• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm kind of inferring that this character hasn't been in a fighting game before. In which case I'm going to go with Gene from God Hand. I don't know much about this character but the game is known for it's flexibility and I read something about a special/super move that randomly does one of a ton of different moves, and I always thought that'd be a great idea for a fighting game character but very labour intensive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tumblr_inline_nq0ei7jiiW1t25vx3_500.gif

his crazyness would be hard to animate I guess :3

I just heard about a really surprising (and awesome) addition to the Capcom side. The animators deserve a raise for getting this character into the game.

The roster is going to be so sick, you guys.

Just making sure I get it right this time

The formula for said character is

Surprising+Awesome+Capcom+Remarkable animations

Well, the darkstalkers cast, usually have crazy animations, but most of them have been stated already (maybe Huitzil, Anarkaris, Donovan and Rikuo? Q-bee?)

Since someone brought up Jin, what if it was Devilotte and the Super8. That weird octopus robot thing was pretty bizarre
Tarantula and (I think) Killer Bee also from that series may qualify.

Maybe Tessa from Red Earth? She has a lot of morphing and weird animations, right?

On second thought, what if its not really about crazy or hard to design characters but more about a PW style character. Someone that actually doesn't have much for a moveset.

= Smith Syndicate

I'm just making this worse for myself lol

EDIT: It could also be Vanessa Z. Schneider....

I was thinking about her actually. Maybe MVCI would incorporate her dancing into the combat somehow?

I guess it could be someone else from Ace Attorney like Godot, Edgeworth, or weird characters like Sissel from ghost trick, or non-fighters like the Dustforce characters or Fiona from haunting ground

J-Tier

I guess it could be someone else from Ace Attorney like Godot, Edgeworth, or weird characters like Sissel from ghost trick, or non-fighters like the Dustforce characters or Fiona from haunting ground

Dustforce isn't owned by Capcom, they only published it on consoles.

Sissel is the one I'm secretly betting on, along with Date Masamune lol. But I'm always betting on Date
and always losing

I was thinking about Fiona the other day. I'm pretty confident she won't be in the game as playable--but the idea of a character that's mostly dependent on an "assist" could be neat. By "assist" I mean Hewey, who would be at her side during battle. She can command Hewey to do a series of biting attacks, "grabs" and whatnot while she'll mostly be cowering and panicking the whole time. She does have a projectile where she throws stuff, and can set a trap on the ground; but in general she would be dependent on Hewey to do most of the attacking.

Dustforce isn't owned by Capcom, they only published it on consoles.

Sissel is the one I'm secretly betting on, along with Date Masamune lol. But I'm always betting on Date
and always losing

I was thinking about Fiona the other day. I'm pretty confident she won't be in the game as playable--but the idea of a character that's mostly dependent on an "assist" could be neat. By "assist" I mean Hewey, who would be at her side during battle. She can command Hewey to do a series of biting attacks, "grabs" and whatnot while she'll mostly be cowering and panicking the whole time. She does have a projectile where she throws stuff, and can set a trap on the ground; but in general she would be dependent on Hewey to do most of the attacking.

Didn't know that about DF

and she's really the only non-fighter from Capcom I could think of to bring up. I could see her having the stalkers involved somehow, sorta like a inverted Captain Commando. the assists constantly try to do her harm, and if you're not careful you could get attacked by your own moveset....

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder if some of the more zany Rival Schools characters could be the one from Ryce's hint

It has been long time ever since I played the game so which characters would a good choice that would match up with Ryce's hint? I know I always picked Tiffany and one guy every single time when I had a chance to play Arcade.

It has been long time ever since I played the game so which characters would a good choice that would match up with Ryce's hint? I know I always picked Tiffany and one guy every single time when I had a chance to play Arcade.

Well, rival schools in general have some really weird moves.

Like the swimmer Nagare, who fights by swimming on the ground and kicking...
wasn't there a gym teacher or something that beat up his own teammate? I remember he made you do push ups.
There was one character that fought with baseball equipment and I think hit his own teammate at the opponent with his bat?

Neoxon

I'm kind of inferring that this character hasn't been in a fighting game before. In which case I'm going to go with Gene from God Hand. I don't know much about this character but the game is known for it's flexibility and I read something about a special/super move that randomly does one of a ton of different moves, and I always thought that'd be a great idea for a fighting game character but very labour intensive.
But Gene isn't exactly a surprising choice given the fan demand for him.

nded

But Lilith wasn't in Morrigan's Level 3.

The annoying thing about this is that Felicia had her catgirl friends and Hawkeye had Ant Man for their respective Level 3 hypers, but apparently no one could be bothered to slightly edit Morrigan's model into Lilith.

Blues1990

Since Gene and Mega Man X were on top of the pecking order in the last poll, with X's inclusion, is it too impossible for Gene to be included in MVCI, given how obscure he & his game are?

I didn't think we would see X in a Capcom fighting game, but I guess I was proven wrong.

vg260

I just heard about a really surprising (and awesome) addition to the Capcom side. The animators deserve a raise for getting this character into the game.

The roster is going to be so sick, you guys.

Why even post this :/ ?

Jawmuncher

Since Gene and Mega Man X were on top of the pecking order in the last poll, with X's inclusion, is it too impossible for Gene to be included in MVCI, given how obscure he & his game are?

I didn't think we would see X in a Capcom fighting game, but I guess I was proven wrong.

Dunno why people act like X was an impossibility. Seemed like a for sure thing, even with how MVC3 went. They went out of their way to make him a skin for zero, so you know it was something else that kept X from being in the game. After the fan cry for him though, had he not been in MVCI, it would've for sure been some other version of mega man at the very least.

As for Gene, looking at a lot of the other characters that made it into MVCI. Popularity/Sales don't necessarily mean anything. Dino Crisis has sold more than a majority of the series in a lot of the Versus games and has yet had no representation of any kind. Compared to some arcade obscurity barely anyone has heard of being there on more than one occasion. So gene is more than likely going to be there, probably along with a HD rerelease of his game.

Mista Koo

Guys regarding Ryce's post: don't get your hopes up. Even if the roster has 100+ characters, your favorite ten might still not make it.
Sorry for being a downer, but being surprised by the reveal of a character you kinda like is way better than the disappointment when your favorite doesn't make it.

I mean, he wouldn't be THAT hard to animate, but he would be surprising.
He would. I imagine most of his moveset would be "tricking" all sorts of objects that appear out of thin air, e.g. a crossing gate launcher or a desk lamp medium punch.

wasn't there a gym teacher or something that beat up his own teammate? I remember he made you do push ups.
Unfortunately Capcom doesn't own that character :(

Say what you want about the quality of the show, but getting an actress of a Middle Eastern immigrant family who has the same alliterative name (Kathleen Khavari) is pretty damn inspired casting!
Just a friendly reminder that Kamala is Pakistani American and Pakistan is not in the middle east. I do get what you are saying though.

vg260

Guys regarding Ryce's post: don't get your hopes up. Even if the roster has 100+ characters, your favorite ten might still not make it.
Sorry for being a downer, but being surprised by the reveal of a character you kinda like is way better than the disappointment when your favorite doesn't make it.

Maybe I'm being a party pooper, but that post is more frustrating than fun. Obviously, he has some insider info, but posts just to effectively tell everyone that he does serves no real purpose. If you want to leak some info do it or don't. Just don't post stuff that is effectively, "I know something cool that you don't, but I won't tell you". Not to mention something like that one is totally subjective, and just leads to assumptions and eventual disappointment. Unless he's on Capcom's marketing team and his job is to tease people, if he doesn't want to spoil anything or get his source in hot water, just play along blind like the rest of us.

Maybe I'm being a party pooper, but that post is more frustrating than fun. Obviously, he has some insider info, but posts just to effectively tell everyone that he does serves no real purpose. If you want to leak some info do it or don't. Just don't post stuff that is effectively, "I know something cool that you don't, but I won't tell you". Not to mention something like that one is totally subjective, and just leads to assumptions and eventual disappointment. Unless he's on Capcom's marketing team and his job is to tease people, if he doesn't want to spoil anything or get his source in hot water, just play along blind like the rest of us.

I feel conflicted as well

On one hand it steers us more towards speculation that may be more accurate then blind speculation

On the negative side, with it being so vague there's really no way for us to know if Ryce isn't just pulling our chain. For the sake of discussion lets assume Ryce is making this up, he could pick almost any random upcoming reveal and say "thats who I hinted at". Assuming he is someone with connections (which I believe he is) and doesn't want to risk his connections that's fine, but either go all in like he did with his fox chars as dlc or don't. I also don't buy the "ruin the surprise" thing, if you know something and don't share it someone else eventually will since its clearly out there.

J-Tier

You're not being a downer. You're setting the right expectations. Personally, I'm well-aware of this fact, I just like to engage in the fun. However, I know that some people are more passionate than others about character additions lol, and tempering expectations is good practice. THOUGH RYCE HAS GOT ME HYPED. Haha.

He would. I imagine most of his moveset would be "tricking" all sorts of objects that appear out of thin air, e.g. a crossing gate launcher or a desk lamp medium punch.
That's how I envision his moveset. It would look pretty damn cool, however unlikely he'll be included or executed in this way.

Ryce

I know that if I was in everyone else's shoes and it's been a month since new information was revealed I'd take any semblance of a hint I could get. To me, the hype train is half the fun of a new MvC coming out. It's hard hearing something cool about one of my favorite series and keeping it completely secret. I promised not to reveal the character by name or the IP that he or she hails from, but here's a hint: the character is a villain. I know Capcom has lots of interesting and obscure villains, but that's all I can say without giving too much away.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I completely agree. To each its own but A) either he's trolling or which people seem to believe (I have no thoughts either way) B) he's legit and these teases are just frustrating non-information key jangles in front of people thirsty for information. Its like psychics going "I see someone in your life has financial problems... I see the letters L, O, A, P, I see the color red"

But hey thats just my opinion, probably in the minority, so carry on.

Neoxon

I know that if I was in everyone else's shoes and it's been a month since new information was revealed I'd take any semblance of a hint I could get. To me, the hype train is half the fun of a new MvC coming out. It's hard hearing something cool about one of my favorite series and keeping it completely secret. I promised not to reveal the character by name or the IP that he or she hails from, but here's a hint: the character is a villain. I know Capcom has lots of interesting and obscure villains, but that's all I can say without giving too much away.
So.....Pyron?

Rhaknar

latest

pyron-a3.gif

Pyron-wheel.gif

Pyron-haha.gif

constantly animating and has a lot of morphins moves. checks out.

thematicall he can go against human torch super skrull Ghost Rider

Top Bottom