• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

mr. puppy said:
gah why is everybody doing she-hulk/tron/zoning character its so boring to play against. the worst is when they throw in taskmaster and then the team has a bajillion health
It's because people are jumping on the new bandwagon set by JWong and Combofiend using their teams of She Hulk + Tron or She Hulk + Taskmaster. At least the character variety is going up from Wolverine/Akuma/Sentinel/Wesker.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Done tinkering I think. To clarify: I got about 777k out of Elemental Hyper -> HSF launcher -> MMHS -> Rocket Punch -> HSF

With Storm and Zero I tried: Crouching Magic Series with launch into -> MHS -> Elemental (immediately canceled) -> Sougenmu -> some M's and H's leading into a launch MHS -> OTG hyper for 834,500.

Sounds like it's still around then. FYI, if you are doing the glitch with Storm, you just have to cancel before the last hit, you don't have to cancel it very early.

Dahbomb

Guy on Shoryuken says it's removed (Zero game breaking snap back glitch with his Clone) and so is the Captain America infinite. Again I want to see more confirmations before I say it for sure, preferably a video by Desk. It's not exactly easy to test it unless you can do it on the money before.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Now that I'm finally bothering with the DHC glitch, what are some DHC glitch setups for Task/Wesker/Dante? I know they all have hypers that lead into it, but I wouldn't know what hyper to start it off with and in what situation. Now that I think about it, they have no glitch starting hypers?

I think Taskmaster's counter hyper might count, but don't quote me on that...and I don't think you can DHC off of it anyway, can you? I've never seen the need to try, since he can follow-up alone.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Storm magic series into air smackdown into hyper into Sent etc did 952,700 so I'm guessing that's better confirmation it's indeed still in.

Dahbomb

Nils said:
Now that I'm finally bothering with the DHC glitch, what are some DHC glitch setups for Task/Wesker/Dante? I know they all have hypers that lead into it, but I wouldn't know what hyper to start it off with and in what situation. Now that I think about it, they have no glitch starting hypers?
Dante's Grapple move into DHC can set it off. You need to have combos with Dante that end in Grapple. You do Grapple, Devil Trigger and then one of the counter hyper like Rhino Charge with Wesker and then do the self-OTG with Low shot into launch.

It's trickier to do with Taskmaster, the follow up I mean.

Nils said:
Dante can start it himself with rocket grappling hook and end it with Devil Trigger or you can just dhc into wesker or task.

Dahbomb

lupinko said:
How do you guys feel about potentially giving Capcom all your money again next year for
dat marvel
, hmmm?
That depends if Capcom is going to have Vergil, Gene and Strider in the game by next year.

Sounds like a shit load of DLC coming... spill the beans dude.

At least tell us what's on this damn patch that Capcom just released. Figuring out stuff is annoying.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'd take this more as teasing little DLC but a Super version next year.

El Sloth

Banned
lupinko said:
How do you guys feel about potentially giving Capcom all your money again next year for
dat marvel
, hmmm?
That entirely depends on what dat marvel+ brings to the table. Improved netcode? User friendly UI for finding matches online? Ability to find matches in the same way you can in SSIV(i.e. get a list of names and the little bars showing the quality of their connections)? Spectator mode?

Just for those I'd give Capcom my monies all over again. The potential extra characters and stages would just be gravy.

A nerf to X-Factor that removed level 2 and 3 and just kept 1 and it's bonuses(except maybe the length) would be cool too, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
lupinko said:
hxxp://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/57936439148691456

Speaks for itself really.

Okay, now I'm done...
for now.
lmao

I was already leaning against picking up any DLC after Jill & Shuma (which I only bought off a fellow Gaffer since he didn't want to redeem his code). Now I know it'll definitely be a wait and see deal for me to see what comes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
No PS3 patch yet.

You need to step it up lupinko wheres my KOFXIII info? ;)

:( any help for those who don't speak japanese?
The section you quoted is basic German.

"und ja, das ist sehr richtig."
=
"And yes, that is very true."

The Japanese translated into:
"Capcom is going to make Dattomavuru upgrade."

Dahbomb

Like I said I will get hyped when I see the content in it. Sort of expected that they are working on an upgrade but I expect big things (check my Ultimate MVC3 post for feature list).

In any case I am sure I am going to buy it day 1... I want DAT MAHVEL in my veins.

Doesn't appear to be any balance changes in the new patch. It seems more likely just a bug/glitch fix patch.

Grifter

Karsticles said:
I think Taskmaster's counter hyper might count, but don't quote me on that...and I don't think you can DHC off of it anyway, can you? I've never seen the need to try, since he can follow-up alone.

Can't DHC that.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Grifter said:
Can't DHC that.

That's what I thought. The follow-up you mentioned is jumping up immediately and raining down arrows? Or can you do more stuff afterwards?

Dahbomb

LEAKED Ultimate MVC3 feature list:

"ULTIMATE MVC3 confirmed to be coming in a year.

*All DLC released for the game up to the its release including more Titles/Events/Shadow mode.

*Full retail package includes 70+ characters that almost doubles the current roster (plus some old ones with more moves/options)

*20+ stages and some of the older ones receiving visual upgrades

*Each character has 5 selectable Assists now

*Each character has over 12 costumes including all the DLC costumes

*You can now select a character more than once upto 3 times (like in MVC2) but this is not the default option in the game

*Fully featured Online modes running on GGPO, Spectator mode, Replay modes/channel, better Matchmaking, Tournament/Championship modes etc. Link to servers where you can directly upload combo videos/in the lab videos and a channel where you can see them all.

*Superior Training options/modes, more combos added to Mission mode with videos to go along with it (and the mission requirement can be toggled on/off like in SF4). Personalized training session of every character in the game that teaches you combos, set ups, assist choices, team mate options, mix ups, block strings, DHC options etc. Videos about the Basics/Advance mechanics in the game, stuff like Advancing Guard, DHCs, THCs, TACs, XFC, wave dashing etc.

*Reworked Menus and User interface

*Full video endings for all characters and more themes/artwork.

*More high quality HYPE intro videos

*More options for Vs/Online mode (ability to Turn on/off X Factor, 1v1, 2v2, Banning pick/Random draft option, All random with or without random assist selection, Turbo mode etc.)

*TRUE 3v3 game play option in which one player controls one character which can be used both online and offline (separate playlist for this and you have to select it in Versus mode). No assists will be chosen, the player outside will be able to input any move available to the character and it will come as an assist as long as the cooldown isn't active.

*Reworked AI battles using up to date combos, strategies, mix ups, block strings, assist types and other stuff. A lot of Shadow Mode battles will be in the game and will randomly come in Arcade mode (like having to play against JWong's Wolverine/Storm/Akuma team).

GET
UN-
HYPED!!!

Alucrid

Banned
Karsticles said:
I know I'm not Q, but Taskmaster can OTG relaunch on his own with some practice; I'm not sure Wesker's Samurai Edge really has a place with him unless you want to set up unblockables, and a lockdown assist would let you do that anyway with Taskmaster's unblockable attack. Just my two cents.

Yeah. I know you can OTG with the heavy version of his arrows, but I don't have any assist that can take care of that (Ammy/Wesker). I suppose Cold Star could work so I can get the unblockable in. I just need to remember the combo for that now. :lol

Dahbomb

Grecco said:
I dont really care about 2012 and super marvel if they ever make that.

I care about todays patch! What does it have!
Captain America infinite. Seems like it was handled the exact same way Akuma's was where they just reduced the hit stun on the move.

Removed the Zero glitch too supposedly.

Alucrid said:
Yeah. I know you can OTG with the heavy version of his arrows, but I don't have any assist that can take care of that (Ammy/Wesker). I suppose Cold Star could work so I can get the unblockable in. I just need to remember the combo for that now. :lol
If you want to set up Taskmaster's unblockables, you need to have Doom on your team (Ammy's Cold star is good too). Hidden Missiles assists give you enough time to hit that unblockable.

Alucrid said:

I've seen it being done with sentinel.

edit: LOL, my bad, I thought you were asking which characters can help him OTG. It sure is too early for me to post.

Grecco

Dahbomb said:
Captain America infinite. Seems like it was handled the exact same way Akuma's was where they just reduced the hit stun on the move.

Removed the Zero glitch too supposedly.

If you want to set up Taskmaster's unblockables, you need to have Doom on your team (Ammy's Cold star is good too). Hidden Missiles assists give you enough time to hit that unblockable.

A friend of mine told me Caps infinite was removed in the sentinel patch..

what was the zero glitch?

Dahbomb

LOL your friend was WRONG, Cap's infinite was in the Sentinel patch for sure.

Zero glitch was if you had the Clone hyper activated and the other player used assist, if you used Snapback and your clone hit the assist with the snapback attack it would cause both characters to be snapped back but no one will come back meaning it's a game breaking glitch. It was on the top of everyone's "things to be changed in the game glitch wise" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom