• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Well I got 3 5*s for my 11 pulls, which is actually fitting in with the 1/4 rate...unfortunately, one of them was a OML black, and it sounds like they're only doing cover swaps for gambit >.>

Well I got 3 5*s for my 11 pulls, which is actually fitting in with the 1/4 rate...unfortunately, one of them was a OML black, and it sounds like they're only doing cover swaps for gambit >.>

That makes me feel less stupid for rostering the Phoenix I pulled as a dupe instead of asking for a swap.

zulux21

So who's champing Devil Dino? Have any of you already done so?

hodayathink has made a decent case for champing, and thus despite never planning to champ him.

if with double iso I get enough iso to finish off grocket4 and x23 (level 215 and 200) and get the iso to champ devil, I very well might since I will likely have like 8 covers to apply.

plus even though as annoying as it is that they nerfed him... his arms are still funny.

edit:

LOL!
the AI with prof x in the DDQ just managed to do 6 straight 5 matches and kill off hood and then get my champed gwenpool half dead... then took another turn and used the AP with thor to get another 3 straight 5 matches to murderize me.

Spoit

hodayathink has made a decent case for champing, and thus despite never planning to champ him.

if with double iso I get enough iso to finish off grocket4 and x23 (level 215 and 200) and get the iso to champ devil, I very well might since I will likely have like 8 covers to apply.

plus even though as annoying as it is that they nerfed him... his arms are still funny.

edit:

LOL!
the AI with prof x in the DDQ just managed to do 6 straight 5 matches and kill off hood and then get my champed gwenpool half dead... then took another turn and used the AP with thor to get another 3 straight 5 matches to murderize me.
Eh, I think that case only makes sense if you're going to break the HP bank to clear it out a few times. Personally, I'm going to continue saving for the rare chance one of those 80 item vaults has a 4* cover I actually need

zulux21

Eh, I think that case only makes sense if you're going to break the HP bank to clear it out a few times. Personally, I'm going to continue saving for the rare chance one of those 80 item vaults has a 4* cover I actually need

I already have 3 dino covers and will get another from the dino shield sim. so who knows.

I already burnt through most of the hp I had though as I bought 4-5 roster slots (I can't remember how many) and a 10 pack for the anniversary.

I rostered 3 different gambits and a 2* storm for sure lol.

NineH

Is OML's optimal build 5/5/3? I have him at 4/5/3 right now but thanks to the bugged pull rates earlier, I can make him either 5/5/3 or 3/5/5. I don't plan on champing him at all though because of scaling concerns and all that.

zulux21

Is OML's optimal build 5/5/3? I have him at 4/5/3 right now but thanks to the bugged pull rates earlier, I can make him either 5/5/3 or 3/5/5. I don't plan on champing him at all though because of scaling concerns and all that.

I think either way would likely be fine would would lean towards 5/5/3.

but i mean it depends on what you want to pair him with.

if it's often someone who uses black then the other way could be better.

Triz

I could have champed last year but held off because of the nerf...it has been done now. Spider Woman champed yesterday as well.

Dalek

Good thing I champed him too-I've already pulled 3 covers for Devil!

With all the ISO I championed Sandman-and I got another 5* Spidey. He's 5/1/1 for me. You know that that means! Only worthless dupes of the blue cover from here on out.

Triz

Good thing I champed him too-I’ve already pulled 3 covers for Devil!

With all the ISO I championed Sandman-and I got another 5* Spidey. He's 5/1/1 for me. You know that that means! Only worthless dupes of the blue cover from here on out.

Heh my OML has 5 covers...all of them are black. Its all I ever pull.

Managed to get Peggy most of the way done (I think Lv 253), I get a cover for her in a few days.

Got a Medusa cover from a Fan Favourites token, she's only at Lv 190 so I'll probably spend a few days leveling her.

I'll be out of town for Saturday and most of Sunday, also.

Spoit

OK, now it's starting to lightly sip health packs. Just a heads up, I'm probably going to have to pull back on the sunday clears, if we're not done by then, in order to save the health packs for pvp

zulux21

OK, now it's starting to lightly sip health packs. Just a heads up, I'm probably going to have to pull back on the sunday clears, if we're not done by then, in order to save the health packs for pvp

I wish I could give you some of mine lol.

I will try but I am busy today and tomorrow.

nnbyGdy.png

Zerkr

Neo Member
Hey guys, how’s it going ? Been playing the game since it’s came out and in the process of transitioning to 4 star land. Is there an opening in the GAF alliance group?

Thanks.

zulux21

so.... I am guessing that we won't make it to a complete finish, so after we get the last x23 cover I am likely going to stop messing with the boss.

so.... I am guessing that we won't make it to a complete finish, so after we get the last x23 cover I am likely going to stop messing with the boss.

Back of the napkin calculations: If the boss is worth at least 40K, then ignoring side nodes, we'd have to beat him about 150 times as a group. There's 3 refreshes left, so 15 times to go against him, 20 if you haven't done this refresh's clears yet (I haven't). So it's not impossible, but it would take at least 10 of us actively trying to do it.

Triz

I’m not able to focus on the nodes...stupid weekend events. I’m sure you saw my numbers drop after last night.

*edit Sroc has a billing issue with iTunes that is being resolved. He is still playing just can’t update the app until resolution so can’t log in.

Spoit

Back of the napkin calculations: If the boss is worth at least 40K, then ignoring side nodes, we'd have to beat him about 150 times as a group. There's 3 refreshes left, so 15 times to go against him, 20 if you haven't done this refresh's clears yet (I haven't). So it's not impossible, but it would take at least 10 of us actively trying to do it.

And looking at the list, it looks like only 9 of us have put much of an effort into it. IMO, save your health packs

zulux21

things are getting really long to deal with though with little rewards.

I mean if they stopped being stupid and made the unlock nodes stay at a trivial 30 or so instead of 300 it would be one thing...

but the unlock nodes take a while and then the boss takes a while. I mean I could just whale it easily but still....

zulux21

Any advice for finding a decent alliance? Mine isn’t even gonna get the three Gambits...

official forums or reddit.

Gafvengers will likely have one or two openings eventually, but the two people who aren't logging in very well haven't done so for an extended period of time so for now their spots are safe :p

Spoit

Also, one of them is a commander, so he has to leave on his own. Or be gone for long enough that support will remove him

zulux21

Also, one of them is a commander, so he has to leave on his own. Or be gone for long enough that support will remove him

yup. he is the major problem.
he isn't communicating at all, he seems to barely be playing, but yet keeps logging in enough that I can't make a case to CS even if I did want to boot him. I mean in the grand scheme of things I don't care too much. it would be nice to get a full iso bonus each day and have a fully active alliance for alliance events though.

I mean... absolute worst case, and people want to boot him, we could just make another alliance and all move there. It's not like the game tracks alliance history, and last I checked it wasn't that expensive to make an alliance anymore. I think it just costs the initial iso or hp or whatever. I don't think it costs HP per slot like it used to.

not something I have paid attention to though.

but I mean I wouldn't be apposed to increasing alliance requirements to
-Must try to log in each day, if you will miss for a prolonged time you should communicate such things.
- Should participate in alliance events as well as you can. life gets in the way, but a hit or two on a boss per day isn't that hard to do even when busy. The alliance events are good ways for weaker rosters to get some 4 stars, and also decent for those in 4 star land to get covers for a character.

as compared to the current loose rule of
-Try to log in each day, if you miss a bunch in a row you might be booted.

I mean, at no point do I want the alliance to be a serious alliance, as I mean I myself only actively do pvp or pve seriously from time to time. but I figure the alliance events which are focused on alliances are a good time to expect some participation from alliance players.

but I am tired and just throwing out thoughts lol.

I would love feedback from other members.

Spoit

I mean, I don't actually care that much about missing this token. But given how alliance event levels go up based on time, rather than tier, if you can get more than half the alliance actually going at full blast from the first day, you can finish the whole event before the unlock nodes start getting to an uncomfortable level.

I'm doing a set of clears now, but I'm probably going to skip them tomorrow unless it looks like we actually have a decent chance of finishing (which right now, we don't really)

things are getting really long to deal with though with little rewards.

I mean if they stopped being stupid and made the unlock nodes stay at a trivial 30 or so instead of 300 it would be one thing...

but the unlock nodes take a while and then the boss takes a while. I mean I could just whale it easily but still....

Yep. Sorry I'm not doing much during this event but I work through the weekends and this grind takes too long for me to really get into it. The enemy nodes haven't been too bad for me, but the bosses first phase is a damn slog. I finish him once and feel like I had my fill of the game for the day, lol.

zulux21

Yep. Sorry I'm not doing much during this event but I work through the weekends and this grind takes too long for me to really get into it. The enemy nodes haven't been too bad for me, but the bosses first phase is a damn slog. I finish him once and feel like I had my fill of the game for the day, lol.

it's all good.

anyways playing around with gambit his purple and red both are better than they read.

his purple can fire even if there aren't any enemy tiles on the board it just targets them first.

and his red targets charged tiles first and then gives you AP for them.

I feel like a 0/5/5 one could pair nicely with x23, but locking out her purple (and windows purple in the required nodes) kind of sucks

zulux21

So thoughts on 4* pun builds?

I run 3/5/5

in general the black is more impressive than the blue, but the blue pairs nicely with characters like 4* blade who is boosted.

so I just run 4* blade, and 3* iron man.

blade makes large strike tiles, and then after iron man goes off punisher can usually do a 14k+ aoe thanks to the strike tiles allowing you to down one enemy pretty quickly.

you get to make more strikes with blue you got from iron man, and if there is still something left 2 turns later blade comes back with his fury.

Dalek

Support is going to swap my 5* Blue Spidey for a red Spidey.

Also pulled another legendary token from my level 280 Devil Dinosaur today.

zulux21

Support is going to swap my 5* Blue Spidey for a red Spidey.

Also pulled another legendary token from my level 280 Devil Dinosaur today.

I got my x23 champed, so all that is left is if I can get 300k iso in 10 days or so to champ dino or if he turns into 5k iso instead :p

Triz

Ive pulled 3 4 stars from it but no Dino's (Gwenpool/Hulkbuster/Sandman) with 24 pulls.

Hit the 10 pack in pvp that gave me 2 Dino’s the venom 4* and 2900 hp. So I spent another 2800 on a 10 pack and pulled 2 of the fan favorites.

5 Dinos, all 7 other 4*, and 2 of the Fan Favorite legendaries. But not the HP (with about 60 pulls). I'm debating whether it's worth it to refresh the vault without having gotten it.

Edit: Finally got it on the 68th pull. Now time to reset.

Top Bottom