• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

you can keep tellin yourself that luce.

but in your heart you know the truth
l3fQjyWfkCKbdQVMI.gif

Capcom continues to show up capcom
Holy shit that was good lol.

What the fuck are the F4 gonna do anyways

Reed Richards: Stretches a lot, sucks
Sue Storm: Goes invisible, is lame
Johnny Storm: Lights self on fire, probably a loser
The Thing: Is Vic Mackey

I don't know. I'm assuming X-Men were off limits back when the base roster was being finalized. Or maybe it was more along the lines of "you can include them, but only as DLC" in order to keep the X-Men off the box art and out of story mode.
So will the fantastic four come as a package or each member separate.
Characters from the Fantastic Four IP, not necessarily the team itself.
Oh so silver surfer has a chance?

DR2K

Banned
X-Men!!! DLC better bring it. None of this X23 bullshit, put in Psylocke, Cyclops, Gambit plus all the MVC3 X-Men.

I don't know. I'm assuming X-Men were off limits back when the base roster was being finalized. Or maybe it was more along the lines of "you can include them, but only as DLC" in order to keep the X-Men off the box art and out of story mode.

Yep, it's ingenious when you think about it. Makes perfect sense.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
I would assume none of the actual F4 team members will ever be in because their abilities are all found in other characters.

Doom, Surfer and Super Skrull are viable.

X-Men are almost limitless in viability. At least Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, Storm and Gambit would be among the more likely additions.

LiK

Reed = Dhalsim clone
Sue = lots of bubble shields and invisible specials
Johnny = one of those flying characters
Thing = Haggar clone

I still want Silver Surfer in this. He, Daredevil and Punisher were characters I thought really should of been in MVC3, but weren't.

Ghost Rider too, but at least he got in Ultimate.

fr0st

Banned

Super skrull. Also since doom is part of f4 I guess he's in too.

shaowebb

Im thinking if they had to pay for licenses they didn't want to overpay by cutting someone into a percentage of the base game. Just give them a percentage of DLC that ONLY has the licensed shit and that way you are only giving them a cut of profits they were directly related to instead of the entire profit.

Im thinking if they had to pay for licenses they didn't want to overpay by cutting someone into a percentage of the base game. Just give them a percentage of DLC that ONLY has the licensed shit and that way you are only giving them a cut of profits they were directly related to instead of the entire profit.

They don't need to pay Fox for shit

Makes sense for xmen/f4 characters to be dlc all parties win

Marvel gets the story and trailers to focus on mcu characters

Capcom can include fan favorites as dlc that'll sell like hot cakes

I-hate-u

I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming… as DLC. It's a done deal.

Is it because Marvel will be easing up on their policies by that time.....or is Capcom taking advantage of the fans?

Kind of made my case for me? Injustice sold very well. That audience will be looking to pick up the sequel. I expect the sequel to sell a ton if they do a good job at their marketing. Similar to MK9 > MKX.

SFV isn't selling enough anymore to even mention. "Season 2" is a character pass for $30 and you have no idea what you are getting.

UMvC 3 ended up selling pretty well, over a million+ IIRC. MvC:I could do well as well.

Not sure how For Honor is even here. It's not a fighting game.

Tekken 7 will be interesting to see after how Tekken Tag 2 tanked. I hope it does well.

In the end, I hope they all do well. I just see Injustice 2 selling a lot more.

- Was Injustice the top billed game at any majors? No... Street Fighter 4 was- same as 2017 will see Street Fighter V Season 2 as the top billed game- thus the most visible.

- UMVC3 came out before the first Avengers movie was setting box office records. In terms of general popularity the Marvel brand has trounced DC in movie theaters.

- The For Honor beta was played and highly regarded by a lot of people in the FGC. There is a 1v1 that is very similar to Bushido Blade. The main mode is also team based... which solves a big problem most fighting games face and will likely appeal to a much broader casual audience.

In the end... I think you're grossly underestimating the real competition Injustice 2 is facing that the original was never up against.

pizzacat

Banned
I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming… as DLC. It's a done deal.
Let me tell you the good word of xmen ban

JeTmAn81

My backwards compatible PS3 sold for $150 on Ebay. Now I'm getting sale anxiety over not having UMVC3 on my PS3 for free online play. Oh well. Only 11 more months to Infinite and when I get a PS4 I can get Marvel on that. Hopefully enough people will be playing online.

dbztrk

I want Asura and Gene. I also want Capcom to really pull from their various franchises instead of the same old, same old.

Surprise us Capcom!

My backwards compatible PS3 sold for $150 on Ebay. Now I'm getting sale anxiety over not having UMVC3 on my PS3 for free online play. Oh well. Only 11 more months to Infinite and when I get a PS4 I can get Marvel on that. Hopefully enough people will be playing online.
Is UMVC3 PS3 even played online anymore?

I-hate-u

I get the impression that it wasn't Capcom's decision.

Oh well. I hope they are resonably priced at least. I wish Capcom and Marvel would adopt Blizzard's Overwatch DLC policies i.e having the characters and stages free, but that will never happen.

I-hate-u

I get the impression that it wasn't Capcom's decision.

Oh well. I hope they are reasonably priced at least. I wish Capcom and Marvel would adopt Blizzard's Overwatch DLC policies i.e having the characters and stages free but make money purely on cosmetics, but that will never happen..

Top Bottom