• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel, Ubisoft register Avengers: Battle for Earth domain name

http://fusible.com/2012/05/avengers...-game-headed-to-consoles-according-to-domain/

Fusible said:
The Avengers video game looks to have a title — Avengers: Battle for Earth.

On May 3, 2012, a day before the film was released in the United States, the domain name avengersbattleforearth.com (Whois) was registered through the brand protection company MarkMonitor.

The name was registered by Marvel Characters, Inc. and is currently listed on Ubisoft’s nameservers: nic1.ubisoft.com and nic2.ubisoft.com.

While there has been speculation the game may have been delayed, cancelled, or simply couldn’t work, the newest domain registration hints that it may be officially announced soon.

Ubisoft's involvement would seem to indicate that this is indeed a console game, since Marvel and Disney are handling smartphone and social gaming on their own. Guess we'll see if it's announced at Ubi's conference on June 4.

FoneBone

Unless they bought up THQ's project (unlikely), this seems like it'd be a ways off, since Marvel only got the rights back a few months ago.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Hope it's better than the movie.

2ZVz3.png

One could only hope

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
the movie looks ridiculous to me but all supehero movies look to me this way (except the last Batman). I guess I should give it a shot once it's out on blu-ray.

the game will be a shitty tie-in cash-in. It's Ubi.

the movie looks ridiculous to me but all supehero movies look to me this way (except the last Batman). I guess I should give it a shot once it's out on blu-ray.

the game will be a shitty tie-in. It's Ubi.

To be fair, Ubisoft has some decent movie-tie in games under their belt.

King Kong
Scott Pilgrim
Avatar (the games were not offensively bad)
Tintin

At least *ugh* SEGA *ugh* doesn't have the license.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Person comes in thread to post something stupid to get attention, GAF gives him the attention he craves. Why?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap

King Kong
Scott Pilgrim
Tintin

I have played Avatar only and it was decent.

Xater

King Kong
Scott Pilgrim
Tintin

King Kong and Avatar were pretty bad. Scott Pilgrim and Tintin were inoffensive but nothing to write home about.

SykoTech

The movie was great, thus I'd really like a quality game adaptation. Would be something all my family and friends would be interested in, which would be a big plus.

Don't have much faith in Ubisoft, but the Amazing Spider-Man tie-in looks pretty good so far. There might be some hope.

Xater

The movie was great, thus I'd really like a quality game adaptation. Would be something all my family and friends would be interested in, which would be a big plus.

Don't have much faith in Ubisoft, but the Amazing Spider-Man tie-in looks pretty good so far. There might be some hope.

Well but that is Activision and from a dev who does nothing but Spidey games.

Sojgat

Movie was awesome, but I have little faith in this game, unless it has a long dev time and is scheduled to launch with the next movie.

Officially announced for... Kinect and Wii U?

Ubisoft Entertainment announced a partnership Thursday with Marvel Entertainment to create a motion-control game based on the popular Marvel superhero posse. The game will be titled "Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth" and will be released for both the upcoming Wii U console from Nintendo Co. and the camera-based Kinect system for the Xbox 360 from Microsoft Corp.

"The idea that we're making a motion-control version of `The Avengers' is a unique proposition if you compare that to superhero games of the past," said Tony Key, Ubisoft's vice president of sales and marketing. "This is the perfect type of game for that because these characters are very action oriented. They're always fighting and throwing things."

"Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth" will focus on such characters as Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk and Thor battling an invasion of the genetically altered Skrull alien race. The motion-control action game will feature more than 20 characters from the Marvel universe and would be based on the "Secret Invasion" comic series, not the recent film.

No release date was announced, but Key said the disc-based title is expected to launch after Nintendo debuts the Wii U later this year. The successor to Nintendo's Wii will feature high-definition graphics, increased online capabilities and a touch-pad controller. He said more details about the game would be unveiled at next month's Electronic Entertainment Expo.

I imagine that the Kinect version will play similarly to PowerUP Heroes, which was also developed by Ubi Quebec, but I'm not sure how that'd translate to Wii U. And I guess maybe some of the Nintendo NDAs are beginning to lapse?

It would have worked better as a kind of four player co op game in different sandbox environments.

Be cool to have drop in and out matches with friends being either Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, having custom load outs/abilities and movement styles for each.

Iron Man could control largely similar to his previous games, except good lol.
Hulk could control like Venom from Ultimate Spiderman.
Thor could be played like a Kratos using the cestus but with a hammer and infamous style powers.
Captain America could have fighting like Batman from the arkham games.

Top Bottom