• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

vg260

I think it is actually Sigma + Ultron. Ultron and Sigma like to sit on thrones looking smug as fuck, and it would make sense, especially with X's inclusion.

No familiar with Sigma. He doesn't have eyes on his chest, though?

Looks more like the G&G boss.

X! Yay! More Mega Man is always good, but poor X is criminally unrepresented. If this 'cinematic story' actually pans out as promised this time (seriously, what the hell happened with MvC3?), we might actually see X discuss his ideals and other stuff about robots with the likes of Vison and Ultron. So much possible material.

If there's a comic tie-in, I'm not sure who can really do X justice, because the only writer I trust to do Mega Man these days is Ian Flynn, and he works for Archie.

Negaduck

Hopefully the contracts they have for this title allow them a lot more freedom in who they can add and continue with updates

GooWop

The trailer was really cool!

I'm very excited to see the art style with the gameplay reveal.

Exciting times!

Crocodile

Does Capcom USA have its own studio? I'm kind of worried...

I mean its not like Japan is the only nation in the world that can produce competent fighting game developers :p

That and I think we already knew folks like Neo_G and Niitsuma weren't coming back

Harpoon

If it's not Ultron merged with Sigma, I will eat my hat.

2NRxAzK.png

No familiar with Sigma. He doesn't have eyes on his chest, though?

Looks more like the G&G boss.

Sigma has a ton of different bodies throughout the years, and some of them are weird enough to put his head and face on different parts of the body. He is pretty much Capcom Ultron, infects machines, has multiple bodies, and pretty freaking hard to get rid of no matter how many times you destroy the main body.

Super bummed about a gem system that could provide different buffs. Not feeling that implementation at all in this VS series.

Infinity gems were in Marvel Super Heroes by Capcom. They worked by activating them and getting a buff. You can also knock the gem out of your opponents hand and pick it up yourself. I think it would be neat to bring it back.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Cant wait to see the gameplay.

Wonder if they might show another character or two when they demo it later.

vg260

If it's not Ultron merged with Sigma, I will eat my hat.

2NRxAzK.png

Ok, yeah, that looks more like Sigma than the G&G boss.

Sigma has a ton of different bodies throughout the years, and some of them are weird enough to put his head and face on different parts of the body. He is pretty much Capcom Ultron, infects machines, has multiple bodies, and pretty freaking hard to get rid of no matter how many times you destroy the main body.

Gotcha. Yeah. Makes sense.

Seyavesh

i like how nobody's really made note that they're actually going to have a story mode this time around

that seems like kind of a huge deal for this series, especially

Supast4r

I dunno about this whole 2v2 thing. MvC, MSH, & TVC were never very popular competitive games & for good reason. This feels like TVC2 in the making. 2v2 just isn't that hype.
Tvc was an amazing game that was competitive. The game never got patched and it was stuck in the wii. That's why it wasn't competitive.

Fuck, I just realized that this game comes to Steam, which means I will actually be able to play this on my home-made arcade cabinet.

This is such a beautiful day. Better go to sleep now. It can't possibly get any better. Unless we get gameplay in the next couple of minutes.

Sigma-Ultron is hype.

i like how nobody's really made note that they're actually going to have a story mode this time around

It is a big deal, but it was kinda a given with Capcom so smitten by MK's success.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Fuck, I just realized that this game comes to Steam, which means I will actually be able to play this on my home-made arcade cabinet.

This is such a beautiful day. Better go to sleep now. It can't possibly get any better. Unless we get gameplay in the next couple of minutes.

We will get gameplay at the end of Capcom Cup.

Zapages

Argh... Gems... Also 2vs2 like the MvC 1, I guess... It'll be interesting. I hope it is hype to watch like MvC2 and MvC3 were...

Durden77

I'll believe it when I see it, honestly. After the clusterfuck of false information we got about MvC3 before release, then I have my doubts.

I remember MvC3's story mode was supposed to be "robust" too. Hahaha.

Weiss

Banned
So, any speculation on roster size?

24 characters just feels way too small for a VS. game. 12 reps each feels like there's no hope for surprise picks like MODOK and Taskmaster.

I'm hoping somewhere between 28 and 32.

Dahbomb

It's going to have poor writing and way too much budget spent on it. No point in getting hyped over it, just another bullet point so casuals would buy it.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Where was this confirmed? Not that it isn't very likely true, though.
Well given that the source saying 'no X-Men' had every single one of their other rumors confirmed about this game I think it's safe to say it's a done deal. But believe me, I hope I'm wrong.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Now that I've had some time to think about it and rewatch the trailer a few times, my impressions:

- The trailer is paced really well, and the music is goddamn perfect, but the particle effects and some of the models (Ryu) look weird.. which is.. weird.. for a CG trailer.

- It's definitely a CG trailer based upon a lot of those reflections and Captain Marvel's hair, and the PR says that UE4 affords them a more realistic style, but I wouldn't make assumptions on what the final thing will look like quite yet. I expect some level of stylization, my guess is there will be some actual reflectiveness to metal surfaces. In some shots it actually looks a lot like the MvC3 episodes, just less stylized.

- 2v2 is obviously not ideal, but I think it does provide opportunity to mix things up a bit. I'm reserving judgment until we know all of the mechanics and see the actual speed of the game. This is probably the easiest thing to speculate on but honestly, I would still buy the game if there are no assists, and I don't think it necessarily makes it a bad game, and at least the lack of certain mechanics (and X-Men) is reflected in the branding. That said, I expect it to be 2v2+1 based on the Malaysian leaker.

- I'm happy that out of the gate they're making some real bold promises about the feature set, something that inspires confidence and makes me feel like this will altogether have a 2-2.5 year dev cycle if SneakersRO is to be believed.

- It's obvious, but nice to see the mention of villains being included in the PR.

Also, odd that the PSBlog post is the only one that says Captain America, whereas everywhere else it says Captain Marvel. Dunno if it's been corrected, or a freudian slip, or what, but it's safe to say that no one is sweating CapAm not being in this game.

Negaduck

It's going to have poor writing and way too much budget spent on it. No point in getting hyped over it, just another bullet point so casuals would buy it.

Do you think Virgil will return? Which version/what changes would you like to see?

Calling it now, no xmen ever
This game is hyper mcu focused (the fucking infinity gems), and xmen wont be in the mcu for quite some time, if ever

Lulubop

So, any speculation on roster size?

24 characters just feels way too small for a VS. game. 12 reps each feels like there's no hope for surprise picks like MODOK and Taskmaster.

I'm hoping somewhere between 28 and 32.

Probably going to be continually updated with characters like SFV

Bring back Phoenix Wright and Amaterasu, and add in a classic Mega Man rep (Proto Man??) and Zack & Wiki plz.

Don't care about Marvel side because it's already going to be gimped to hell due to a lack of Deadpool lol

Is this confirmed? Hopefully they're not fricking lying through their teeth this time. Few things made me more infuriated last generation than preordering the MvC3 collector's edition to find out that there was no story mode when they stated directly that there would be. And then no one ever calling Marvel or Capcom out on it.

Top Bottom