• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

RE6 Leon mirror match in MVCI

giphy.gif

I'm ashamed at how little information we've gotten. I guess they really rushed a trailer and gameplay footage for PSX.

Between this and Street Fighter V, it just seems like Capcom would rather say nothing than have to go back on promises.

Crazy how Capcom is the only fighting game company expected to release massive amounts of info every month OR ELSE :mad:

NRS was radio silent for months about Injustice 2. Tekken 7 JUST got a release date a week ago, even though the game was announced years ago.

Companies reveal stuff when they have stuff to reveal.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";229477126]RE6 Leon mirror match in MVCI

giphy.gif
[/QUOTE]
As if Leon is going to be that exciting in this game. Probably will just get reused moveset of Chris from Marvel 3.

I doubt it. Besides his guns and grenades, Chris played exactly how he did in RE5 with his boulder punches, stun rod, and other things. Leon would play entirely different and probably use the knife a lot more in his moveset. If Leon manages to make the roster, he'd be a finesse based character that's in your face. He definitely wouldn't be a zoner.

Sesha

If he is in, one of his quotes needs to be "Oh boy, now look whatchu've done mathafacka". I don't care if it could increase the rating.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";229485326]Jack Baker needs a teleport to stay true to the canned jump scares.[/QUOTE]
Make it like MKX's Jason, except he literally walks off screen and shows up behind you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
they are announcing a SF5 S2 character soon according to Jwong's twitter, maybe they announce some marvel stuff at the same time?

pls? ;_;

Neoxon

they are announcing a SF5 S2 character soon according to Jwong's twitter, maybe they announce some marvel stuff at the same time?

pls? ;_;
To be fair, it's almost SFV's 1st Anniversary, so Capcom's celebrating it & the start of the 2017 CPT season.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
To be fair, it's almost SFV's 1st Anniversary, so Capcom's celebrating it & the start of the 2017 CPT season.
Even still, the first Premiere event of the 2017 CPT is in early March, that's quite a ways away and closer to GDC than now.

Weiss

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";229528652]There's no point including them unless it's all 7 as one character.[/QUOTE]

So Garcian with access to all their weapons then.

J-Tier

I think the best way to execute the Killer7 Smiths is to have one main body like Garcian, and special attacks /skills quickly changes the model into each of the other Smiths. Could even have certain combos and chains quickly shift between the characters. I.e. Garcian does a light jab, then the character turns into Kevin and does a series of knife attacks, then Kaede pulls out a sniper rifle and shoots them opponent away w/ a hard knockback, and then finishes off with Mask pulling out a grenade launcher and shooting out an explosive that OTGs. Then maybe you can do a jump special attack that turns you into Coyote and you fire a few down angled shots that allows to to do a couple more hits or something.

That's how I imagine the Smiths.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

pls? ;_;

Well, we might hear something about new character for SFV Season 2 on February 15, so I hope that we would hear something about MVCI like next week or three weeks later.

AdaWong

Sorry guys, but the only two RE reps will be Leon and Ada and they will be a team.

Also, DMC reps better be Dante+Trish because that would be more unique than Dante+Vergil.

Also also, Darkstalers rep better be Morrigan+SOMEONE THAT ISN'T FELICIA OR HSIEN-KO.

Dahbomb

Sorry guys, but the only two RE reps will be Leon and Ada and they will be a team.

Also, DMC reps better be Dante+Trish because that would be more unique than Dante+Vergil.

Also also, Darkstalers rep better be Morrigan+SOMEONE THAT ISN'T FELICIA OR HSIEN-KO.
A RE rep that isn't Wesker is blasphemous.

Almost as blasphemous as a non Dante DMC rep.

Don't think so, at least in the base roster,
Wesker and Jill have a better shot a it IMO.

AdaWong

A RE rep that isn't Wesker is blasphemous.

Almost as blasphemous as a non Dante DMC rep.

Don't think so, at least in the base roster,
Wesker and Jill have a better shot a it IMO.

Wesker and Jill for sure have the best chances when it comes to down to popularity (however, RE5 Jill wasn't nearly as popular as RE1 Jill) but neither have been represented in a recent RE game; and I'm sure Capcom always looks at their recent releases of said franchises to include in corssover games (unless they are extremely unique like Nemesis; Capcom does not have a large tank character that can rival Sentinel's size except him) Leon is extremely popular yet Capcom went with RE5 Jill, RE5 Wesker and RE5 Chris to include in MVC3.

It depends on development timing, but say it was RE7 to be represented...RE7 doesn't really have a definitive character to represent it. You never see Ethan; Mia is just a regular human... it all comes down to the Baker dad, but I seriously doubt he'd be included.

RE6 is your best bet for RE reps. Out of the four main characters, Leon/Ada makes the most sense. Chris is gonna be replaced by either original Jill or Leon. Jake I guess can actually make it, but it would be so weird if he makes it in before the other three veterans.

Capcom please don't do a Wesker/Jake team pls. pls.

Jawmuncher

Father and Son. Wesker and Jake would be the best team up they could do.

There's always a possibility that perhaps there's another RE game coming out before RE2make they pull from instead.

Dahbomb

They don't go by recent game at all. Marvel 3 had DMC3 Dante despite DMC4 already being out and also Vergil.

Hell they put in Nemesis for the game....

Ada and Leon are so lame as far as character archetype goes. One is a woman with weapons and another is a dude with weapons. Wesker has that teleport and super human speed on his side to make him stand out in a super hero cross over on top of being a villain. Plus Wesker's got twice the charisma, the name recognition and swag of those two characters combined. He is one of the most popular characters from Marvel 3 to boot.

Nah son nah. WASKER all day!

Plus memes and stuff:

https://youtu.be/mmRJ9v2ZEBM

Trace

Banned
They don't go by recent game at all. Marvel 3 had DMC3 Dante despite DMC4 already being out and also Vergil.

Hell they put in Nemesis for the game....

Ada and Leon are so lame as far as character archetype goes. One is a woman with weapons and another is a dude with weapons. Wesker has that teleport and super human speed on his side to make him stand out in a super hero cross over on top of being a villain. Plus Wesker's got twice the charisma, the name recognition and swag of those two characters combined. He is one of the most popular characters from Marvel 3 to boot.

Nah son nah. WASKER all day!

Plus memes and stuff:

https://youtu.be/mmRJ9v2ZEBM

If Wesker isn't in the game I will be thoroughly disappointed.

dlauv

Jack Baker is the only logical choice. It's like he was made for it with how many crazy one-liners he has. His first boss fight is pretty telling.

I wouldn't mind Wesker coming back, but I'd like to see RE4 Leon. He could be a long range character with a grapple suplex.

Shadoken

Leon seems confirmed at this point. He is like the most popular RE char that hasnt been in MvC yet. And RE2 Remake is coming up.

Jawmuncher

Jack Baker is the only logical choice. It's like he was made for it with how many crazy one-liners he has. His first boss fight is pretty telling.

I wouldn't mind Wesker coming back, but I'd like to see RE4 Leon. He could be a long range character with a grapple suplex.

Would be funny if they made Leon a grapple vs character

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I pray this game doesn't have Giants. It doesn't need to go any further from a team/MvC game than it already is.

Village

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";229590698]Rathalos[/QUOTE]

Also PTX from lost planet... which is in tastonoko vs capcom, and not the western oriented game marvel 3. Btw

Top Bottom