• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Jawmuncher

From the sound of this thread, the roster sounds like it'll be boring. Seems like they're gonna nickle and dime the hardcore fans for what they really want.

opricnik

Banned
You didn't even put actually confirmed characters like Captain America or Captain Marvel on your list.

Argh i know i was missing a female.

Replace last female with Captain Marvel.

Then who to replace with Cap America black panther or daredevil? or are they crazy enough to not put star lord?

7Th

Capcom didn't learn anything from SFV. They deserve everything coming to them. The game doesn't even have acceptable graphics and animation like SFV; it looks cheap and recycles U3's animations.

SaikyoBro

Can either of you at least confirm if the marvel half is all mcu or not? I know venom falls into a weird cloud since sony is making a venom film that sounds separate from the mcu but I'd count him as one for the sake of convenience.

If no MCU means no Xmen or F4 then yeah, absolutely none at launch.

Pompadour

Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

- 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
- No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
- Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
- I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.

Someone show this post to everyone bitching about Tekken 7's roster and tell them to get some real problems.

BadWolf

I'm personally really, really bummed. It feels like Street Fighter V all over again -- the "game as a service" model with tons of DLC and a shoestring budget base game.

I really hope people vote with their wallets then, like they did with SFV.

MoxManiac

Marvel Side
1-Iron Man
2-Spider Man
3-Rocket Rack with Groot
4-Star Lord
5-Venom
6-Ultron
7-Dr Strange
8-Black Panther
9-Black Widow
10-Thor
11-Hulk
12-Hawkeye
13-Daredevil
14-Female-someone who is not on fox

wow so boring , like hawkeye,widow etc so boring

Too many newcomers.

Dahbomb

Capcom FG division gonna Cacpcoom FG division.

I am just putting all my eggs in the DMC5/Itsuno basket, like I always did. That's the game that's going to put Capcom back in good faith with their fanbase. Marvel Infinite is obviously going to have too much corporate meddling and trying to chase the dollar with DLCs up the ass along with forced EEEEEEEE sports.

DMC5 is going to be pure action gaming goodness, I god damn know it.

Pompadour

People are bitching about Tekken 7's roster? Wut?

I saw "less characters than 6" and complaining about missing "staple" characters and that game is launching with something like 35 characters.

Only Capcom would fail to learn from a disaster like SFV. I wonder how many Chun costumes they're working on.

I feel all of this was decided prior to the SFV backlash. All they're going to do now is turn into the skid.

Neoxon

Jesus christ i hope they dont add she hulk to already so boring seemingly roster.
Why not Scarlet witch ffs
She counted as X-Men in the Fox ban, which didn't end until recently. The only exception made was for her & Quicksilver in Lego Avengers.

kirblar

So, lets take a look at the Marvel comics again. We know either 3 or 6 covers are double-ups. This will make things simpler as the doubles are easy to spot.

3. AVENGERS #10 - Ultron
8. GENERATIONS: BANNER HULK & THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1 - Hulk
9. GENERATIONS: THE UNWORTHY THOR & THE MIGHTY THOR #1 - Thor
13. MIGHTY THOR #22 - Thor
10. HAWKEYE #9 - Hawkeye
12. INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10 - Iron Man
14. ROCKET #4 - Rocket/Groot
11. I AM GROOT #4 - Rocket/Groot
15. SECRET EMPIRE #8 - Captain America
19. THE MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #8 - Captain Marvel
18. THANOS #10 - Thanos
20. VENOM #153 -Venom
2. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #31 -Spider-Man
16. SPIDER-MAN #19 -Spidey/Venom
17. SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #20 -Spidey/Venom
4. BLACK PANTHER #17 - Black Panther
7. DOCTOR STRANGE #24 - Dr. Strange
1. ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #7 - ???
5. CHAMPIONS #11 - ???
6. DEFENDERS #4 - ???
If we assume that DLC characters aren't part of this initial batch of covers, that leaves 6 double-ups. If we then assume that Solo Book = You're In, we have one unknown spot on the Marvel side.

Already announced: Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Ultron, Rocket&Groot, Captain America
Strongly Implied: Spider-Man, Venom, Black Panther, Thanos, Dr. Strange,
Wildcard: ???

The catch here is that if there's only one MvC2 rep making it in among the remaining characters, either Venom or Thanos didn't make the cut, so there's a second wildcard.

And if there are only 3 double-ups, we've probably got something like Starlord/Daredevil/Ms. Marvel for S1 DLC.

MoxManiac

The remaining female character could be on the capcom side.

I'd expect the remaining 2 new marvel characters to be some combination of Black Panther/Star Lord/Ant-Man.

7Th

The main complaint about Tekken 7 on the official thread seems to be the lack of
CGI endings for the characters. There is one single CGI movie at the end of the main story mode and some illustrations for the individual stories.

Then who to replace with Cap America black panther or daredevil? or are they crazy enough to not put star lord?
Rocket Raccoon and Groot represent the Guardians well enough already. I doubt we'll see Star-Lord.

There's only one non-MCU Marvel character.
By MCU do you mean characters that have actually appeared/are confirmed to appear in MCU properties? Or just characters Marvel own the film rights to even if they have yet to appear?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I am just putting all my eggs in the DMC5/Itsuno basket, like I always did. That's the game that's going to put Capcom back in good faith with their fanbase. Marvel Infinite is obviously going to have too much corporate meddling and trying to chase the dollar with DLCs up the ass along with forced EEEEEEEE sports.

DMC5 is going to be pure action gaming goodness, I god damn know it.
I really hope you're being sarcastic. How can anyone have expectations like that from a Capcom game by now!?

The main complaint about Tekken 7 on the official thread seems to be the lack of
CGI endings for the characters. There is one single CGI movie at the end of the main story mode and some illustrations for the individual stories.
IJ2 does this too, people find way too many things to complain about...

SaikyoBro

Ok really, last tidbit this time - Black Panther isn't in the base game.

Considering the variant cover stuff I guess it's a safe bet that he's already planned for DLC.

BiggNife

I'm personally really, really bummed. It feels like Street Fighter V all over again -- the "game as a service" model with tons of DLC and a shoestring budget base game.
Ugh. I love MvC so much but this game feels like it's just going to be a massive disappointment. I'm trying not to get excited for it.

Dahbomb

I really hope you're being sarcastic. How can anyone have expectations like that from a Capcom game by now!?
Because it's untainted Itsuno working on the game for a considerable amount of time. Not this tainted Capcom fighting game division which hasn't made a good fighting game since Marvel 3 and even that game had its share of problems.

Considering the variant cover stuff I guess it's a safe bet that he's already planned for DLC.

I'm legit shook. Can someone at least tell us their is someone interesting on the Capcom side, someone not a boring safe pick (AKA bring on Gene and Asura)

Jawmuncher

There being only 2 capcom newcomers in the base roster is what irks me most.
That's what i'm the most interested in seeing. So such a small number and the rest of the newcomers being regulated to the season pass is pretty shit.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I only need to know if the GOAT mvc3 character made it
8rird1I.gif

D-Man

Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

- 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
- No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
- Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
- I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.

No Phoenix is a major bummer since he's one of my mains in UMVC3 next to Frank. If Frank and Asura don't make it in, I might just have to wait on this one even though I really love Mahvel.

God, I hope Capcom gets their head out of their asses.

opricnik

Banned

Burn burn burn.

no wolverine replace even.

i hope all reviewers will be hard as fuck to criticize this game when all we thought reason for using recycled animations was big roster now its like wut.

Injustice 2 has same amount of characters but all designed from scratch even they hugely re design most characters, they are pretty easily can not put all their movie characters like Shazam etc.

jesus

Top Bottom