• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

DR2K

Banned
I'm just glad they're not calling this turd MVC4. I'll probably cancel my reservation by E3 if any of these facts are true.

Jesus a 28 character roster, tons of reused assets, 6 DLC already planned, no X-Men, sub par visuals, 4 females, no assists, etc...

J-Tier

I see where the people who want a delay are coming from but yeah it's probably not realistic. Look at it this way, at least everyone will have their hands on the game in just 3 more months or so and we have 2 new characters a month to look forward to for the rest of the year.
So with six characters as DLC, we'll get three months of content, followed by season two announcement in January. Post season 1 release schedule may be worrying. Could be a real money sink.

Dahbomb

I'm just glad they're not calling this turd MVC4. I'll probably cancel my reservation by E3 if any of these facts are true.

Jesus a 28 character roster, tons of reused assets, 6 DLC already planned, no X-Men, sub par visuals, 4 females, no assists, etc...
LOL at pre-ordering a game already.

Ryce

Just want to clarify the bolded, there are 14 characters left to be revealed, but the tenth returning MvC3 character would mean there are 29 characters. Or did you mean the returning MvC2 character is only DLC?
There's a returning MvC2 character on the base roster and another as DLC.

Blueblur1

Oh yeah, I don't think this is realistic either but knowing that 30 characters are getting cut and a number of franchises are being left unrepresented it would be nice to have DLC characters coming out rapidly and consistently (unlike SFV which is finally getting the next DLC char over 3 months after the last one...).

Imagine if the 2 characters a month thing went on all year? 24 is probably way past wishful thinking, but 12-16 would be a really nice number for 2018. MvC used to be known for huge and diverse rosters, I can accept a barebones launch but I'd be really upset if by the end of next year we're barely to 40 characters.

Lol Remember this is Capcom we're talking about here.

SaikyoBro

Great to see people are veeeeeeeeeery slowly but surely realizing that what's going on in the comics has pretty much zero bearing on what characters get in on or not, and are more coincidences than anything.

Just want to clarify the bolded, there are 14 characters left to be revealed, but the tenth returning MvC3 character would mean there are 29 characters. Or did you mean the returning MvC2 character is only DLC?

Unless I've been counting wrong (which honestly is possible, I've been on my phone this whole day lol) the list I saw has 13 Capcom chars and 14 Marvel chars. I suspect I know who the last Capcom character is thanks to another source but not 100%.

Neonep

Knowing Capcom they'll fuck up the DLC too... Look at SFV S2. Akuma and 5 new characters when people have been begging for Sagat & Sakura well before the game even came out.

SaikyoBro

Lol Remember this is Capcom we're talking about here.

Yeah this is a good point, the best fighting game news from them this gen has come in the form of nice, small surprises much more often than it has anything that would blow us away.

Also afaik there are only 2 SF chars and 2 RE chars in the base game.

Reading like 8 pages, I should have been when all the buzz started lol

Somewhat dissapointed on the new info, 28 characters and only 4 females is sad for me at least.

I really hope the newcomers surprise us.

Blueblur1

Yeah this is a good point, the best fighting game news from them this gen has come in the form of nice, small surprises much more often than it has anything that would blow us away.

No Akuma? lol @ Capcom

JazzmanZ

Akuma noooo

Neonep

So you only want new characters when it's convenient for you

Well ok then
I honestly don't care for those characters but Capcom should have known that bringing back old characters that the FGC (the community that you catered to and basically kept the game afloat) are begging for would be better. I remember I saw that DLC list and was bummed out. At least balance it out 3 new 2 old or vice versa.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What gets me is I paid about $70CAD for 38 characters in 2011 and am about to pay like $120CAD for 28 characters in 2017, a greater majority than ever before that are reused assets.

Also there's no way they release 2 characters a month consistently. Release timeline doesn't mean the production timeline is as fast, unless they do a ton of porting, but even still. There will be 3-6 months without characters before a Season 2. Y'all crazy for thinking Capcom has that sort of pipeline when pretty much no dev does that period.

Unless I've been counting wrong (which honestly is possible, I've been on my phone this whole day lol) the list I saw has 13 Capcom chars and 14 Marvel chars. I suspect I know who the last Capcom character is thanks to another source but not 100%.
I suspect there's one less person returning from UMvC3, then, to make it add up.

Wow... no Akuma.
The other RE rep must be Wesker then.

Returning characters from 2, hopefully C.C. and Jin.

I'm still hoping for Daredevil...

JazzmanZ

What gets me is I paid about $70CAD for 38 characters in 2011 and am about to pay like $120CAD for 28 characters in 2017, a greater majority than ever before that are reused assets.

Also there's no way they release 2 characters a month consistently. Release timeline doesn't mean the production timeline is as fast, unless they do a ton of porting, but even still. There will be 3-6 months without characters before a Season 2. Y'all crazy for thinking Capcom has that sort of pipeline when pretty much no dev does that period.

I suspect there's one less person returning from UMvC3, then, to make it add up.

To be fair most of that extra money is because of our shitty dollar ._.

FTF

I only need to know if the GOAT mvc3 character made it
8rird1I.gif

whoa, what's this from?

MrCarter

Every recent fighting game has DLC. That includes your beloved KOF14. Inj2 and T7 announced DLC before release, just like MvCI. And, just like MvCI, Inj2 and T7 have lots of reused assets.

You are not wrong. Seems like there is a lot of double standards going on around here. In my opinion 28 characters is a good starting point to build upon I just hope the cast is strong enough.

Hottest of hot takes incoming, but I wonder if the nature of the launch roster is at all reflective of Marvel comics' sudden...complex stances when it comes to diversity. (_'~')_
I know its not indicative of every other branch @ Marvel but having little, if any, of their minority characters and an absolute minimum of female heroes just seems super weird to me. I was for sure this game was gonna do better on that front, but seeing them actually take steps -back- from UMvC3 is surreal.

Top Bottom