• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

vg260

also in looking at this shot i've only just now noticed that it's asgard and some city merging together. maybe the megaman x city?

Hm, interesting. Not sure how I feel about it. I think Capcom probably has the stronger background possibilities if they went with just one theme, so I don't know how I'd feel about missing out on some of those. Wait and see I guess.

Marvel and DC going head to head on video games front looks like it with injustice and mvc4. You think mvc4 can hang with injustice when it comes to financial success? I still think injustice will outsell mvc4 by a mile. With capcoms name attached to the project might turn away a lot of casual players.
I think Disney is cautious about this games success thats why it looks so low budget compared to Injustice. The graphics alone have tremendous difference.

I actually think it would sell better as an all-Marvel product. (This 2v2 format plus infinity gems and all Marvel would have been my preference)

Ryce

Marvel and DC going head to head on video games front looks like it with injustice and mvc4. You think mvc4 can hang with injustice when it comes to financial success? I still think injustice will outsell mvc4 by a mile. With capcoms name attached to the project might turn away a lot of casual players.
I think Disney is cautious about this games success thats why it looks so low budget compared to Injustice. The graphics alone have tremendous difference.
Injustice 2 might sell better, but visually, I prefer this game. The characters look like action figures come to life, and I'm sure the fidelity (shaders/lighting) will improve over the next year.

eggandI

Banned
i wonder if gems are going to work msh style, where they can be stolen by the other team and costs you meter to use???
Nope

The stones are more like CvS2 grooves. You pick one before each match and it will supposedly have a big impact on your playstyle.

BadWolf

Looks promising so far, not surprised at all at them going for 2v2 instead of 3v3.

Here's hoping its a more well balanced game than the previous one and death combos aren't happening every few seconds from the very start of a match.

Fingers crossed for Gene from God Hand and Asura from Asura's Wrath making it in.

Man, NRS games are so ugly, the animation is very weak as well.

This post reminds,
There's no artwork for this game yet. That seems strange for Capcom
They spooked after the Ultimate leaks

anyone else not find MvC3 hard to follow?
It's hard to follow if you've never put any time into it or don't understand the basics, but that's true for most competitive games especially the hugely popular ones like League of Legends.

I think these complaints stem from the fact that Street Fighter is one of the easiest games to understand as a casual observer.

I-hate-u

I fucking wish. I'd take her and Megaman.EXE over X any day

What about this?

Megaman-Nt-Warrior-image-megaman-nt-warrior-36508716-370-500.png

Or people too down on NT warrior?

Tirael

Fingers crossed for Gene from God Hand and Asura from Asura's Wrath making it in.
Heck yes. I'm loving all the desire to see these two characters in. I'm not surprised a lot of people want Asura in, but I'm surprised that Gene has remained in people's minds so much.

Mupod

Then I'll take that to mean that the source of this rumor lacks familiarity with the Monster Hunter franchise, since dragon is a technical term in-series that might create false assumptions in fans if used improperly.

I mean yeah, if you showed Rathalos to someone not familiar with MH they'd say that's a dragon.

Wouldn't be the weirdest MVC character ever but MH has more fitting, if less iconic, monsters. A transforming Gore/Shagaru would be extremely cool if wyvern/dragon-sized monsters are on the table though. And both forms have god tier music so we're good there.

The only thing is if we got Gene and a Monster Hunter rep I'd never want to play Marvel characters, lol.

_Legacy_

Thinking about new faces, I think Marvel will want to include any character with a self titled film in the next few years. Cap Marvel we already know, I'd expect to see Black Panther, another Guardian added to the mix (Drax or Gamora could be interesting), I personally would also like to see Black Bolt.

can't be worse than:

maxresdefaultwms8s.jpg
It's getting a bit annoying to see people post that picture. That game is still in development and WW looked considerably better in the Harley Quinn trailer that came out a few months after hers.

Yes, Netherrealm females have looked horrendous in the past but they really upped their game with MKX and they're looking even better in Injustice 2. If you're gonna post pictures of females in that game, why not Harley Quinn who looks phenomenal?

Skilletor

It's getting a bit annoying to see people post that picture. That game is still in development and WW looked considerably better in the Harley Quinn trailer that came out a few months after hers.

Yes, Netherrealm females have looked horrendous in the past but they really upped their game with MKX and they're looking even better in Injustice 2. If you're gonna post pictures of females in that game, why not Harley Quinn who looks phenomenal?

Harley looks amazing. I haven't seen updated Wonder Woman.

Harley looks amazing. I haven't seen updated Wonder Woman.
Best picture I could find without manually making it.

Even from that angle, there's an obvious improvement. See the trailer that's on gamersyde for a better comparison.

I believe they're also mocapping actors for I2 so character models are hopefully going to look just as good as Harley's.

Plus it's not just the models. The lighting in general was considerably better in the Harley Quinn build they've showed.

mbpm1

harley looks okay. part of the effect is masked bc she's supposed to look somewhat scary.

I think they actually took a step back from MKX with the faces for IJ2 so far

Anth0ny

do actors still sign away their likeness when they're cast for a role? like can they put the gal gadot wonder woman in the game or would that cost them money?

do actors still sign away their likeness when they're cast for a role? like can they put the gal gadot wonder woman in the game or would that cost them money?
Incredibly rare for actors to do that, mainly they just give away their likeness for the films/TV shows that they agreed to star in.

Injustice 1 however did have Stephen Amell (the dude who plays Green Arrow in the CW show) record dialogue for the game for an alternate costume for Green Arrow.

And considering how popular the TV shows are, they might do that again for the TV show characters.

Movie characters are much more unlikely since that'll cost more money.

Anth0ny

Incredibly rare for actors to do that, mainly they just give away their likeness for the films/TV shows that they agreed to star in.

Injustice 1 however did have Stephen Amell (the dude who plays Green Arrow in the CW show) record dialogue for the game for an alternate costume for Green Arrow.

And considering how popular the TV shows are, they might do that again for the TV show characters.

Movie characters are much more unlikely since that'll cost more money.

I see, too bad.

An Injustice or MvC with all of the actors likenesses would be godlike. Flash can have 2!

Compbros

Injustice 2 was so not ready to be shown that it wasn't even gonna make e3 but Boon changed his mind at the last second. NRS always do super basic facial models then improve them over time. It's still not anime pretty like Capcom games but most assuredly an improvement. Harley might be the most polished face so far but even Wonder Woman has been touched up already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsnsByyP1T4

Injustice 2 was so not ready to be shown that it wasn't even gonna make e3 but Boon changed his mind at the last second. NRS always do super basic facial models then improve them over time. It's still not anime pretty like Capcom games but most assuredly an improvement. Harley might be the most polished face so far but even Wonder Woman has been touched up already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsnsByyP1T4
Thanks for that video link. The difference is pretty night and day, and that was still with the game being a year away from release.

Top Bottom