• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance PC/PS4/XB1 getting fixes and DLC thanks to Marvel Games!

RexNovis

Banned
Looks like Marvel is putting the pressure on Activision to actually make these MUA ports worth a damn!

#UltimateAlliance update! MUA1 DLC and PC fixes are on the way! More details to follow from @Activision soon!

Source

PC fixes and MUA1 DLC are on the way!!

oldmario

there's no need to thank them, the game should have shipped in a working condition especially at that price and being digital only

Neoxon

Kudos to Marvel for whipping Activision into shape.

That said, this may not bode well for the chances of MUA3 happening.

HotHamBoy

Wow, Activision sure is a garbage company if they could have done the DLC but just didn't feel like it.

Hope this comes to PS4.

Is it possible for all of the platform-specific characters to be brought together?

i wonder if MAU1 framerate can get bumped up too, that's actually a bigger deal to me.

Marvel can win the hearts of even more gamers if they announce MvC4 like tomorrow or something lol. Seriously Disney whens MAHVEL!!!!!????

please disney i beg you atleast release a new patch or version of MvC3. Revitalize the hypest fighting game of the last 10 years.

RexNovis

Banned
there's no need to thank them, the game should have shipped in a working condition especially at that price and being digital only

It honestly seems like Activision tried to sneak out a shitty port. When word got out the head of Marvel Games new push was very quick to say he heard people's complaints and he was on it. Fast forward 8 hours or so and we get this announcement. So yea it basically seems like Activision is getting the smack down from Marvel over their abuse of the license.

Is this only for PC?

Nope all platforms.

213372bu

Banned

Exactly, especially when it costs you $40 a pop for a version of a game that's essentially worse than the Xbox/PS2 versions at launch.

It should be expected.

KingBroly

Banned
Marvel can win the hearts of even more gamers if they announce MvC4 like tomorrow or something lol. Seriously Disney whens MAHVEL!!!!!????

please disney i beg you atleast release a new patch or version of MvC3. Revitalize the hypest fighting game of the last 10 years.

I wouldn't trust Capcom with that deal.

fernoca

It honestly seems like Activision tried to sneak out a shitty port. When word got out the head of Marvel Games new push was very quick to say he heard people's complaints and he was on it. Fast forward 8 hours or so and we get this announcement. So yea it basically seems like Activision is getting the smack down from Marvel over their abuse of the license.
Or maybe they just threw money at them. :p

Heck, there's still the mess in the movies around the X-Men and F4. And apparently Fox will try F4... again.

Activision has been known to release this rushed/bad products, and none of the IP holders cared. Some even ended making sequels with them.

If it was as easy as just smacking them, but money seems to always speak faster.

I mean, the damage is already done. I bought it on my 360 for 10 dollars less.

However, i never would have bought it, if it wasn't for the ports. So uh, guess it evens out.

From reading the Marvel push in gaming, they really should have seen the state it was in before release. Atleast they know now and are trying to get it fixed.

HotHamBoy

Frame rate is unlocked. Leading to a very inconsistent experience. Since it fluxuates from 30 into the high 40's and even up to 60 at some point. It would have been better to just lock it at 30.

Ugh. They need to fix that, too. I don't understand why performance is so bad for these 10 year old games.

Marvel's getting serious with videogames, they are not letting Activision to keep another shitty port untouched

When's the Marvel Game Universe?

Marvel calling Activision: what's going on Dave?

Dave: what do you mean.....?

Marvel: MUA...fix it, nau! Or I will kill you(in Arnold voice)

Dave: ok...

(Assuming there's a Dave in Activision that fixes shit)

Fin

Well, I think I'm willing to give them a second shot once we see the results. Still probably going to wait on a sale though, and the hope of some performance improvements for MUA1 wouldn't hurt.

Well, I think I'm willing to give them a second shot once we see the results. Still probably going to wait on a sale though, and the hope of some performance improvements for MUA1 wouldn't hurt.

I also will get it once it's properly fixed. I've never played any of them before.

Zereta

Marvel Games is trying to turn the Marvel video game narrative around. With Spider-Man PS4 getting so much hype, they need nothing to stand in their way.

Good on them for getting this going quickly though. I wanna buy this bundle. I'll wait till things settle down.

What are the terms for Activision's contract with Marvel content anyway? Hopefully Insomniac's Spider-Man is just the first in a future of Marvel publishing their own games.

Neoxon

What are the terms for Activision's contract with Marvel content anyway? Hopefully Insomniac's Spider-Man is just the first in a future of Marvel publishing their own games.
Marvel Games isn't publishing the Spider-Man game, they're just giving Insomniac the license to make the game. Sony's handling publishing duties for said Spider-Man game.

jmizzal

Its funny we havent heard anything from Activision, they would have just ignored the issues, glad Marvel got on it fast

RedBoot

I'll definitely buy MUA1 when the DLC is added. Might even get the bundle, I never bought MUA2's DLC either.

(These are called selling points, Acti)

fernoca

Its funny we havent heard anything from Activision, they would have just ignored the issues, glad Marvel got on it fast
They rarely comment on things, outside the generic "we're looking on it".

Even Tony Hawk got updated without much fanfare around it. :p

Bishop89

I love how Marvel is trying to associate their entire brand with quality throughout their entire catalogue. It's great to see them caring a lot.

Now get on mvc4!

Drayco21

I'll probably but the PS4 port for the first game after all then.

It should have launched with the DLC and more fixes, and it's unacceptable that they didn't, especially for what they were charging, but at least they're going to make good on the port.

Chris1

Huge respect to marvel. Most companies would just ignore it do its cool to see them actually step in and do something

jediyoshi

Soooo, if they didn't do anything with the game going forward, we definitely wouldn't be in the right to then complain, right?

It's great from Marvel to actually involve themselves in Activision's mess.
That makes me believe even more their recent proclamations that they want to become a serious player in console and PC gaming.

Top Bottom