• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
A Pretty Panda said:
Hooray finally platinumed this game. Missions are so dumb. Either the combos are impractical as shit or so easy you wonder why they give it a 5 star rating on difficulty.
Viewtiful Joe #10 mindfucked me pretty bad for some reason. That one took forever.

Anyway, I happened to notice a new arcade literally 1 minute down the street from my apartment today. Need to look into getting something going there.

I can't remember if I said it or not, but the paint picture of Marvel-GAF is amazing.

Also, some videos from that last tourney I won are up. I played...okay. Dropped a lot of shit, and missed many confirms, but there are some bright spots. Worse play than usual but enough to git r done.

All Spidey/Task/X-23 on my side. Each sentence is a different vid.

I get trolled badly by Team Viscant.

Miss some stuff here but generally much cleaner play.

Revenge on Phoenix (best set for sure). Loser's Finals.

Grand Finals, make it out of Loser's to take it. Low points and high points abound. Miss at last 8 combos on Ammy near the middle. Makes me sick to watch these lol. But there's some cool stuff.

Not sure when my exhibition matches are going up. Will post when they are.

Neki

Killa Sasa said:
I can't remember if I said it or not, but the paint picture of Marvel-GAF is amazing.

Also, some videos from that last tourney I won are up. I played...okay. Dropped a lot of shit, and missed many confirms, but there are some bright spots. Worse play than usual but enough to git r done.

Grand Finals, make it out of Loser's to take it. Low points and high points abound. Miss at last 8 combos on Ammy near the middle. Makes me sick to watch these lol. But there's some cool stuff.

that spiderman set up on phoenix during loser finals, godlike.

also, pretty sure you can combo off your air throw with a otg assist, saw it on some japanese spider man combo videos. ;o

also, yuo gotta use that weapon x prime more. was watching grand finals and he was just spamming chaotic flame on you. D:

Ultimoo said:
also, pretty sure you can combo off your air throw with a otg assist, saw it on some japanese spider man combo videos. ;o

also, yuo gotta use that weapon x prime more. was watching grand finals and he was just spamming chaotic flame on you. D:

Ah yes, that Japanese Spider-Man video saved me. Can't OTG with X-23 midscreen though, she comes out too slow. Deadpool and Wesker work for sure though.

Most of the time for WXP against his Dorm, he either had a bar in which he could DHC to Shuffle, floating over X-23 and punishing Laura, or it would beat it in startup. While X-23 has about 60 frames of invincibility on it, it doesn't start till frame 6. I've had it snuffed out by Chaotic Flame before, and I wanted to play it safe since I was dropping so much stuff T_T.

Thanks for looking out though, definitely some mess in there hahaha.

Neki

Killa Sasa said:
Ah yes, that Japanese Spider-Man video saved me. Can't OTG with X-23 midscreen though, she comes out too slow. Deadpool and Wesker work for sure though.

Most of the time for WXP against his Dorm, he either had a bar in which he could DHC to Shuffle, floating over X-23 and punishing Laura, or it would beat it in startup. While X-23 has about 60 frames of invincibility on it, it doesn't start till frame 6. I've had it snuffed out by Chaotic Flame before, and I wanted to play it safe since I was dropping so much stuff T_T.

Thanks for looking out though, definitely some mess in there hahaha.

oh I see. I always thought it had good invincible frames at the beginning like Bionic Arm, but I guess not. Does Weapon X prime not hit Ammy when she's floating? Ah, I thought you could OTG with X-23, that sucks. Your spiderman is really good though, I've been practicing mine, but your movement is amazing. It sucks that Ammy is so hard with Spiderman though, those limbs aren't long enough.

also, you never went for the UWT set up after an OTG. do the people you play with know how to beat it? :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Killa Sasa said:

Enjoyable sets to watch, I love watching all Spiderman play. No respect for dude playing Team Viscant/Flocker though, sorry.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
Enjoyable sets to watch, I love watching all Spiderman play.

I agree, very fun to watch. Apart from Spider-Man your team is close to mine. I run Task/X-23/Dorm. Noticed you don't do any feint stuff with X-23 either but still manage to make her shine. I really lack the execution to perform that stuff, judging by your Spider-Man I reckon you can probably pull it off, but choose not to risk them in tournament matches? Lots of walljumps too. I love walljumping in tandem with Task's assist.

Dahbomb

COMPLETE STATISTICAL BREAKDOWN OF CHARACTER USAGE IN THE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 TOURNAMENT SEASON

MAJOR TOURNAMENT TOP 8 WINNERS FOR MVC3

WINTER BRAWL

1. EG.Justin Wong (She-Hulk, Amaterasu, Tron Bonne)
2. RyRy (Magneto, Dormammu/Haggar, Sentinel)
3. Josh Wong (Viewtiful Joe, Sentinel, Taskmaster)
4. DMG.PR Rog (Dante, Storm, Chun-Li)
5. EMP Remix (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel)
5. Mike Infinite (Storm, Sentinel, Phoenix)
7. Noel Brown (Dormammu, Sentinel, Doom)
7. ALZARATH (Wesker, Trish, Sentinel)

FINAL ROUND

1. Combofiend (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer)
2. EG.Justin Wong (She-Hulk, Amaterasu, Tron Bonne)
3. Marn (Magneto, Zero, Sentinel)
4. DMG.PR Rog (Dante, Storm, Chun-Li)
5. EMP.Twisted Jago (Wesker, Dante, Trish)
5. RyRy (Magneto, Dormammu, Sentinel)
7. Mike Infinite (Amaterasu, Zero, Tron)
7. TTC.Tokido (Wolverine, Akuma, Sentinel)

Power Up

1. fLoE (She-Hulk, Dante, Dormammu)
2. UVG|Noel Brown (Dormammu, Sentinel, Doom)
3. EG|Justin Wong (Wolverine, Storm, Akuma)
4. DJ Ramsey (Sentinel, Taskmaster, Haggar)
5. DMG|PR Balrog (Amaterasu, Wolverine, Tron Bonne)
5. TS|NerdJosh (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Tron Bonne)
7. CCG|Detrimantix (She-Hulk, Magneto/Wolverine, Tron Bonne)
7. DerrickLegend (Trish, Morrigan, Phoenix)

UFGT7

1) EG Justin Wong (She Hulk, Wolverine, Akuma)
2) Rexzor (Magneto, Wesker, Sentinel)
3) Kerahime (Tron, Dante, Sentinel)
4) Frankie G (Magneto, Wesker, Sentinel)
5) fLoE (She Hulk, Dante, Dormammu)
5) TS NerdJosh (She Hulk, Taskmaster, Tron)
7) Omg iTz Andre (Magneto, Wesker, Amaterasu)
7) DMG PR Balrog (Wolverine, Amaterasu, Tron)

ECT3

1st – ChrisG (Amaterasu, Ryu, Wesker)
2nd – Ryry (Magneto, Zero, Akuma)
3rd – Josh Wong (Dante, Magneto, Felicia)
4th – EMP SmoothViper (Magneto, Dormammu, Sentinel)
5th – MastaCJ (Dormammu, Magneto, Wesker)
5th – UVG Noel Brown (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
7th – EMP EvilRahsaan (Spider-Man, Sentinel, Phoenix)
7th – EMP Remix (Magneto, Wolverine, Sentinel)

CEO

1. TTC|Tokido (Wolverine, Sentinel, Phoenix)
2. EG|Justin Wong (She-Hulk, Wolverine, Akuma)
3. LB|NYChrisG (Amaterasu, Ryu, Wesker)
4. EMP|Twisted Jago (Wesker, Dante, Trish)
5. EMP|Remix (Magneto, Wolverine, Sentinel)
5. EMP|Evil Rahsaan (Spider-Man, Sentinel, Phoenix)
7. DMG|PR Balrog (Dante, Wolverine, Tron)
7. Ryan Hunter (Dante, Amaterasu, Dormammu)

Revelations

1. Viscant (Wesker, Iron Man, Phoenix)
2. Filipino Champ (Dormammu, Magneto, Phoenix)
3. Clakey D (Magneto, Wolverine, Tron)
4. Fanantiq (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel)
5. Combofiend (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer)
5. DiosX (Doctor Doom, Storm, Sentinel)
7. Killer Kai (Wesker, Zero, Taskmaster)
7. Richard Nguyen (Dante, Haggar, Phoenix)

NorCal Regionals 9

1. EG|Justin Wong (She-Hulk, Wolverine, Akuma)
2. Minh (Taskmaster, Magneto, Wesker, Phoenix)
3. fLoE (She-Hulk, Wolverine, Akuma)
4. X-Ray (Dante, Amaterasu, Magneto)
5. CCG|Detramantix (Wolverine, Sentinel, Phoenix)
5. Filipino Champ (Magneto, Dormammu, Phoenix)
7. Wentinel (Dormammu, Tron, Sentinel)
7. MCZ|Daigo Umehara (Wolverine, Dante, Akuma)

Shadowloo Showdown

1. MCZ|Tokido (Wolverine, Sentinel, Phoenix)
2. MCZ|Mago (Amaterasu, Magneto, Sentinel)
3. Tom (Wolverine, Sentinel, Phoenix)
4. Xian (Magneto, Wesker, Akuma)
5. ToXY (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
5. DTB|Max Carnage (She-Hulk, Magneto, Sentinel)
7. Laiger (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Tron)
7. Burnout (Amaterasu, Zero, Spencer)

EVO 2K11

Winner: Viscant (Wesker/Haggar/Phoenix)
2. PR Balrog (Wolverine/Dante/Tron/Amaterasu)
3. Justin Wong (She Hulk/Wolverine/Akuma/Storm/Wesker)
4. Combofiend (She Hulk/Taskmaster/Spencer)
5. Noel Brown (Wolverine/Wesker/Akuma/Phoenix)
5. Filipino Champ (Magneto/Sentinel/Phoenix/Dormammu)
7. X-Ray (Dante/Amaterasu/Magneto)
7. Mine (Wesker/Taskmaster/Phoenix)

Summer Jam

1. LB|ChrisGNY (Amaterasu, Ryu, Wesker)
2. UVG|Noel Brown (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
3. BT|IFC Yipes (Magneto, Dante, Akuma)
4. SmoothViper (Magneto, Sentinel, Phoenix)
5. RyRy (Zero, Magneto, Akuma)
5. AG|MarlinPie (C. Viper, Magneto, Amaterasu)
7. RDK (Trish, Magneto, Wesker)
7. DRS|Masta CJ (Dormammu, Magneto, Wesker)

MAT VIII 2011

1- Akumamatata (Montreal) (She Hulk, Amaterasu, Phoenix)
2- EMP_Jago (USA) (Wesker, Dante, Trish)
3- Mr Trite (Toronto) (Taskmaster, Wolverine, Sentinel)
4- Nick Cam (Toronto) (Wesker, Akuma, Phoenix)
5- Quan “QuanDizzle” (Toronto) (Taskmaster, Magneto, Dormammu)
5- Smokey (Montreal) (Wolverine, Magneto, Akuma)
7- Familyman (Ottawa) (Hulk, Sentinel, Haggar)
7- WhiteR (Toronto) (Wesker, Taskmaster, Akuma)

Toronto 12

1 AG.MarlinPie – (C.Viper/Magneto/Amaterasu)
2 coL.CC.Combofiend – (She-Hulk/Taskmaster/Spencer)
3 CCG.Detrimantix – (Wolverine/Sentinel/Phoenix)
4 A&C.RDK – (Trish/Magneto/Wesker)
5 Quandizzle – (Magneto/Dormammu/Taskmaster)
5 Mr. Trite – (She-Hulk/Taskmaster/Akuma)
7 [YRSF]Chaos2D – (Dante/Magneto/Akuma)
7 Smokey – (Wolverine/Magneto/Akuma)

Devastation

1. EG|Justin Wong (Storm, Wesker, Akuma)
2. cc.coL|Combofiend (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer)
3. BA|Viscant (Wesker, Haggar, Phoenix)
4. DMG|PR Balrog (Dante, Wolverine, Tron)
5. Fanatiq (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel)
5. UVG|Noel Brown (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
7. FC|Twisted Jago (Wesker, Dante, Trish)
7. Chrisis (C. Viper, Dante, Magneto/Haggar)

Seasons Beatings Velocity

1. Flocker (Zero, Tron, Phoenix)
2. BA|Viscant (Wesker, Tron, Haggar, Phoenix)
3. DMG|PR Balrog (Dante, Wolverine, Tron)
4. cc.coL|Filipino Champ (Magneto, Dormammu, Phoenix)
5. BT|IFC Yipes (Wesker, Dante, Akuma)
5. EG|Justin Wong (Storm, Wesker, Akuma)
7. FC|Twisted Jago (Wesker, Dante, Trish)
7. DJ Huoshen (Felicia, Super-Skrull, Taskmaster)

Canada Cup 2011

1. Filipino Champ (Dormammu, Magneto, Phoenix)
2. Justin Wong (Storm, Wesker, Akuma)
3. Tokido (Wolverine, Sentinel, Phoenix)
4. FloE (Dante, Wolverine, Akuma)
5. XSK Samurai (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel)
5. Ricky O (She Hulk, Wolverine, Akuma)
7. Marn (Magneto, Zero, Akuma)
7. Mike Ross (Storm, Hulk, Sentinel)

BREAKDOWN BY CHARACTERS

*Astrerisk indicates an EVO appearance in that position. EVO appearance outranks another tournament appearance if appearance number matches with another

Same number of appearance are ranked in reverse chronological order meaning a character that has won a more recent tournament is ranked higher up

TOTAL TOP 8 APPEARANCES

1) Magneto: 44*
2) Wesker: 36*
3) Sentinel: 36*
4) Wolverine: 34*
5) Akuma: 31*
6) Phoenix: 27*
7) Dante: 26*
8) She Hulk: 23*
9) Taskmaster: 19*
10) Tron: 18*
11) Amaterasu: 18*
12) Dormammu: 18*
13) Storm: 14*
14) Trish: 9
15) Haggar: 8*
16) Zero: 8
17) Spencer: 6
18) Dr Doom: 3
19) Ryu: 3
20) C Viper: 3
21) Felicia: 2
22) Spider Man: 2
22) Chun Li: 2
24) Hulk: 2
25) Iron Man: 1
26) Super Skrull: 1
27) Morrigan: 1
28) Viewtful Joe: 1

GRAND FINAL APPEARANCES

1) Wesker: 11*
2) She Hulk: 10
3) Phoenix: 10*
4) Amaterasu: 8*
5) Magneto: 8 (most 2nd place spots)
6) Wolverine: 7*
7) Akuma: 7
8) Tron: 5*
9) Sentinel: 5
10) Dormammu: 5
11) Dante: 3*
12) Haggar: 3*
13) Spencer: 3
14) Taskmaster: 3
15) Zero: 2
16) Ryu: 2
17) Storm: 2
18) Iron Man: 1
19) C Viper: 1
20) Trish: 1
21) Dr Doom: 1

TOURNAMENT WINNERS

1) Phoenix: 7*
2) She Hulk: 6
3) Wesker: 5*
4) Amaterasu: 5
5) Wolverine: 4
6) Akuma: 3
7) Sentinel: 2
8) Tron: 2
9) Ryu: 2
10) Dormammu: 2
11) Magneto: 2
12) Haggar: 1*
13) Zero: 1
14) Storm: 1
15) C Viper: 1
16) Iron Man: 1
17) Dante: 1
18) Spencer: 1
19) Taskmaster: 1

ANALYSIS OF STATISTICS

*MORE THAN HALF of the roster has a tournament win under their belt (exactly 19 in fact). However actual appearances even up to top 8 still doesn't cover the entire roster (shy of about 10 characters who never made it as far as top 8). These characters are: Hsien Ko, Arthur, Deadpool, Thor, MODOK, Shuma Gorath, Jill, Captain America, X-23, Chris.

*The Top 5 Most Used characters in the Top 8 make up over 50% of the characters used in all major tournaments of MVC3. The top 3 make up over 1/3rd (33%) of all characters used (Magneto, Sentinel, Wesker).

*Out of the Top 15 Most Used characters in Top 8... ALL of them have had an appearance at EVO TOP 8 except Trish. Trish in fact has not won a single major MVC3 tournament despite being considered a strong character in the game.

*Magneto is the most popular Top 8 character and has the MOST 2nd place spots at tournaments (as in most Runner Up spots). Magneto's conversion rate from tournament use to actual tournament win is actually pretty poor and so is Sentinel's (both characters have had over 30 appearances in top 8 but have 1 tournament win each). She Hulk has the best record out of the top 5 in terms of usage as over half of the top 8 She Hulk end up finishing at Runner Up or 1/3d of them go on to win the tournament.

*Phoenix has the most tournament wins under her belt. Phoenix edges out She Hulk as not only being more prominent in the more recent meta game but also has the EVO Championship under her belt effectively makes her the best result oriented character in the game.

*Wesker has an extremely solid performance throughout his tournament life and is featured at top 3 of all Top 8, most Grand Final appearances and 2nd highest Tournament wins. To top it off, Wesker has the EVO title as well.

*Sentinel is by far the most popular anchor character in the game at Top 8 (with 34 appearances most of them featuring him at the last slot or 2nd). Akuma overtakes Sentinel in win percentage as he has a better win conversion at anchor spot. Akuma has 3 tournament wins to Sentinel's 1.

*Haggar is less popular than Tron but has a better match efficacy including an EVO win over Tron.

*Amaterasu has better efficacy than Wolverine. Wolverine is by far more popular but Ammy has 1 more tournament win than Wolverine. Neither have won EVO. Amaterasu has better versatility in slot positions as Wolverine has been used mostly in first spot and sometimes in 2nd spot. Amaterasu has been used in all 3 slots almost with an equal spread.

*The weirdest fact that is deduced from these stats is that Iron Man who has been used only once in Top 8 has gone on to win that tournament making his efficacy from Top 8 to Tournament Win 100%!

*C. Viper was pretty much absent from the tournament scene before EVO but after EVO she got a win and a couple of appearances.

*Zero has a steady track record. While not being extremely popular he has a decent efficacy in tournaments and has the most recent tournament win under his belt.

*Tron's efficacy has been consistent all throughout her tournament life. She has the first and the last tournament win for MVC3 (Winter Brawl to Seasons Beating includin EVO showing).

*Out of the Lowest tier in MVC3, Chun Li has the best representation at 2 appearances as the anchor/assist character on a team. From the top tier, Zero, Dante and Viper have the worst showing with Dante leading the pack as despite being the most popular of the 3 (at a whopping 27 appearances at Top 8 including EVO) still has only 1 win under his belt like the other 2. The rest of the representation when looked at the stats as a whole (Top 8 + Grand finals + Winners) the results are generally consistent with tier rankings.

*Justin Wong and Viscant are the most consistent MVC3 players out there. They have placed top 5 or better in every tournament they have been in. Justin Wong has had more tournament apperances and hence more wins but Viscant has the EVO championship under his belt. The characters that these 2 players have used have been the most successful characters in MVC3's career (mostly because they were the ones who were winning with said characters).

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I definitely should go for more cheap unblockables, but I hate using my OTG too early :p I need to lab some different ones so I have a bit more variety when I do use the unblockables.

Never went for the UWT reset because it's not as fun to do -- I'll do it when I'm feeling lazy. X-23's OTG relaunch off that is definitely tighter timing than Wesker/Deadpool relaunch off of it too. Still doable though, just gotta mash ;)

Nils said:
I agree, very fun to watch. Apart from Spider-Man your team is close to mine. I run Task/X-23/Dorm. Noticed you don't do any feint stuff with X-23 either but still manage to make her shine. I really lack the execution to perform that stuff, judging by your Spider-Man I reckon you can probably pull it off, but choose not to risk them in tournament matches? Lots of walljumps too. I love walljumping in tandem with Task's assist.

I can do all X-23's stuff, but most of the time, I have her in there for her amazing XFC capabilities (best after Wesker/Wolvie/PHX in XF imo -- XF2/3 Dirt Nap is so cheap too). As well, you're right, I didn't feel like I could hit it at the time, and most of the time I landed I clean hit I felt I could kill with something easier at the cost of more bar.

Her real combos are so fun to do though. Makes you feel pretty badass. And I gotta thank Max for the walljumps, I completely ignored them despite them being extremely badass until he did Assist me for X-23. She's such a blindingly fast and surprisingly mobile character.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Added new statistical breakdown to OP. Recently got back my MvC3 and I'm as scrubby as ever. Being out of practice even for 2 weeks screws up your execution, even at a low level :lol

Sasa, how are your feelings on Spiderman in Ultimate?

enzo_gt said:
Added new statistical breakdown to OP. Recently got back my MvC3 and I'm as scrubby as ever. Being out of practice even for 2 weeks screws up your execution, even at a low level :lol

Sasa, how are your feelings on Spiderman in Ultimate?

I think he's going to be awesome. The loss of damage hurts a bit, but he seems more mobile and much more self-sufficient.

Spider-Man by himself is one of the worst characters in Vanilla IMO. He can do damage but can't open anyone up at all - pushblock kills his whole game w/o assists if the opponent can block even somewhat decently.

I'll have to be way smarter with regular air dashing now that he can't block, but the zip speed boost should help negate it if he can block out of it once it reaches the wall.

His Ultimate changes fix his solo problems that by giving him some versatility with his new special cancelability, a speed boost, and real mixups/traps. He'll still hit hard enough too, but have some really tricky resets as well. Better speed and recovery on his projectiles is great too, and it doesn't look like his regular web throw range was nerfed *too* much. Easier to link MS off of it and still a hard knockdown as well. He's not going to be relegated to point and point alone anymore IMO (still will be his best spot). He might even be able to get something of his air throw solo now with air throw, web ball xx OTG zip, and continue once the zip OTG's and the web ball captures. Really hoping this works because it would look awesome as shit.

What looks like the loss of the UWT reset is kinda sucky, but it needed to go - it was so cheesy :p. Plus, it looks like it has better application for its intended use now (provided it starts up slightly faster). Hoping he still has the Phoenix kill.

His new thing of being able to link his supers together via web zip OTG xx Maximum Spider will be cool too.

All in all, Really hype for Ultimate Spider-Man. Can't wait to get my hands on him to see what kind of things he's got up his sleeve, and his already great mobility is pretty much equal (speed boost minus airdash blocking).

I especially want to see what he can do with Hawkeye backing him. Triple Arrow is gdlk, but poison arrow being unscaled means I might be able to approach Vanilla damage numbers if it's fast enough to work.

Just over a week to go :D

JeTmAn81

Ggs, Ultimoo. It's going to be very interesting playing this game without invincible assists. I guess I will be switching out Haggar for Nemesis if I play Team Armor in the future. I still hate your Tron. Will you start playing her on point most of the time in Ultimate?

Neki

JeTmAn81 said:
Ggs, Ultimoo. It's going to be very interesting playing this game without invincible assists. I guess I will be switching out Haggar for Nemesis if I play Team Armor in the future. I still hate your Tron. Will you start playing her on point most of the time in Ultimate?
haggar assist is so annoying, beats tron everytime. :( I was thinking about making a team built around Tron on point, but she's going to be weaker without DHC glitch, and if I can't combo mid-screen off a jumping H. I'll have to try it her out in ultimate before I make my choice.

kirblar

Killa Sasa said:

In Grand Finals, can't you punish Dorm's Chaotic Flames with an X-23 rush hyper? Or will an Ammy DHC wreck your set up?

kirblar said:
In Grand Finals, can't you punish Dorm's Chaotic Flames with an X-23 rush hyper? Or will an Ammy DHC wreck your set up?

Ammy DHC ruins it, and Weapon X Prime doesn't have immediate invulnerable frames (starts on frames 6).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kirblar said:
I thought this too, but in certain instances I saw Sasa didn't have enough meter, too.

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
Nevermind the STUPENDOUSLY GODLIKE match that took place... but the high five at the end between the two competitors was the greatest.

I remember in the CC thread there was a guy who said no way FChamp is going to come back from that because he was mind broken... no way did that guy look mind broken after that. Especially with the lead he had, he lost the match and was just like "Hey it's Mahvel baybee it's never over till it's over!"

And yea this is "Never Give Up 3.0". Also I don't know if Justin Wong meant to do that teleport option select it's like he almost saw that Magnetic Shockwave was coming. FChamp clearly wanted to do shockwave but got crossed up from the teleport.

Dahbomb said:
Nevermind the STUPENDOUSLY GODLIKE match that took place... but the high five at the end between the two competitors was the greatest.

I remember in the CC thread there was a guy who said no way FChamp is going to come back from that because he was mind broken... no way did that guy look mind broken after that. Especially with the lead he had, he lost the match and was just like "Hey it's Mahvel baybee it's never over till it's over!"

And yea this is "Never Give Up 3.0".
Wasn't that guy you? ;D

Dahbomb

No that wasn't me lol. Some other guy said FChamp couldn't come back. I was the one who turned off the stream before even bracket the reset because I thought Justin had won this. :D

LakeEarth

The ending of that match was unbelievable. The last second teleport to flip the input and turn shockwave, which would've easily finished the match, into tempest. And of course Justin knew exactly how to punish it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:

And yea this is "Never Give Up 3.0". Also I don't know if Justin Wong meant to do that teleport option select it's like he almost saw that Magnetic Shockwave was coming. FChamp clearly wanted to do shockwave but got crossed up from the teleport.
It truly is, especially since they look back at the crowd, see the show that they both put on and everyone enjoying it in unison and then BAM HIGH FIVE.

Kimosabae

Banned
So I've finally got a training partner that's consistent, so I can finally start putting all that training mode to work. It's changing my perspective on this game a bit. I think I hate the emphasis on Assists. Kinda starting to wish this game was 2v2. That might just be the salt tho.

Dahbomb

I think I hate the emphasis on Assists.
If you hate the emphasis on ASSISTS in a MARVEL VS CAPCOM game... then you are playing the wrong game my friend. Assists control the tempo of the game sort of like footsies in SF. The threat of an assist coming to blow you up is matched only by putting out an assist without cover with the fear of having the assist getting blown up.

Kimosabae

Banned
An emphasis =/= imply one can't find harmony with the concept itself. I just think this game has it dialed to an extreme I'm not sure I like. But I never really got into the other Marvel games so I can't say.

It is true, though; I love Marvel's aesthetics but I'm more of a Guilty Gear guy.

Tobe

so i had a tournament today, only losing to the winner and the runner up.
the match vs the winner i used viscant, god that was a bad choice shouldve played with my mag/wolv/akuma team, even in the button check magneto and wolverine popped in the random select and i just ditched them :(

goddamit i fucked up badly in my losers match i had already won and i choked, also FUCK DANTE. for now i only have the brackets, but when i get the awesome
ly crappy videos
ill post them.

Brackets http://challonge.com/mvcfinaljustice2 in the bracket im "lay"
felix's team was tokido and runner up zack was a wesker/dante/zero.
funny thing about the tournament is that the 3rd place was a captain america/deadpool/taskmaster and that guy always goes 1-2 but this time he came drunk/hangover and got 3rd place, fucking alcohol how does it work?!

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
Marvel has the weakest assist system of all 3 iterations - Marvel 1 and 2 would have driven you nuts.
True that. And assists are even weaker in UMVC3 with there being no invincible ones. They will still be important in controlling space and assisting rushdown.

Azure J

Tobe1 said:
so i had a tournament today, only losing to the winner and the runner up.
the match vs the winner i used viscant, god that was a bad choice shouldve played with my mag/wolv/akuma team, even in the button check magneto and wolverine popped in the random select and i just ditched them :(

goddamit i fucked up badly in my losers match i had already won and i choked, also FUCK DANTE. for now i only have the brackets, but when i get the awesome
ly crappy videos
ill post them.

Brackets http://challonge.com/mvcfinaljustice2 in the bracket im "lay"
felix's team was tokido and runner up zack was a wesker/dante/zero.
funny thing about the tournament is that the 3rd place was a captain america/deadpool/taskmaster and that guy always goes 1-2 but this time he came drunk/hangover and got 3rd place, fucking alcohol how does it work?!

Sounds like he was using that Urley Frank West technology. :lol

This sounds interesting though, I wanna see your play when the vids go up.

Kimosabae

Banned
Some of you will find this amusing.

When MvC2 came out on Dreamcast/PS2, I played it with my fam religiously - but I turned "off" the Assists (I think this was achieved through not assigning assist buttons in the config. Can't remember if there was an actual option or not). I always thought they were silly and just "got in the way" of the real core of the gameplay - fighting my opponent. I never viewed MvC as a "serious" fighter, so I felt turning the Assists off made the game more competitive.

It wasn't until I got into competitive fighters some years later that I stumbled onto SRK and was introduced to the strategies behind using Assists.

I didn't want any of it, lol. I stopped playing that game immediately. Thank goodness for GGXX and Melee. Those games satisfied my desire for something fast and twitchy.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay. Who really sucks at this game and wants to play against me tonight? I'm going to test out the game on my stream before Ultimate hits.

LakeEarth said:
Someone on Live once bitched at me for using assists. Like it was cheating or something.
Did you throw though? Because that shit is cheap.
Kadey said:
Okay. Who really sucks at this game and wants to play against me tonight? I'm going to test out the game on my stream before Ultimate hits.
I suck, but I only have the game on PS3 :/

Bizazedo

Kadey said:
I don't think I *really* suck, but I'd join. Lobbies aren't so bad, either, if there's a streamchat or people have mics to joke around on with.

Dahbomb

I don't think there was an option to turn off assists but I do think you could just not have the assist function mapped. Been a long time.

We used to have MVC1 non-assist character play after we got hella tired of picking the same god tier assist characters over and over again.

I am with God's Beard on the fact that if MVC games didn't have assists, they would be pretty mediocre fighters.

Top Bottom