21

Wasp leaves the tokens...and I get her champed today. Hoarding tokens and CP until Rocket and Groot are in there, much like Zulux.

I am likely going to set grocket to my 4* favorite when they get added, and ideally I will get a number of their covers and finish off my carol with my pulls.

I am not sure how grocket will be in PVP (though I imagine 2k in strike tile damage will be a turn off for people to face) but he is thanos/strange level for increasing speed for dealing with lower level nodes.
I mean you could run him plus a guardian and kill most of those in just a few matches without taking much damage at all.

or if you want to murder things in one match team him up with thanos who you can turn the black down to 3 to take less team damage as the strike tiles will more than make up for the difference in damage ect.

those strike tiles are crazy. I imagine at some point in the next few months they get nerfed, but i mean as long as they still launch at the start of a match, even if they reduce it to 7 1 power tiles, carol will still boost them like crazy when teamed with iron man 40 and you recharge to get rocket's blue on the board.

Dalek

Lcap, 4Carol and x-23 make an AWESOME team in this PVP.

For every strike tile Carol makes with her black, that's one less AP needed for Laura's purple. And Carol's yellow can make Steve's shields come back immediately if you need two stuns quickly.

zulux21

I don't hoard unless we're talking about a Carol level character. And while R&BG are good, I don't know that they're Carol-level.

while I am not sure if grocket is as good as carol, it is obvious they are way way WAY above spiderwoman thus why I would just wait until she is out if you already have her max covered, though I think you champed her so it isn't as much of a deal for you :p

So....can someone let me back in to the alliance?

I guess, but mostly because I want 2k iso instead of 1.9 :p (obviously joking if you can't tell :p I was expecting to not get 2k iso just to spite me though lol)

while I am not sure if grocket is as good as carol, it is obvious they are way way WAY above spiderwoman thus why I would just wait until she is out if you already have her max covered, though I think you champed her so it isn't as much of a deal for you :p

Still haven't champed her, still probably won't (especially since I pulled my 13th Blade cover today, finally), but I don't actually have a problem with selling 4* covers if/when I think it's worth it. That and I want champ levels for my 4Cage, who is probably going to rotate out at the same time as her.

yup.

accidently redeemed my token I was planning on saving and got a mordo for it... so at least it wasn't spiderwoman lol.

Lol, same thing happened to me.

Only it was a 5*Black Panther. Now I have three 5* characters waiting to be rostered, haha. Luckily I have the space after I get rid of all my 2 stars. But I'll wait until they're almost expired before I sell those guys off.

Dalek

well my Carol is about to be Championed as soon as I get about 4,000 more ISO.

It's a shame she doesn't count as a Guardian for Rocket's strike tile ability. She was a Guardian in the books for a few issues!

Also-I see that there's a Kate Bishop cover at the 900 progression in the Deadpool PVP-but of course it's the one cover I have maxxed out.

zulux21

well my Carol is about to be Championed as soon as I get about 4,000 more ISO.

It's a shame she doesn't count as a Guardian for Rocket's strike tile ability. She was a Guardian in the books for a few issues!

Also-I see that there's a Kate Bishop cover at the 900 progression in the Deadpool PVP-but of course it's the one cover I have maxxed out.

if I had 2.5k hp I might buy the carol cover today, but since I only have 1.5 k because instead of selling 2 stars I merely bought more slots for starlord 3/5 and grocket.

oh well :p

and it would be crazy if she counted for the strike tile ability, at the same time it doesn't matter much given how quickly she will build them up with the third 3rd member :p

but yeah I have 5 extra roster slots right now (129 total)
two 2 stars I could sell since I have their replacements rostered already, and 3 1* black widows lol.

after I get that last blue cover for her I will likely be done. 3 roster spaces wasted on team ups for my alliance seems like a good enough amount lol.

Dalek

Ok championed Carol and I get a Black Panther out of it. Last night I got a OML too. My luck must be about to run out!

Top Bottom