• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HOB60hc.jpg

Official Trailer.
Gameplay Trailer.
Extended Gameplay Trailer.

QUICK FACTS:
  • PS4, X1, & Steam
  • Late 2017 Release Date
  • 2v2, raw tags are instant and designed to carry combos fluidly
  • No more assists, DHCs are back
  • Huge cast; confirmed characters: Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Ryu, Megaman X, Morrigan.
    no - but i did hear initial character count is low 30's. if i had to guess, season pass would be 6-10 characters split across marvel & capcom. really hoping cyclops makes his long overdue return.
  • According to the Game Informer impressions, hope might not be lost for X-Men/FF characters: "[Creative Director of Marvel Entertainment Bill Roseman] wants to make sure fans of all of Marvel properties, including X-Men, were happy. “That heritage is not lost,” he told me." Also, Ryce (who leaked this game), says X-Men and FF characters will be DLC:
    I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming… as DLC. It's a done deal.
    fwiw, i heard the same thing
  • Infinite Stone mechanic replaces X-Factor, is planned to have two types of abilities that can be activated, but the rarer kind is TBD. The common abilities are as follows:
    • Power: Increases potency of each attack
    • Time: Increases mobility and combo potential
  • Single player modes include Arcade, Mission, Training, and a Cinematic Story, Frank Tieri is involved in some capacity
  • Multiplayer features include ranked matches, casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode.
  • Unreal Engine 4
  • Producer: Mike Evans
Playstation Blog Post.
Capcom-Unity Blog Post
Marvel Facebook Live Stream
Game Informer Impressions
Playstation Experience Interview
Famitsu Interview (copy+paste link and click enter to load page).

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike.

In addition to single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the center of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain.

Features
  • Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
  • Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
  • Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain America from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
  • Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
  • Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
  • Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
  • Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.

- - - - -

UMvC3 Port Information

Official Trailer

QUICK FACTS:
  • Available today on PS4, available March 2017 for X1 and Steam
  • 1080p, 60FPS
  • All DLC Included (Magneto costume is TBD)
  • New Gallery Mode
  • $24.99

Khezu

Ewww at Carol, at least she doesn't have her dumb haircut I guess.

Holy shit at Gems being back, that's gonna be fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you forgot Ultron at the end btw

cordy

Banned
Megaman X is in.

Like I said he'd be. They had no excuses and they did it!!

Fuck yall hatasss!!!!!!!!!!

Coda

This announcement was incredible. What a way to start the show and UMvC3 available tonight was the sweetest icing on the cake. I was in tears.

Dahbomb

There was Ultron at the end too.

Definitely looks like 2v2 with Infinity Gems and maybe assists.

Doesn't seem to have X Men either.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Peter Rosas ‏@TheComboFiend 1m1 minute ago
MAHVEL LIVES! Sorry I've been so quiet, now you all know why though. Hope y'all are as excited as I am. Let's goooooo!

killatopak

Gold Member
Just announced on stream! Gameplay debut tonight at Capcom Cup.

UMvC4 available on PSN Store for PS4 as well, right now!

Confirmed Characters:
- Iron Man
- Captain Marvel
- Ryu
- Megaman X

Appears to be 2v2 and have some sort of gem/powerup mechanic.

Wat?!

The base game isn't even out yet there's already an expansion pack. Amazing, Capcom!

Top Bottom