• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Sothpaw

Thank goodness they didn't give Carol that stupid buzz cut from the comics. I might give it a play when it's on sale since they're bringing to Steam.

RockmanBN

Same. Protoman.EXE would be my favorite choice.

Bass.EXE would be so much better. Though Protoman.EXE would be a good replacement for Zero as he is similar in combat style and he represents a different MM series.

bass_exe__official_style__by_ultimatemaverickx-d6gaqz0.png

I've seen people say this a few times already, but they're not reusing assets. This game is built on an entirely different engine than Marvel 3 (or TvC.) You can't just carry stuff over across engines like that.

A lot of the animations we've seen appear to have been directly ported over from UMVC3.

Ryce

I've seen people say this a few times already, but they're not reusing assets. This game is built on an entirely different engine than Marvel 3 (or TvC.) You can't just carry stuff over across engines like that.
Animations transfer easily.

Gartooth

Character models look really rough so far. Especially Cap, Morrigan, and X(who doesn't even talk).

Not sure about the art style either. It keeps the more animated look but I liked the shading in MvC3.

I've been hoping for Bass.EXE since the MvC3 days, but kinda feel that he's more unlikely now due to Sigma being there. Protoman.EXE is too close to Zero, so he'd probably get an overall negative reaction. Kinda reminds me that Zero.EXE exists, but no one cares about him.

Wikipedia for some reason doesn't include MSH and XCOTA on that list.

Wolverine is the only one playable in every single game thus far.
So nobody's in every single one come 2017

Might as well cut Chun

Character models look really rough so far. Especially Cap, Morrigan, and X(who doesn't even talk).

Not sure about the art style either. It keeps the more animated look but I liked the shading in MvC3.
Morrigan looks almost perfect, only problem is the lighting makes her look even more washed out because she's naturally pale.

Just because the game runs on a different engine. All props, models, animations, textures can be transferred over to the "new" engine Unreal 4 if they still have all the source files. The models don't look re-used to me though, they are better than the MVC3 one's. The cel-shading helped those out alot. The lighting is definitely early and will help MVCi look better.

Apathy

God damn, just watched the extended Gameplay video and morrigan is in the game. Another five years of bullet hell keep away from people that can't actually play.

I've been hoping for Bass.EXE since the MvC3 days, but kinda feel that he's more unlikely now due to Sigma being there. Protoman.EXE is too close to Zero, so he'd probably get an overall negative reaction. Kinda reminds me that Zero.EXE exists, but no one cares about him.

Bass.EXE would be super cool.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
God damn, just watched the extended Gameplay video and morrigan is in the game. Another five years of bullet hell keep away from people that can't actually play.

People joke about how her sprite never changed for a decade, but she's one character whose gameplay style changed drastically in multiple iterations.

Wikipedia for some reason doesn't include MSH and XCOTA on that list.

Wolverine is the only one playable in every single game thus far.
Because those games are not part of the VS series
Soul Fist spam was a thing in UMVC3 and UMVC3 only

TheAnvil

Neo Member
So nobody's in every single one come 2017

Don't know why so many people are so adamant that Wolverine won't be included this time.

Even if you're skeptical, this quote should at least give you reason to believe he may return.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/m...are-made-more-chaotic-by-infinity-stones.aspx

Those games had Marvel and Capcom characters playable in them, even if the rosters were unbalanced and the Capcom characters hidden!

Apathy

People joke about how her sprite never changed for a decade, but she's one character whose gameplay style changed drastically in multiple iterations.

Yeah she was better when she couldn't fill the screen with constant soul fist.

I know it was and it should be a thing that dies with it.

Yeah she was better when she couldn't fill the screen with constant soul fist.

I know it was and it should be a thing that dies with it.

No, she was a garbage tier character in every game before UMvC3. Even in MvC3, where she could fill the screen with Soul Fists, she was garbage tier.

NotLiquid

They're clearly bringing back some of the animations but that ought to be expected since you want the characters to play the way you recognize them.

It really shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Yeah they've been very conservative with their announcements this weekend... they were reluctant to say that MvC∞ is an in house game without Niitsuma producing. They did that weird SFV Season 2 reveal where the slide says "brand new characters" but Takayuki said "new to the Street Fighter Universe". They didn't even announce how much the prize pot is for Capcom Pro Tour 2018. Nothing about SFV balance changes or QOL changes.

TLDR: Capcom's messaging sucks.

Huh! Good on Capcom for remembering that "Day of Sigma" exists.

Now, if only a timely remaster of Maverick Hunter X was on the way...

If Project X Zone is any indication, we're going to get primarily MHX and X4 references much like how Smash 4 uses MM2/3.

For example X's Armor mode in this, his charge shot was changed to the type you get from Zero's Buster if you didn't find the Arm Parts capsule before the Vile rematch in Maverick Hunter X. The one from the Light Capsule is a series of small blasts in a chain-like formation, while Zero's Buster shot is one large shot similar to the one shown in the trailer.

Initially I thought it was the Stock Charge Buster from X4 because of the shape but since it is using X1's armor it has to be a reference to MHX's Z Buster.

Also, Bass.EXE would be perfect for MvC.

What? Of course you can. Models, textures and animations transfer between engines easily. Those aren't even done in said engines but with an external tool, like 3DMax, Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop.

No, she was a garbage tier character in every game before UMvC3. Even in MvC3, where she could fill the screen with Soul Fists, she was garbage tier.

Let's be honest MvC3 barely got time to be explored in the first place.

Anth0ny

bullet hell morrigan is nothing without assists

so

thanks capcpom

actually

she's nothing without doom's hidden missiles

so

thanks marvel

TheAnvil

Neo Member
He's gone man. Would have been revealed by now.

You're writing him off after 3 characters have been revealed? That's a little silly. Remember for Marvel 3 that Spiderman was announced in the middle of the pack, and he had actual licensing issues standing in his way.

Whether Wolverine is in or not, he wouldn't have been announced as a face of the game again.

I found this line in their official press release for this game interesting

In addition to regular major title releases each fiscal year, Capcom is currently focused on reviving series that have not had new entries recently, or otherwise dormant IP. Beginning with MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE, a return for the series following a five-year hiatus, Capcom looks to enhance its corporate value even further by utilizing its library of rich contents.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e161205b.html

Jawmuncher

In addition to regular major title releases each fiscal year, Capcom is currently focused on reviving series that have not had new entries recently, or otherwise dormant IP. Beginning with MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE, a return for the series following a five-year hiatus, Capcom looks to enhance its corporate value even further by utilizing its library of rich contents.

Regina Confirmed.

Bass.EXE would be so much better. Though Protoman.EXE would be a good replacement for Zero as he is similar in combat style and he represents a different MM series.

bass_exe__official_style__by_ultimatemaverickx-d6gaqz0.png
Yes! More Bass.exe push! I really want someone from Battle Network and he has the best chance to make it in... unlike Serenade.exe T_T. Also please Capcom, give X a Copy X skin.
latest

You're writing him off after 3 characters have been revealed? That's a little silly. Remember for Marvel 3 that Spiderman was announced in the middle of the pack, and he had actual licensing issues standing in his way.

Whether Wolverine is in or not, he wouldn't have been announced as a face of the game again.
I'm writing him off after three characters because he's previously been the Ryu counterpart to the Marvel side and all of the people who told us this game existed said there wouldn't be X-Men.

Hopefully this means we can expect Felicia and BB Hood back. Maybe even Q Bee.

TheAnvil

Neo Member

Dino Crisis, Power Stone and Three Wonders.

Stat.

I'm writing him off after three characters because he's previously been the Ryu counterpart to the Marvel side and all of the people who told us this game existed said there wouldn't be X-Men.

I'll take the word of people actually working on the game above anyone else. Especially considering some of those people like Nibel who said no X-Men, said we'd have MCU voice actors.

ReaperXL7

Have they said anything about the game having a healthy amount of unlockable content that will give people incentive to play the game solo?

That's one of the things that I think makes NR games so popular is the amount of stuff they give you to do when your not interested in PVP content. There are always a ton of costumes, stages, moves, etc to unlock which gives people who's focus isn't on competitive MP reason to support the game as they know they will still have lots to do. This aspect will only get stronger for Neather Realms with the armor/character customization aspect for injustice 2.

Skab

What? Of course you can. Models, textures and animations transfer between engines easily. Those aren't even done in said engines but with an external tool, like 3DMax, Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop.

Let's be honest MvC3 barely got time to be explored in the first place.

Okay my mistake, my mistake.

shaowebb

vPLswnF.jpg

Figured its easier to quote images so the page doesn't get super long looking at lists all the time as folks post their wishlist. If you dont like filling one out just type your list up in preview instead of posting and take a screenshot then post it as an image so we can at least quote and minimize scrolling. No reason I stopped at 32 just figured it was a safe number.

Have at it folks. Fill in the blanks and we can get to ranking and bitching bout each others dreams.

Compbros

Have they said anything about the game having a healthy amount of unlockable content that will give people incentive to play the game solo?

That's one of the things that I think makes NR games so popular is the amount of stuff they give you to do when your not interested in PVP content. There are always a ton of costumes, stages, moves, etc to unlock which gives people who's focus isn't on competitive MP reason to support the game as they know they will still have lots to do.

Funny enough MvC3 got complaints for having to unlock characters. People don't like unlocking things these days.

ReaperXL7

Funny enough MvC3 got complaints for having to unlock characters. People don't like unlocking things these days.

The people who I normally see complain about unlockable content most are the FGC because they want all the content there for competitive reasons. I don't think there is a group with a bigger disparity of wants for their games then that of the FGC vs Casual fighting fans.

Top Bottom